Followers

Blog Archive

Quick Hit Friday . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Thursday, September 28, 2006

"If you're looking for sympathy, you can check between shit and syphilis in the dictionary." - Paul Gleason, "Johnny Be Good"


I feel bad for Anna Nicole Smith after losing her son to a deadly mix of methadone, Zoloft and Lexapro. Who I don't feel bad for, however, is her lawyer, Howard K. Stern, the self-proclaimed father of her new baby.


Although I wouldn't rule it out, Stern has competition from some other guy who also claims to be the father. If I were Anna, I would go with bachelor #2 because Stern seems like a complete and total dipshit.

Apart from the obvious reason, I'm not sure why I enjoy it so much when celebrities are photographed in see-through tops.



Posh Spice and the rest of them have to know that they will be photographed and their breasts will be on display. I suppose it's a small price to pay for a little extra press coverage, eh?

I dig these Mark Nason boots, but I'm worried that I can't buy and wear them without being in a band. Is this true?


I'm not sure what disturbs me more, that Clay Aiken came within a hair of having the #1 best-selling album this week or his hair itself, which looks like a dead otter is draped to his head.


Todd Phillips could never make another movie again, and rest of the laurels of "Old School," which despite being quoted while drinking far too often, remains a great comedy. "School For Scoundrels" opens today, and it looks like a rip-off of several different movies that are likely far superior such as "Rushmore."


I might be swayed, but for now, I'm highly skeptical that Scoundrels will be any good at all.

This is when running on the beach is not sexy:


Oh, Mischa Barton, you're lucky that you are no longer on "The O.C." which peaked during its first year where you were easily the worst actor on the show.

Per usual, I like to end with what I consider to be a good visual, and the colors here are enough for me.

Happy Friday.

-BDS

15 comments

  1. JLee Says:
  2. Wow, is that what her son died of?? I didn't seem to hear a straight answer anwhere..kinda like the whole Terrell Owens "suicide attempt". "Oh no, it wasn't a suicide attempt, I know he said that, but he changed his mind.."
    As far as the boob thing, I have heard those high powered flashes catch things you normally wouldn't see, but you'd think they know by now. And get the boots! They're awesome. Clay Aiken is slowly turning into Liz Minelli. The only other comment I have is, I will probably see "School for Scoundrels" out of curiosity.

     
  3. JLee Says:
  4. oh yeah, and great picture! very fall-ish

     
  5. Instead of press coverage you might want to say press "cleavage." It is the same reason other people dress in certain clothes. You want to show yourself off to a certain extent.

    I would get the boots. They are pretty cool looking. And I don't think you have to be in a bad to wear them.

     
  6. nobich Says:
  7. Clay Aiken is looking weirder & weirder. shudder

     
  8. Jlee - I don't know what to make of T.O. except the whole thing is ridiculous. And thanks for the yeah vote on the boots as well as the parallel between Aiken and Minnelli. Very interesting.

    Sarcastic - I'm glad there's no band component with the boots & as for the cleavage, I can't say I'm complaining.

    Jenni222 - I'm happy to spread some knowledge to fill the void of People. Feel free to send the subscription price to Austin (and I certainly remember Cliff Notes).

    Nobich - I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but it is definitely true.

     
  9. the hair was disturbing. However even more freaky, at least for me anyway, was Clay trying to rock the facial hair look, on Larry King Live. It was like seeing a bearded woman at a carnival.

     
  10. locomocos Says:
  11. there was a very interesting interview on NPR with the writer/director of the film.

    Listen here when you get a chance! it actually makes me want to see his movie!

     
  12. locomocos Says:
  13. Whoops!
    film being School of Scoundrels.

    geez.

    TGIF.

     
  14. Idig - I heard that Aiken was on Lary King, but not that was sporting some fuzz. I'm sure it made him look tough and soulful.

    Cassie D - Thanks for the link, and in general I like Todd Phillips, but I've read about 15 awful reviews today on the film and one decent one. We'll see.

     
  15. Melissa Says:
  16. Ok, anyone who didn't know Clay was a raging mo when he was on AI needs to take their gaydar in for service, because clearly it's broken.

     
  17. Melissa Says:
  18. Oh, and get the boots. I'm a total shoe bitch, the boots are fabulous.

     
  19. Miss Ash Says:
  20. Anna Nicole could actually be a rather attractive woman, were it not for the fact that she is sooooooo bloody weird.

    And the boots, negative on that one, don't do it....

     
  21. Melissa - I agree as it's always been obvious, and I'll add some weight to the boots due to your expertise.

    Miss Ash - Right now, you're outnumbered 3 to 1 for the boots, but I like dissension. As for Anna Nicole, she's got a great face and a good body again, but her intelligence is so damn low that it makes her unattractive to me.

     
  22. Anonymous Says:
  23. Clay...that's who that guy was...I cut it about a month ago.
    HE ASKED FOR THAT!!

     
  24. You should have told him NO!

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com