Followers

Blog Archive

Peaks & Valleys & Dead Otters . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Sunday, January 07, 2007

The holidays are over, and there's no longer an excuse to indulge in sweets and alcohol and meaningless carbs.

I suppose you could always make a case for those things, but my rationalizing is over. Finished. I'm back on my diet for the last time as I have a tentative date for February 5th or the 19th to head to New York to live in a "model house" for a week.


Again, I'll believe it when I'm actually on the plane, but for good or ill, I'm ready to finish this saga which has stretched out far too long for my taste.

After several months of dieting, I've taken my body fat down to this:



{Editor's Note: I am wearing a backwards baseball hat in the pics & not a dead otter draped across my head}

My lengthy diet duration has essentially depleted my glycogen reserves, and now the tricky part really sets in as I need to get bigger and fill out my muscles while maintaining an extremely low body fat percentage.

This is easier said than done.

I'm currently alternating high/low carb days in an effort to confuse and hopefully improve my body. We'll see how this works as I get the feeling that my system is going to rebel in the near future.

It's funny how you can spend such an enormous amount of time tackling a project, and yet it's easy to forget why you started it in the first place. I can't remember clearly at this juncture, however, it seemed to have something to do with easy money, screenwriting connections, orgies, funny stories and a masochistic need to punish myself.

Let's hope at least a few of those things come to fruition, but I'm now headed for the home stretch and I need some luck to really "peak" when it matters the most.

We'll see.

-BDS

16 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Are you going to take a video camera to the "model house" and make us an "eighth and ocean" type mockumentary?? That would be awesome. Did I mention I hate you because your waist looks smaller than mine? Don't you wish you could do like Popeye and blow into your thumb and your arm suddenly gets huge?

     
  3. Only if you're lending the video camera in question and I can't speak to its safety. And that's Popeye idea is a good one. I'll work on that next week.

     
  4. Anonymous Says:
  5. KICKASS GONZO TATTOO!
    And dude I don't see any body fat O_O Maybe I'm just confused.

     
  6. Anonymous Says:
  7. OH and I see the ralph steadman print and Curse of Lono in the back =D

     
  8. Dr - Thanks as I've had the tatt for about 5 years or so. I need to get it re-inked actually.

    And I thought you would like the Thompson/Steadman stuff on my library wall. Ha.

    I just got the Dr. Gonzo print this Xmas and that Curse of Lono is the limited Taschen edition which has tripled in value since I bought mine - not that I'd sell it anyway.

     
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. you need an excuse to indulge in sweets and alcohol and meaningless carbs???

    say it isnt so!!!

    next thing i know, youll tell me i need an excuse for meaningless, toe-curling sex...

     
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. If only I looked as good as you..except for being the man part : )

     
  13. Shrewness - There's never any excuse not to have meaningless, toe-curling, religion-changing, bedpost-grinding sex. At least I hope not.

    Sympyamused - I think the whole gender switch would be a tough pill to swallow, but I appreciate the compliment nonetheless. I'm not there yet, however, I'll take just making some progress for now.

     
  14. Anonymous Says:
  15. If you're happy, I'm happy for you. You've worked really hard and have all my best wishes that it will all be worth it in the end. YAY!

     
  16. I appreciate the sentiment, and I'm not sure if happy is the best word for it, however, I am glad that I'm seeing this thing through to the end as I'm a firm believer in finishing things. We'll see how that turns out. Ha.

     
  17. Anonymous Says:
  18. Hubba hubba!!! If you cannot get your hands on a video camera, i suggest you at least bring a digital. I need some hot model types to stare at to get me through my day. I love your loft by the way!!

    Miss Ash

     
  19. Miss Ash - Thanks on both counts as I like to think both are coming around. Ha. And I'll work on the pics if I make it out there as we all need something to make it through the day.

     
  20. Anonymous Says:
  21. I would guess it is just the maschoistic need. Your dieting has been brutal. Plus bodies always seem to have a way of rebelling that is anything, but pretty.

     
  22. Don't give my body any ideas (but you're probably right about the masochistic thing).

     
  23. Anonymous Says:
  24. Feb.05
    That's a good date.

     
  25. That's what I'm leaning towards as well.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com