Followers

Blog Archive

The Flasher (Look Away) . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Monday, October 30, 2006

{Editor's Note: This post contains graphic images not suitable for small children or my grandparents.}

Every year there's always at least one Halloween party to attend, and virtually every year due to cheapness, laziness or filthiness I fall back on my standard costume - The Flasher.


This came about in college at the 11th hour as I combed the streets of Austin looking for inspiration. I found it in the form of an adult store called Forbidden Fruit.

$20 and one giant fake penis later I was walking out the door and The Flasher was born.


The only catch was the store made me sign something saying that I would only use the item for educational purposes, which I figured I could stretch to mean almost anything and some lessons could definitely be learned from the apparatus.

After I had this little gem, the only thing left was a visit to the salvation army for an old trenchcoat and a big pair of sunglasses and I was easily one of the most popular people at the party that year.

It has remained that way since then as it's amazing just what kind of ice breaker a giant rubber penis protruding from your pants can be.

One minute you're talking stocks versus mutual funds or UT football and then a collective gasp goes up from the group as your coat parts and they see this hanging out in front of them:


It looks pretty damn real doesn't it?

I also appreciate the craftsmanship and attention to detail required to add the vein along the side.

One might argue that it's too early on a Monday morning to be confronted with this, but I consider it a public service announcement because if anyone still needs a costume, you could do a lot worse than The Flasher.

Besides, who needs to see another version of that guy from "The Matrix" anyway?

-BDS

15 comments

  1. JLee Says:
  2. are you sure that's a costume? hahahah
    Props for the prop. That could do just as much damage as my prop if you're not careful!

     
  3. Kayla Says:
  4. Hahaha..well, it is pretty early in the morning to be seeing that!
    Incredible how real it looks.
    You could pass for a real pervert!
    ;-)
    Like the look of your new blog too.

     
  5. Jlee - That would be least scary item, and it does make weaving your way through crowded extra tricky because some people just don't appreciate getting prodded by that thing. Go figure.

    Kayla - Thanks for the site design feedback, and as for the costume, I always err on the side of reality. Always.

     
  6. That is a great costume. I can't believe the store made you sign something saying you could only use that for educational purposes. For heaven sakes they are an adult store and their name is Forbidden Fruit. Plus saying you are using that for education purposes leaves it open to lots of interpretations.

     
  7. nobich Says:
  8. Education is a wonderful thing!!!

     
  9. Sarcastic - That was the funniest part in my mind, and I can still remember it more than 5 years later. I think it was a cover your ass thing having to due with TX laws, which can be a bit conservative.

    Nobich - Especially higher education. Ouch.

    Idig - "It was made using a life-sized mold of my own penis" is definitely going in the memory banks as it's better than I finally needed one that would fit in my pants, which doesn't quite work.

     
  10. Melissa Says:
  11. Very clever!

    My favorite costume of my own-and keep in mind I'm a geek-was period costume with an "A+" embroidered across the front. I was Esther Prin, Hester's over acheiving little sister.

    Definitly digging the new look.

     
  12. JLee Says:
  13. I thought the prop was actually a "cake topper" lol

     
  14. Melissa - I like your even better as there's nothing like a good literary costume taken from a slightly dirty angle. Impressive.

    Jlee - I refuse to rule anything out.

     
  15. Unknown Says:
  16. LOL! Have fun at the party.

     
  17. Dreamlover Says:
  18. OMG! I was like, "OMG" and then I realized it wasn't real!!

    Funny costume!! ;0)

     
  19. Carmel - Thanks as this usually makes a grand entrance.

    Dreamlover - Who said it was fake? Oh yeah, I did. Forget I said it.

     
  20. Sherry Says:
  21. Texas does have some funny laws when it comes to those types of items.

     
  22. They have a lot of funny laws, but especially about anything sexual in nature.

     
  23. You may not say it too often, but I have no problem accepting the compliment each and every time it is offered. So thank you.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com