Followers

Blog Archive

Biel's Body Of Work . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Monday, January 08, 2007

Since "The Illusionist" is being released on DVD tomorrow, and also because I just like looking at Jessica Biel lately, it seemed appropriate to call attention to both her body as well as her body of work.



The latter is a bit shaky due to her turns in movies that have ranged from bad ideas ("The Rules of Attraction") to flat-out pieces of Hollywood garbage like "Stealth." Following those false starts, however, Biel has been appearing in smaller roles inside better projects.

She was passable in "Elizabethtown," a movie that took a solid idea and turned into a mess, but Biel finally nailed it with her work in "The Illusionist."

This is an excellent movie that benefits from great performances by Ed Norton and Paul Giamatti. Biel holds her own during her screen time, and this film is definitely worth a rental or a place in your NetFlix queue.

At the very least, it's almost worth renting any Jessica Biel movie because in my estimation, she's currently got the best body in Hollywood. Biel is lean, but hasn't gone the way of the emaciated as she also looks athletic and healthy.


I can appreciate that stance almost as much as "The Illusionist," and when you combine the two then you're onto something worthwhile because if you're that striking AND can make decent film choices, then you can hang around Hollywood forever.

-BDS

9 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. See i agree that the healthy athletic look is much better than say the anorexic look of Nicole Richie. Yay for curves.

    Miss Ash

     
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. I thought "The Illusionist" was her best work yet. Her and Ed's love scenes were pretty hot too! I like that she's not stick thin as well.

    Hey, were you doing target practice on those birds downtown?

     
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. She looks like a woman not a twig. What nice thing.

     
  7. Slopmaster - She certainly has, and we can all be thankful for that.

    Miss Ash - It's so far better that it's not even worth discussing - just looking at and appreciating.

    Jlee - I agree about "The Illusionist" and the sex scene. And you'll never pin those birds on me. You have no proof and any slanderous accusations will be handled accordingly.

    Sarcastic - A nice thing indeed.

     
  8. Anonymous Says:
  9. Hey, I saw your other post on the Illusionist and watched it and it was AWESOME!!

    I just can't picture her as anything other then Mary camden though!! haha. (7th heaven).

     
  10. Kayla Says:
  11. Sheeze..
    First thing that comes to mind is that song:
    "Baby Got Back"!!
    Hot bod, for sure.
    I don't think I've seen any of her movies yet.
    Illusionist does look good

     
  12. Anonymous Says:
  13. Was I the only one who thought "The Illusionist" was not good. I liked the story but the acting just seemed over done. I did like the setting and the cinematography though. I was really looking forward to seeing that movie but was disappointed.

    As far as women go, I love curves. These stick thin girls turn my stomach. I'm all for women with curves!

     
  14. Anonymous Says:
  15. The anonymous quote about not liking "The Illusionist" was mine. I'm not sure why my name didn't show up the first time.

     
  16. Dreamlover - I'm glad you liked it. And I never say 7th Heaven (knew about it), so I don't have that same problem.

    Kayla - Go rent the Illusionist as most of the rest of her stuff is shaky at best (and her body is top-flight right now & I just saw something where she got voted best butt).

    Rob - Sometimes Blogger does that. As for The Illusionist, I see where you might think that about the acting, but for me, Norton was excellent and although Giamatti was a bit hammy, I still liked it. Some of the bit parts were over-the-top, but I overlooked them for the larger roles and story and the cinematography, which as you noted, was excellent.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com