Followers

Blog Archive

Dreaming Of Birthday Gifts . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Monday, January 15, 2007

Well, an impending ice storm has shut virtually everything down in Austin, and caused me to work from home today.

Naturally this means that I just got up from a nap where I dreamed about work-related activities as well as my birthday which is a mere two weeks from today. I was dreaming of presents when I woke up and so I rushed to the computer to record them in no particular order:

1) Bats Over Barstow - Ralph Steadman Print - $4,500


2) John Vartos Skin scrub - $30


3) An End To The Need For Signs Like This One - Free - Perverts


4) Kenneth Cole Reaction Watch - $100


5) Limited Edition copy of "The Stand" by Stephen King in black leather case - $4,500


6) 1 year membership to El Rey in Austin - $300 per month - Club for gentlemen of power to hob-knob (sp?) and receive hot towel shaves in the comfort of a manly establishment in downtown Austin. It's good to be the King.


7) Nike Running Shoes - $150



These were the only ones that I could remember from my semi-coherant dreams. They also seemed vaguely attainable, unlike having Jessica Biel serve me breakfast in bed wearing this:


But it's my birthday, so I figure why not wish for the stars and see what happens.

A character in "Diner" once noted that "If you don't have good dreams, you have nightmares" and my dreams on this freezing wet day in Austin were dominated by hope and the certain knowledge that one day I will have at least some of these items.

We'll see how long it takes.

-BDS

13 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. good luck with all that. ;)
    Maybe you'll get the skin scrub or the watch. You can't have it all, I suppose.

     
  3. D Says:
  4. Rock on- Happy Birthday ! At least you know what you want.. : )

     
  5. Jlee - Thanks. I'll take all the luck I can get, and who says you can't have it all?

    D - I appreciate it. And how can you get things if you don't know what you want? Ha.

     
  6. Anonymous Says:
  7. I WANT THAT RALPH STEADMAN PRINT TOO!

     
  8. Anonymous Says:
  9. Ooooh, I want that Stephen King book too!!!! good choice! and Happy pre-birthday!!!

     
  10. Dr - I thought you would like that as I've been eyeing it for years.

    Symplyamused - Thanks & I thought the King book might also resonate with you, but I've watched it climb from around $2K to close to $5 over the past few years.

     
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. Let me work on that awesome present!
    I guess it's birthday season.


    hmmmmmmmmm

     
  13. Anonymous Says:
  14. But what if you had to choose between Jessica & "The Stand"?
    Which one would give you longer- lasting bragging rights?

    Then again, you could go for the dude-spa, and make up the story!

    Feliz Birthday!

     
  15. Girlbehind - Well then get crackin' on that one. Ha. I know you're busy buying a plane ticket to, so prioritize & then finish them all.

    Orchid - That would be a brutal decision, yet one that I would love to be forced to make. Dude-Spa. Love it. And yes, I would probably lie to the others members.

     
  16. Anonymous Says:
  17. Hopefully all your birthday dreams will come true.

     
  18. Birthday present dreaming on a cold wintry day. Yum.

    Cut scene to Southern Hemisphere:

    IT"S *%#$@ing disgustingly %$#@!ing HOT!!!! I want to %$#@&^ing KILL MYSELF!!!!!

    $#@%^!%!$@#@!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. I had no idea that a King book, limited edition or not, would even go for that (crazy).

    Cool kicks.

    Here's to hoping for a nice birthday, eh?

     
  21. Sarcastic - I'll second that and thanks.

    Friday - I always forget how polar opposite that Australia is from Austin, and I'd actually take a bit of that hot weather right now. But just a little.

    Sherry - Ha. That is kind of funny about the King book, but it's the packaging and the limited edition part that make it so difficult and pricey. And let's hope for a nice birthday as I can't honestly say that I'm looking forward to it. Selah.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com