Followers

Blog Archive

Getting Sideways With Britney . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Thursday, January 11, 2007

I watched "Sideways" on DVD last night, and although I've seen it before, it's still a damn good movie that I enjoyed nearly as much as the first time I saw it.


There's a visually stunning scene near the end of that movie where a large, rotund man is shown having some mean sex with his wife after catching her screwing Thomas Haden Church just hours earlier. I won't go into other plot details, but the scene includes some coitus interuptus as well as a foot race with this naked man running like a wolverine on speed with his balls flapping in the breeze.

And this is all caught on film.

It's not a pretty scene. A funny one - yes. But what I started wondering was how do you write up a casting sheet for that role and who answers it?

I imagine it reading: Needed - Overweight man with very pale skin to wear head beanie, have graphic sex onscreen and then allow your extra large body and penis to be immortalized on film for eternity in a chase scene that proves the laws of gravity all over again.

But I suppose that if you want something, you must be specific and get exactly what you're after or there is bound to be disappointment left in the wake.

Speaking of disappointment, Britney Spears is looking worse and worse these days, and even her stylist has thrown his hands in the air.

"Yes, I've done Britney Spears, but don't blame me, okay? I make her up and she just takes everything off and does her own thing." - Britney Spears' stylist, Britt Bardo


Ouch. I don't think I would cast Spears in anything right now, and I don't care how much wine I had consumed or just how sideways I became, there's not enough alcohol in the world to make her look good at the present time.

-BDS

14 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Haha actually as soon as i saw the title Sideways that was the first scene that popped into my mind. It was freaking hilarious!!! I haven't seen the movie since it came out however i recall enjoying the film and having a few laughs.

     
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. I love this movie!! I have wondered about that casting thing, too. Who wants to answer a call for "fat, disgusting person, that we are going to humiliate onscreen"? This came to mind when watching "Borat". As far as Britney, just remember the good times, B. The good times...

     
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. On the other hand you have to give it to the guy for answering the call. At least he's not deluded about who he is or what he looks like.

    As for the movie, I thought it was okay. It's not one I would have seen on my own. I saw it on an overseas flight. And since it's come out, the California Central Coast area where it was filmed is jam-packed with tourist wanna-be wine connoisseurs.

     
  7. Melissa Says:
  8. I love the scene with Virginia Madsen using wine as the metaphore for the longevity of love. Major Sandra Oh fan as well, she's good in everything.

     
  9. locomocos Says:
  10. best scene in that movie - next to the one where he freaks out and drinks the spit jar....

    good stuff.

    what's that on B's lip? Was she drinking her own breast milk or something?
    what did i miss?

     
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. I've never seen the film, and I figured I'd get to it eventually, if only to see the landmarks I live somewhat close to.

    But, wow, fat naked guy with balls a-flappin'--ooh la la--now I REALLY want to see it.

     
  13. I agree on the Brit thing.

    Her skin is looking hideous.

    All she needs is a face mask, hair treatment, manicure, pedicure, some exercise and a new wardrobe.

    It's not hard.
    If I can keep up a beauty routine, I'm sure she can.
    I just don't get it... when women don't look after themselves!!!

     
  14. Unknown Says:
  15. I haven't seen sideways, but goodness what a photo of brit!!

     
  16. Miss Ash - Great minds think alike, eh? It was funny and the movie makes me want to drink wine every single time.

    Jlee - Ahh, I knew it and I almost cited "Borat" but got too lazy as time was short. As for Britney, the good times were great, however, they seem so far away.

    Robert - That's fair as I think we all should have a solid opinion about ourselves and work it to the best of our abilities. And I think the tourist jam always happens from something like a successful movie based around a trip. Sorry.

    Melissa - I love Virginia Madsen and that scene with her and Giamatti is excellent. Top-notch writing and delivery.

    Locomocos - I've got a picture of the jar scene coming tomorrow, and that's some graffiti on Brit's lip from the site I pulled the pic from.

    Wendy - You should see it, and now you won't be as surprised. Sorry for that, but you have been warned.

    Friday - You would think that with all her money she could afford so many stylists that she was incapable of looking that bad. But apparently she's not using any of them.

    Carmel - You should rent it, and that was an awful photo. Surely she can't look that bad . . . Can she?

     
  17. Anonymous Says:
  18. Britney is just one hard, sad looking woman. At this point the best she should be doing is hiding.

     
  19. Unknown Says:
  20. if this is any consolation, Brit has great teeth! ;)

     
  21. Sarcastic - Ha. Love the part about hiding because she definitely shouldn't be seen in public.

    Carmel - Small favors. Thank goodness.

     
  22. Anonymous Says:
  23. That is a great scene in Sideways. Gotta love the freak in their characters.

    Poor, Brit.
    If she wasn't famous she'd be on Girls Gone Wild.

     
  24. Give Britney some time, and GGW might be in her future. She's sliding downhill fast.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com