Followers

Blog Archive

Bathing With The Drunken Viking . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Thursday, November 02, 2006

{This is the first of what will be a recurring series that will only happen when I have consumed far too much beer at the Draught Horse Tavern in Austin, TX with my brother. Tonight, for instance more than 2 pitchers of Harp and a few pints went down the hatch, which undoubtably leads to strange thoughts, candid insights and pure horseshit. Selah.}


- Any sport where you can still drink and play it (i.e. bowling, golf, softball) is not a real sport.

- If anyone starts a conversation with "to tell you the truth" - the next statement is probably a lie.

- Most people should not have their driver's license as they are a plague on the road and dangerous to everyone around them.

- Is anyone else terrified of what Pam Anderson will look like when she's 60?



- Why is horny such a silly word for such a serious action?

- Is there a worse place for a conversation with a stranger than a public bathroom?


- If someone still uses the catchphrase "Show me the money" without an ironic glint in their eye, that person is officially someone that I will no longer hang around.

- If anyone has too many "good friends," I instantly lower my trust in their judgement.

- A doctor should never have cold hands when checking you for hernia - and he should never be smiling either.

- Incompetence is running rampant in our society. If you hate your job - join the club, but you still better do it well.

- Madonna's arms look freakishly scary these days.


- If someone ever comes up with a hangover cure then bar sales are going to go through the roof.

-BDS

11 comments

  1. JLee Says:
  2. Good observations all! Funny thing, I was just thinking of the second one yesterday, but it was the phrase "to tell you the truth..."
    I thought to myself "self, I should never use that phrase to start a sentence because it will seem as if I don't normally tell the truth!" And at work Sunday, some crew members got into a heated argument over headsets regarding the first point, specifically golf, whether it was a real sport or not. It never got resolved...

    nice bath tile!

     
  3. Sherry Says:
  4. You were still drunk when you wrote this, weren't you?
    ;-p
    And at 60? Pam scares me now!

     
  5. Jlee - I've had the same debate before, and it's always a heated one. And thanks for the tile compliment, which is statement I thought I might never say.

    Sherry - She is looking a bit rough these days, and I have no comment on the first part. I refer such questions to my attorney, who resides in Ireland.

     
  6. Melissa Says:
  7. That is officially the most awesome Viking hat EVER. Well done.

     
  8. nobich Says:
  9. As long as you had fun & nobody got hurt or dead everythings a ok

     
  10. Melissa - You are an astute judge of talent, and I'll take that as a high compliment. My best friend and I bought matching hats out of the blue when we were in college, and the viking hat is a little worse for wear but still hanging in there (as am I).

    Nobich - Nothing got killed except a few cheeseburgers from Jack N Box and my head the next morning. Ouch.

     
  11. JLee Says:
  12. ...obviously not too drunk to crop out your junk from the photo.

     
  13. Unknown Says:
  14. !LOL! I like your observations.

     
  15. Julia - You better believe it is. Good eye.

    Jlee - I prefer the term treasure to junk. Ha. And it took a lot of photoshop work to keep it at bay.

    Carmel - Thank you, but I owe it all to Harp and Negro Modelo.

     
  16. Anonymous Says:
  17. I met my best friend in the bathroom!

     
  18. I met an old girlfriend in the bathroom. Small world for bathrooms.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com