Followers

Blog Archive

Quick Hit Friday . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Friday, January 12, 2007

"I am not drinking any fucking Merlot," - Paul Giamatti, "Sideways"


It's been a quiet start to the New Year as nobody has been making racist or anti-Semitic tirades or doing anything truly embarrassing, but let's check into things nonetheless.

This week former BFF or CPFs (Convenient Paparazzi Friends) Britney Spears and Paris Hilton tied for the top spot on Mr. Blackwell’s annual Worst-Dressed List.


Of the hard-partying duo, the geriatric designing divo said: “Two peas in an over-exposed pod! Style free and fashion deprived...ladies and gentlemen, the ‘SCREAMGIRLS’ have arrived!”

How hard can Blackwell's job be when you've got so many young starlets who dress like they were clothed in the dark inside a seedy brothel in Nevada to choose from?

The feud between Donald Trump and Rosie O'Donnell has now spilled over to Barbara Walters after Trump called her a "liar."


"That poor, pathetic man," said Walters, drawing whoops of approval from her TV audience.

I typically don't side with Barbara or Rosie in much of anything, but Trump has turned from a semi-annoying jackass to a full-blown self-aggrandizing dildo recently, and if he was in touch with reality he would have known that nobody cares about "The Apprentice" anymore, which would have allowed him to throw in the towel long before the show's premiere ratings came in dismally low.

David Beckham signed a five-year contract worth more than $250 million to join the Los Angeles Galaxy, which set off a frenzy in Europe where soccer is huge and a collective yawn by most of the U.S.


Of Beckham's $250, his wife, Victoria (Posh Spice) will likely require about $87 worth of food over the length of the agreement to maintain her emaciated figure.

Marilyn Manson, 38, and his wife of a year, Dita Von Teese, are getting divorced citing the ever popular "irreconcilable differences."


But rumors are now swirling that the real reason is Manson's non-stop partying coupled with the fact that he's started dating 19-year-old actress Evan Rachel Wood.

"Dita is heartbroken, she didn't see this coming," a source close to Von Teese tells People.

It seems reasonable enough to me as Manson has always behaved like a 19-year-old girl - albeit a girl with satanic and vaguely shocking tendencies - but the surprise element is still fairly low for me.

I love Brooke Burke, and have no problem admitting it.


Burke gave birth to a daughter this week with David Charvet (Baywatch) at her side.

The name of the little girl: Heaven.

Come on. I have nothing against a little spirituality and heaven seems like a great place to go, however, saddling someone with this moniker doesn't sit well with me as I read somewhere that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

For my own little piece of heaven, let's end with this image:


I'm feeling a bit sporty myself on Friday, but I have to issue the warning that I have been known to hand-check opponents in the name of competition. So, the balls in your court and . . . Happy Friday!

-BDS

11 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. The Beckham signing is huge. He is coming over to play in MLS waaay before he is washed up over in Europe. I'm hoping that others from across the pond join him.

    I'm not sure what parents these days are thinking when they come up with these 'creative' names. I can just see it now...I would like you to meet our CEO Heaven Burke...yeah, THINK before you name your kids! They have the name when they are adults too!

     
  3. nobich Says:
  4. Happy Friday Guys!!!

     
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. I saw that story about the BB baby, and I groaned because it's "Heaven Rain" Poor child.

    Happy Friday, Sporty Spice!

     
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. For goodness sake. Poor little Heaven. Wait until she is 80 and in some nursing home. Heaven is not a name for an 80 year old woman - it is most likely the place she is headed (we hope).

     
  9. locomocos Says:
  10. Evan Rachel Wood vs. Dita Von Teese? (please note, that is the most *tasteful* pic i could find)
    That just seems like a no-brainer - but maybe Dita was stealing Manson's spotlight or something - just like he stole her breasts....

    and what the hell happened to Posh? She looks like she sat on the wing of a plane for that 'mini tuck' or whatever she did to her face!
    ha!

     
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. How can those two be on the worst dressed list when they are barely dressed at the best of times?

     
  13. Anonymous Says:
  14. I read recently that the newest baby girl name is "Nevaeh," which is "Heaven" backwards. Why don't parents just go the extra mile and name their kid "Hell"?

    Or maybe Marilyn and Evan have dibs on that one...

     
  15. Rob - You must be a soccer fan. I actually got into it when I got HDTV because I loved watching the Spanish league on the HD. The green grass was very soothingt to me. Ha.

    Nobich - Happy Friday.

    Jlee - Happy Friday as I am feeling very athletic today. I need to go stretch.

    Sarcastic - I hadn't even thought that far ahead, but you're right. So right.

    LocoMoco - Good question about Posh as I can't remember when that happened. And your links are always good and this one is too as I like Dita personally.

    Miss Ash - I'm not sure of the judging criteria, but you raise a fair point. They would still make my list too.

    Wendy - Hell yes they should name a kid hell. And give it enough time and the pendulum will swing. Sadly.

     
  16. that last picture may be my favorite.

     
  17. I like it too, and I can't even remember where I found it.

     
  18. A black hole for the lot of them would work well, and you're right about the Oompa Loompa connection as Posh looks more and more like an alien or those little crazy creatures every single day.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com