Followers

Blog Archive

Travolta Runs Wild On Land & In The Air . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Saturday, September 09, 2006

John Travolta owes the second half of his career to Quentin Tarantino.


Before Tarantino tapped Travolta (I'm a sucker for alliteration) to play Vincent Vega, the former Warthog was busy making sequels to "Look Who's Talking" and other horrendous crap like "The Experts."

After nailing his role in "Pulp Fiction," however, Travolta jumped back to being cool and used this as a catalyst to push him back into leading man roles for the next decade.

But lately things have been looking less than stellar for Travolta.

First, the upcoming "Dallas" movie has been plagued by departures (J-Lo) and script problems and lately several disturbing pictures have been floating around cyberspace.

This one is more easily explainable as Travolta is in character as Edna Turnblad in the upcoming "Hairspray" movie.


Although I understandy why, the sight of a portly Travolta dressed very believably as a woman still sends chills up my spine and causes my testicles to shrink like I'd been doing laps in an ice-cold swimming pool.

That one is a bit less strange than this picture which found Travolta preparing for take-off aboard his jet:


I don't believe that guys are never allowed to express their feelings as a drunken hug and "I love you man" seems reasonable under most circumstances.

That being said, I have to draw the line at kissing another man full on the lips as a goodbye gesture, but then again, everybody is different and maybe that's how Travolta likes to start his flights as captain.

Whatever the rationale, it still left a perplexing question in my mind: If this kind of thing happens on the stairs, what exactly is going on in the cockpit?

That was brutally obvious and juvenile, but I couldn't help myself.

-BDS

10 comments

  1. SymplyAmused Says:
  2. I was going to say something but I found I have nothing to say about John Travolta's takeoff picture (grins)

     
  3. Lucy Says:
  4. That picture of him in the dress is extremely unnerving.

    Where did the great, self-respecting, bell-bottom clad John of Saturday Night Fever go?

     
  5. drëâmè® Says:
  6. haha.... holy shit i can't believe that picture of him as a woman was Travolta =/ scary.

    I love alliteration too.

    Amazing Alliteration ;)

    Mahalo,
    Sahar

     
  7. oronde ash Says:
  8. think the guys's one of the worst actors in hollywood. overrated. some folks can't forget saturday night fever or grease. the guy's bad. a few good movies in the mid 90s. "phenomenon" made me think. can't forgive the world for nominating the guy for best actor even though "pulp fiction" was all about samuel l jackson. sam l made that friggin' movie but --i have to assume, and not being racist here-- female, white voters in the academy had a hard-on for this guy... the guy sucks as an actor...

     
  9. When "Welcome Back Kotter" was on TV in the '70s, I always liked Juan Epstein best and couldn't understand the allure of John Travolta's Barbarino character. Too pretty. And now he's playing a woman. I guess I was perceptive when I was 12.

     
  10. what kills me is how travolta's eyes are all closed and dreamy and how he leaning forward and has his hand tenderly around the back of the pilot like he's kissing giselle bundchen or something.

     
  11. Symplyamused - That's probably the best policy, but I couldn't resist.

    Luce - I thought so to as it just disturbed me and I fear that his cool factor has plunged right into the toilet.

    Dr - Thanks as I am a fiend for alliteration.

    Jackie - I like the ancient Greece analogy as I've often picture myself there - not for that aspect but for the general orgies and extreme vices.

    Jenni222 - He was great in Pulp, but these last few years have not been kind. That being said, there are better ways to drum up publicity.

    Bygowpis- Jackson should have been nominated for Best Actor that year as well, and although his role was more difficult than Travolta's in that film, John still more than held his own. Overrall, there are far better actors running around than Travolta, however, he does have charisma to burn on occassion.

    Wendy - I think we're often more finely tuned about things as children than as adults, and add this one to the list.

    Idig - I think you hit the nail on the head as it's the utter bliss look on his face that just caps the whole thing and makes it much more questionable.

     
  12. JLee Says:
  13. I would say it's strange behavior, but he's a Scientologist. Enough said. (sorry all you Scientologists reading this blog)

     
  14. Miss Ash Says:
  15. I also love Pulp Fiction. I dressed up as Mrs. Mia Wallace for halloween. I had a needle sticking out of my blouse and blood running down my nose, most people got it too, impressive.

    As for his farewell kiss, meh whatever.

     
  16. Jlee - You're not going to offend me, but you might now be on "the list" for Scientolgists to target. Beware because they scare me.

    Miss Ash - Great costume. It's even better almost everyone knew who it was which also says something.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com