Followers

Blog Archive

Is It Really Cheating . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Tuesday, January 09, 2007

{This is the fifth in a recurring series which will explore the brutally complex concept of monogomy in increasingly outlandish scenarios. We hope these will be illuminating what-if scenarios, and that they will cultivate some intense philosophical discussions around what, if anything, really constitutes cheating.}

Is It Really Cheating If:



You are making an international flight from Rome to the United States, and sitting next to you in first-class is a stunning, high-powered Trans-Atlantic lawyer.

After making some witty small-talk as well as a few lame jokes about checking out her briefs and hung juries, the plane hits turbulence and shakes violently back and forth. Oxygen masks drop from the ceiling, flight attendants are freaking out and even the pilot announces that things are not going well.

When things are at their bleakest, you make eye contact with your seatmate and to counter-balance your impending doom, you maul each other like teenagers before letting her straddle you as your seat rocks back and other passengers watch in stunned fascination at the frenzy of lust on display.

Ultimately, the plane rights itself and you make it to your destination safely. When you arrive, no words are exchanged as both of you are greeted by your significant others at the baggage claim area.

So, with the scent of doom in the air, is it really cheating?

-BDS

18 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. ooooh, this one is a toughie. I would have to say "yes" as in a real life or death situation, most would be on the phone, calling significant others, which would not go well if they heard panting noises in the background ;)

     
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. Hmm this is a tough one. For once i want to say no...but really it is. I'm sitting on the fence....you can't make me choose :P

     
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. Wait a minute... this is a trick. You're going to be flying to New York soon, right?

     
  7. Jlee - Finally - a challenging one, eh? But I never use those air phones - too expensive - so I guess the sex would have to do. Right?

    Miss Ash - You have to choose as there is no straddling the fence around here. Ha. Come back and let me know the verdict.

    Wendy - Tricky indeed. I might be going to NYC soon, but I actually don't want to get into this scenario as the less turbulence the better for me.

     
  8. nobich Says:
  9. Of course it's cheating but in life or death sometimes you just have to go for it. Say it's "justified cheating" Ha!! Happy flying!!!

     
  10. Anonymous Says:
  11. You had an awful scenario of cheating.Why not try another imagination that is worth your brain. LMAO!Unless of course that kind of scene happened to you in real life not on air but land.

     
  12. Nobich - Justified cheating works for me, and that would be happy flying indeed.

    Anonymous - I make no distinction between land, air and sea as I'm pretty good on all surfaces. Ha.

    Dreamy Colors - The jokes on you as I don't even own a laptop. Now my imagination is another story entirely.

     
  13. Anonymous Says:
  14. You sure come up with some doozies! Cheating!!!! (just made me sign in for this one, didnt you?) : )

     
  15. Signing in is good for the soul I read. And no mitigating cirumstances due to the proximity of death . . . Harsh.

     
  16. Kayla Says:
  17. Well....
    On a slight technicality, you didn't say they actually had sex.
    She just straddled the man and rode him like a pony. Yeehaw! haha
    Still, I'd rather my boyfriend be at least trying to reach me on the phone, or writing a final love note.

     
  18. Unknown Says:
  19. Now we know where your mind wanders to on those long flights. :D
    BTW I know a lawyer who is going on a flight from Aus to the US, i'll hook you up, only you would have to like grey hair, old and male :b

    Oh and yes sir it's cheating if your significant other says so.

     
  20. Slopmaster - Now that is good logic. Sold.

    Kayla - Everyone responds to doom in different ways, and maybe that's just one way to express your undying devotion. Maybe (and it should be inferred the straddling included some sex too. Ha).

    Carmel - I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll have to pass for various reasons. You're very generous, however, and I think that situation would be best kept to yourself.

     
  21. Anonymous Says:
  22. It is cheating. Your last moments are supposed to be spent with your life passing in front of you and only thoughts for your loved ones.

     
  23. Ahh, but everyone reacts differently, eh? It's possible that the act going on was also triggering those same thoughts . . . Maybe?

     
  24. Dreamy - I'm lost completely, but would really like to get the joke. I get most of them . . .

     
  25. Anonymous Says:
  26. Aahhahahah!

     
  27. I don't know how to respond, but I hope the ! mark is a good thing.

     
  28. Anonymous Says:
  29. I'd say no.
    The thought of impending death may send your emotions into overdrive and you want to feel passion one last time, be it vicariously through a stranger or not.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com