Followers

Blog Archive

Dropping The Nude Hammer . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Monday, November 06, 2006

The December issue of Playboy magazine arrived this weekend, and although I typically read most of the articles (I swear), the pictures from the year-end spectacular merited special attention as Cindy Margolis was staring back at me from the cover.


Margolis is the most downloaded person on the Internet, which would be a pretty sweet title to throw out at bars or simply place prominently on a business card.

I would also find ways to work it into nearly every conversation I ever had regardless of the topic.

"You just got a raise, eh?"

"That's really cute, but I'm the most dowloaded person on the entire Internet jack-ass. I'll raise you that, and see how you like it." (laughs maniacally).


It's probably for the best that I don't hold this title, eh?

Anyway, Margolis was equally as famous for refusing to shed her clothes as she was for being an Internet pin-up Queen, but I suppose Hugh Hefner finally wore her down like an old boot-heel.

The decision to finally shed her clothes wasn't easy, but as Margolis noted in several interviews, the timing was finally just right.

Margolis: "My decision to do Playboy is literally 20 years in the making. I've always prided myself in keeping my clothes on, being the girl next door. I've had the number-one downloaded (celebrity) Web site, and for years I've been known as the "Queen of the Internet" in the "Guinness Book of World Records," America Online, Yahoo!, (all while) keeping my clothes on, and I've been very proud of that. Every couple years when Mr. Hefner would call, I would very graciously decline, because my mom would kill me, and I thought it was more mysterious keeping my clothes on.

But, this year, when I got the call from Mr. Hefner, it was my 40th birthday. So I thought, "Wow -- at 40, they still want me?" And I thought it's almost an inspiration -- like a "you go, girl" moment. I feel empowered that you can be married and have three children and still be sexy and confident and look great."




I guess that having it all for some people means getting buck naked and wearing body glitter, which works for me as Margolis looks great for any age. It's also obvious that she enjoys bringing her Internet authority to virtually any conversation too.



There's always been something about Margolis that mixes a vague sort of moral code with pure voluptous lust in my eyes and I have to say that I really dig that juxtaposition.

And I don't care about the air-brushing involved because anybody who looks at Playboy images for reality has about as much credibility as a high-ranking religious leader who claims to buy drugs but not use them, as well as pay for massages by gay men but not indulge in anything else.

It's a moral tight-rope that Margolis has walked for years, but now the gauntlet has been thrown aside and her clothes quickly followed - not that I'm complaining.

-BDS

9 comments

  1. JLee Says:
  2. good for her! haha I think she shoulda been honest and said "you know, at 40 you just don't give a shit anymore..." lol
    Man, I remember she used to model in catalogs 20 years ago...she's a marketing genius. (well, maybe genius is a bit far)

     
  3. I dunno, man. In the dominatrix picture, she looks like Joan Crawford.

    Also, I really hate when women brag about looking great after having children even though they haven't given birth to, in her case, two-thirds of them.

    On the other hand, I'm around her age and I wish I looked that good, with or without airbrushing, fake tits and Botox.

     
  4. JLee Says:
  5. It was interesting to see her transformation from "the old days" when she first modeled. Her body and nose got smaller and smaller, as her boobs got bigger and bigger, and her hair got blonder and blonder. She traded up! lol Hey, whatever works.

     
  6. Jlee - She is definitely pretty damn smart to have marketing herself and more prominently her body so well for more than 20 years. If you've got it, go ahead and flaunt it for as long as possible.

    Wendy - Don't bring Joan Crawford into this. Shudder. And it isn't quite the same thing when you've had kids that way - regardless of the amount of botox and saline involved.

    Stiltwalker - You can see a lot more than that in the Playboy spread.

    Jlee - I'm all for trading up and enhancing lips, boobs, etc. That being said, it's a fine line that and once you cross it you just look scary from there on out. I still think Cindy is on the right side - for now.

     
  7. Kayla Says:
  8. She thinks it's "mysterious" to keep her tiny bikini on?
    What exactly did she think she was hiding under there? haha
    Guess the pussycat is out of the bag now ;-)
    Damn right if I was the most downloaded person on the net, I'd tattoo it on my forehead!

    My word verification is "ndbop"
    Now I'm going to have that Hansen song "Mmmbop" playing in my head all day...

     
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. I love your blog. Keep up the good work.

     
  11. Kayla - That is the very definition of mystery in my book. Ha. And I feel sorry for you if you've been thinking about Hanson all day long as I haven't even considered them in years, although that stupid song does get caught in the brain gears rather easily.

    Jessjor01 - I appreciate that, and that's the best first comment from someone I've gotten since this thing started.

     
  12. Unknown Says:
  13. soooo, I guess you like her. :)

     
  14. Yeah, Margolis is OK in my book.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com