Followers

Blog Archive

HD UGLY TV . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Saturday, September 30, 2006

Rosie O'Donnell was recently named the "worst looking" celeb in High-Definition TV, and although I don't know the exact criteria for this designation, this doesn't seem particularly shocking to me.


Phillip Swann of TVPredictions.com, a website that covers the HDTV industry, came out with his list of rankings that puts O'Donnell at the top followed by Howard Stern, Teri Hatcher, Britney Spears and Burt Reynolds (who I can attest to after watching him in HDTV on "My Name is Earl" this week).


HDTV is known for its crystal clear reception and, much to Hollywood's chagrin, its ability to pick up every line, wrinkle and crevice on a star's face.

Swann says "no one enjoys the view of Rosie in high-def" and adds that she "looks like she uses a Brillo pad" to wash her face. Ouch.

Of Stern, he said that the satellite radio star has undergone the "worst abuse of a surgical scalpel since Jack the Ripper roamed the streets of London." Brutal.


Hatcher topped last year's roundup, but this year she fell (or rose depending on your point of view) to number three. "She's so thin that she could pass as a mother of four... in Darfur." This seems offensive to Darfur.

Spears was attacked as "Mrs. Federline is just 24, but she looks 34 in HDTV," and Reynolds took some heat for a "face looks like it's been Scotch taped back in place."

Finally, Madonna was pulverized by Swann as having cheeks that are "more caved in than a West Virginia coal mine."

I have seen no picture of Swann, but I hope for his sake that he looks pretty damn good in any medium because he spared no expense in ripping these people for their flaws.

To be fair, Swann did note that some stars hold up remarkable well under the glare of HDTV as Scarlett Johansson, Beyoncé, Eva Longoria, Ben Affleck. No shit.


Some people would look good if you smeared them with peanut butter and threw them in a burlap sack - not that I've ever considered doing that to anyone.

-BDS

15 comments

  1. julia Says:
  2. well as long as scarlett's doing alright.

    really, if i was ever going to be a lesbian (let's face it, wouldn't be too much of a stretch at this point, but i'm talking committed lesbian, not sexually ambiguous and fluid "bi-curious" like many - especially young - women are, even though guys have to rigidly (at least in public) fit into binary sex definitions) for anyone, it would be her. so beautiful.

     
  3. Burt Reynolds looks like his neck and chest have collapsed under the weight of his own head.

    Oh, I almost forgot, your new TV show should be Rescue Me with Denis Leary.

     
  4. JLee Says:
  5. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I find Howard Stern strangely attractive?? I don't like that HD has that effect. Our anchors now cake on the makeup, along with false eyelashes, just to look decent on camera. I wanna know who does the lighting and what kind of cameras/filters they use on the Oprah show, because everybody looks damn good on there!

     
  6. Julia - I agree with our assesment of Scarlett & as for the rest, I'm all for the fluid bi-curious nature of women. A double standard, I realize, but one I'm willing to accept and embrace nonetheless.

    Idig - I have a strong feeling that "Rescue Me" is a good show, and I like Denis Leary but I hate to start shows that are already several seasons into their run. Too much catching up to do on the backstories.

    Jlee - Too much makeup just looks ridiculous on everyone, and I'm not sure about your Stern thing. He's always looked like a Scarecrow in my opinion, however, attraction is a tricky thing. And I'm sure Oprah has paid major money to make sure that everyone, especially her, looks good on the show.

     
  7. Unknown Says:
  8. I haven't seen burt in so long, he has surely aged sheesh!

     
  9. nobich Says:
  10. Howard Stern has Stretch Armstrong skin too too much

     
  11. Lucy Says:
  12. "Oprah has paid major money to make sure that everyone, especially her, looks good on the show."

    Well, in her case, it ain't working.

     
  13. Always amazes me when people are surprised that celebrities don't look as good in person, which HDTV is supposed to simulate.

    As a writer, I hate Teri Hatcher for getting a book deal, but, as a woman around her age, I'd love to look half as good as she does.

     
  14. Carmel - He should have aged a bit more gracefully instead of hitting the surgeon so much.

    Nobich - True, but not as much as Burt Reynolds - yet.

    Luce - It's all relative and makes you ponder just how she would look if you caught her outside of her studio.

    Wendy - Hatcher has a great body, and although I didn't know she had a book deal, I still don't think her face is anything to write home about.

     
  15. Anonymous Says:
  16. a "great body"?! she is about 80 pounds (that might be generous)- she has no curves and her legs are the same width as my wrists (when Im not retaining water).

     
  17. JLee Says:
  18. I agree! Last I read she was around 100 lbs at 5'6"!

     
  19. Anonymous & Jlee - Alright, I might have gone over the top with "great" because she has gotten too thin, but I still think her body could be pretty nice if she gained a few pounds, which still wouldn't help her face in the slightest.

     
  20. Anonymous & Jlee - Alright, I might have gone over the top with "great" because she has gotten too thin, but I still think her body could be pretty nice if she gained a few pounds, which still wouldn't help her face in the slightest.

     
  21. The choice of Rosie looking the worst isn't any surprise. I think I would pretty much vote her the worst looking person on TV period.

     
  22. I think Rosie would get my vote too.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com