Followers

Blog Archive

Greased Giant Asses . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Saturday, January 13, 2007

How's that for a title, eh?


Ahh, but it's more than a title as it's how I feel today as it's raining like hell in Austin. I'm supposed to be in Dallas.

But forces of nature conspired against me to drive me back down I-35 last night after I had driven nearly for nearly two hours. When I left Austin, it was a balmy 70 degrees, however, as I drove north I received multiple calls telling me that the temperature was dropping below freezing in Dallas and it was raining.

This weather pattern was supposed to get worse all weekend, and despite having several social obligations to attend, I put my tail between my legs, turned back south onto I-35 and headed home.

I did not want to get stuck in Dallas as there are few things deadlier than Texans on ice. Maybe Texans on ice with guns, but that's another story.

So, I spent several hours in the car for no good reason and I'm not sure why driving long distances makes me feel like I need a long shower to cleanse the filth, however, it's definitely true and now all I want to do is get clean and then lazy on a free weekend that I didn't anticipate.

I hope everyone is having a better one as I'm going to the grocery store for some essentials and a giant bottle of baby oil (with the above picture as inspiration).

Whatever works . . .

=BDS

12 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. I know you posted some words here, but I just keep staring at the giant greased ass. Very distracting.
    Interesting grocery list:
    milk
    bread
    bottled water
    industrial size baby oil ?

     
  3. That would be an interesting list, but that's the beauty of HEB - you can get everything you could ever want or need. Ha.

    Distracting indeed.

     
  4. Anonymous Says:
  5. Ice and Texans..indeed, a very scary thought. Much like rain and Houston drivers...ACK! Glad you decided to turn tail and come back home. No need to put added stress on yourself worrying if you will make it down the street without sliding everywhere..wait, sliding..umm baby oil? nevermind : )

     
  6. nobich Says:
  7. Have fun then

     
  8. Anonymous Says:
  9. I think us canadians lent our winter to you this year =) It hasnt gone below zero here much at all... well at least where I am. Usually this time we'd be freezing at -30 or something.

     
  10. Unknown Says:
  11. it sounds like the weather is not great, i'd love some rain here though. Interesting title. Maybe your weekend will get better after some baby oil, take care and don't slip.

     
  12. Anonymous Says:
  13. BDS, I absolutely enjoy reading your blog not because of the photographs and other images in it but your choice of words project multitude of cliches and powerful adjectives. LOL!

     
  14. Symplyamused - I knew you would understand this bad combination, and be safe yourself. As for sliding with baby oil - it's true but it's done indoors. Safety first. Ha.

    Nobich - I'll try.

    Dr - It was 70 degress earlier this week, but this snap dropped on us like a hammer and we'll see when it will turn us loose.

    Carmel - Thanks as I will try to safe because I don't plan on leaving the loft until work on Monday, and even then, I might call in ice sick as I can do it all from home; where it's dry and the baby oil flows freely. Ha.

    Anonymous - I never underestimate the power of a strong adjective or well-placed cliche, and I'm glad you noticed. Hell, anybody can post pictures, eh?

     
  15. Anonymous Says:
  16. Greased Giant Asses . . .
    It's a classic!!
    I could go so many ways with that, but we all know I don't take it that way!

     
  17. Don't knock something until you . . . I think you know where that saying goes, but I still dig the title. Ha.

     
  18. Anonymous Says:
  19. Oh you poor thing, trying to drive to Dallas in that weather.
    It's where I live, so I feel ya on the long drives via I-35.

     
  20. Those have been some of the worst drives of my life. A few were good, but most of them weren't. Brutal.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com