Followers

Blog Archive

Tagging & Answering . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Monday, August 07, 2006

Although I'm not sure exactly what this blog tagging entails, I have been drafted to answer some questions and that's something I can do.

And without further ado, here's my list the begins and ends with 5 things:

5 Things always in my wallet:
1. Driver's license
2. Credit Cards
3. Cash - Always remember that cash is King and trumps credit cards because it is taken everywhere.
4. Press card from when I was a journalist, which was nearly 5 years ago.
5. Starbucks gift card as I always tend to get these for various occassions and like the coffee even if I hate to pay for it - hence the cards.


5 Things always in my refrigerator:
1. Lots of water
2. Eggs (roughly 36 or so a week).
3. Salsa - good on almost everything.
4. Coffee
5. Beer - If I'm not dieting it's usually Heineken, Negro Modelo, Dos Equis, or Guinness.


5 Things always in my closet:
1. Square-toed shoes black/brown
2. Shoe polish
3. Fire-proof mini-safe for important stuff and also miscellaneous crap.
4. T-shirts & Button-downs - A good mix of dress/casual is important.
5. Ties - although I haven't worn one in years when I wasn't at a funeral or a wedding.

5 Things always in my car:

1) Garage door opener
2) Insurance card
3) Change - for making complete dollars at fast-food establishments
4) Microfiber cloth - To clean sunglasses
5) A towel - In the trunk because you just never know when you might need a towel and it has come in handy more than once.

5 Most Recent DVD Purchases:

1) Dazed and Confused: Criterion Collection
2) Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
3) Gina Lynn's Dark Side
4) Tombstone - Collector's Edition
5) The Karate Kid - Special Edition

5 Books That Always Make Every Move:

1) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S. Thompson
2) The Curse of Lono - Special Edition - Hunter S. Thompson
3) The Sun Also Rises - Ernest Hemingway
4) All My Friends Are Going To Be Strangers - Larry McMurtry
5) One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest - Ken Kesey


5 things always on my desk:
1. A flat-screen monitor
2. Phone
3. Printer
4. Ipod - I like to listen to music while I write.
5. Assorted pens/pencils/highlighters and glue - I sometimes like to sniff glue while I write, but the results are less than stellar.

-BDS

13 comments

  1. Lucy Says:
  2. You were a journalist? With what publication? What was it like?

    LUCKY!!!

     
  3. Deepak Gopi Says:
  4. When are we going to join hands in the production of an interesting film just like your blog

     
  5. am I the only person who keeps a copulation kit (ie- change of underwear, soap, toothbrush, etc.) in their car?

     
  6. Are you going to break the news to her about what it's really like to be a journalist, or shall I?

     
  7. drëâmè® Says:
  8. AHHH *drools over Hunter S. Thompson stuff*

    Hmm I didn't know you were a journalist either... For how long? Did you not like it?

    Mahalo,
    Sahar.

     
  9. Samantha Says:
  10. The towel in the car, that cracks me up (I do that.) Towelie says "Don't forget to bring a towel."- South Park

     
  11. Miss Ash Says:
  12. Good stuff. I actually got a starbucks card as a gift and really enjoyed it. I've since spent all the money but it is still in my wallet. Perhaps i shall steal this for my next post :)

     
  13. Unknown Says:
  14. I always have those coffee cards in my purse too and lots of eggs,I love them!

     
  15. Luce - It's not a very glamorous or well-paying profession as I was the police/fire/court reporter for the Plano Star Courier (suburb of N. Dallas). My better gigs were free-lancing pieces for music profiles and movie reviews (which gave me free passes to the films before they were released) and feature articles for Austin Monthly including a restaraunt review, which allowed me to gorge on a 7-course meal with wine at fancy french establishment.

    Deepak - I hope very soon and you must have read my mind across the ocean because we just got some news on our script that I plan to blog about in the next week or so.

    Stiltwalker - That's a smart thing to keep in the car as I figured my towel would cover this need and I haven't worn underwear since the summer of '98.

    Wendy - That was the glossy version, and I never got too deep in the trenches. My hats off to you for making it as a freelancer all these years because it's a tough beat.

    Dr - I liked the writing aspect of it, but it ceases to be as fun when you're told what to write more often than not. That's why I prefer screenwriting or blogging or freelancing as everyone does their best writing when they are personally involved. Witness Dr. Thompson for example.

    Samantha - I'm glad I'm not the only one as it just seems like a good idea (though I almost didn't cop to it).

    Miss Ash - Steal away as this is just one of many lists I've seen and I think nearly all of them are pretty damn fun.

    Carmel - Coffee & Eggs describes nearly every morning of my life. Add a newspaper and a surly attitude and you've got the whole thing.

     
  16. journalism how VERY VERY cool!!!

     
  17. It's not that cool when you have to go to the police station every day and ask about heinous crimes or actually pay bills.

    It takes a lot of time and work and little pay to actually have it be a cool profession.

    But it can happen.

     
  18. Lucy Says:
  19. The restaurant review gig sounds pretty sweet. And you still have your press card (I would whip it out constantly if I had one), which you could always try to use on an unobservant person to get into places for free...If I recall correctly, Peggy Hill used hers in "King of the Hill" to get a free pedicure, so if you ever decide to go metro and get a pedi, keep it in mind..;-)

     
  20. It's exactly those type of reasons that I still keep it around - and I might get a pedicure one day because I HATE to cut my toenails.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com