Followers

Blog Archive

Plowing Cameron . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Saturday, September 23, 2006

Cameron Diaz filed a police report this week accusing a photographer of assault with a deadly weapon after he got into a brouhaha with Diaz and Justin Timerblake over some pictures.


Diaz and Timberlake were leaving a friend's home in Hollywood just after midnight Wednesday when a photographer who had been hiding in the bushes jumped out and tried to snap a picture of the pair, said police Officer April Harding.

The couple chased the photographer "a short distance" until he allegedly got into his car and then drove towards Diaz and Timberlake, which caused Cameron to lunge out of harm's way.

While I don't condone mowing people (even celebrities) down in the street, and despite my feelings that Diaz was unfairly harrased on this one, there's just something about Cameron that irritates me enough to understand where the photographer was coming from.

It's hard to articulate just what Diaz has done to cause this feeling, but the fact remains that it's there and it's not budging.

Anna Farris came close to nailing it with her homage or send-up up of Diaz in "Lost in Translation," although Farris denies she based the fictional character on Cameron.


Or maybe I'm just angry that Cameron has never been as fresh and sexy as she was when she first came onto my radar opposite Jim Carrey in "The Mask."


I suppose some things must remain a mystery, and this is just another one to add to my list.

-BDS

11 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. She was SOO hot in the Mask. As in, I think women felt the same way they feel about Angelina Jolie. What happened? Did she try to be too cute and "hang with the guys" type.

     
  3. Melissa Says:
  4. That's what happens when you make a girl "one of the boys". That and she's got no talent and the IQ of a turnip.

     
  5. JLee Says:
  6. I don't know...I loved her after seeing her goofy dance in "Charlie's Angels"

     
  7. BostonPobble Says:
  8. Once again, I have scrambled and am now up to date with my 2 Dollar readings. TTG for you and your view of...everything. It always makes me smile!

     
  9. Anonymous - I wouldn't lump Angelina in as far as Cameron, but yes I think her I'm sexy but also one of the boys schtick (sp?) just went too far.

    Melissa - You boys comment is dead-on, and while I wouldn't say she has no talent (she is quite adept at shaking her butt around onscreen) the turnip line killed me.

    Dr - Never saw In Her Shoes. As for the photog, he was clearly being a jackass.

    Jlee - It was sometime after the first Charlies Angels that Diaz jumped the shark in my mind, although I can't quite remember the exact moment.

    Bostonpobble - Nice to see you back and I'm glad to help with a smile and a laugh or anything else half-way decent because there is often a shortage running around these days.

     
  10. Kayla Says:
  11. Frankly, she wants it both ways,
    but we all know that's not how fame works..
    She does shake a fine ass..
    That is to be appreciated.
    But she also shakes a burly man- masked ass..
    Do with that what you want

     
  12. I agree and rarely can you have it both ways as you just end up overreaching and annoying.

    And I don't want to do anything with a burly man-masked ass. Absolutely nothing.

     
  13. julia Says:
  14. the celebrity stalking thing is definitely a mystery, especially considering how many people seem to say things like, "i really don't understand that celebrity stalking thing" but apparently it's putting food on someone's table. someone who is not nicole ritchie. okay, julia, that was a stretch, just stop.

    but seriously, that diaz. she comes from a rough childhood i think.

     
  15. Kodijack - I never saw those pics of JLo, although I do remember seeing more than a few of Lindsey Lohan recently who seems to abhor crossing her legs or wearing underwear, which is fine by me.

    Julia - I appreciate the Ritchie comment, and I was thinking the same thing because this picture stalking is a lucrative business from the few articles I've read on the subject. And when there's big money, there is usually deviant behavior that follows right behind it.

     
  16. Kayla Says:
  17. Hahahaha..
    Fabulous answer!

    ;-)

     
  18. And true too.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com