Followers

Blog Archive

Quick Hit Friday . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Friday, August 18, 2006

It's Friday again, and here's a few thoughts on a day that's supposed to be 104 degrees in Austin.

Damn the heat, but I guess you could escape it for a few hours and go see "Snakes On A Plane."


Phenomenal title. Great marketing campaign. Bound to be a disappointing movie, but it does pose the question of just what would it take for Samuel L. Jackson to say "no" to a film offer?

In a bit of romance news, it seems that Kate Hudson is ending her marriage, and Owen "The Butterscotch Stallion" Wilson is to blame.


I always thought the dark, yetti-like appearance of Chris Robinson was an interesting mix for Hudson, but now those days appear to be over.

Wilson and Hudson look good together - too good - as they also look like they could be brother and sister which is just nasty.

Speaking of nastiness, Nicole Richie appeared this week to flaunt her skeletal curves while running on the beach.



I just lost my erection for at least a week.

And in other emasculating news, I recently saw this picture of Hugh Jackman dancing around.


I like Jackman as an actor, and he was especially cool with mutton-chops and claws as Wolvervine, however, no man can look cool while shaking maracas (sp?) back and forth.

Nobody.

Let's end with an image that helps counterbalance Nicole Richie as I don't know who this women is, but the combination of a black thong, a nice back and electronics provides a enough tonic for Richie that I might just gain back what once was lost.


Happy Friday.

-BDS

12 comments

  1. Nice Blog, although I have to disagree, I've been waiting for the next Jackson vs. Beast cage match since LL soundtracked Deep Blue Sea. If he's the only black person in the movie, count on him dying by the third danger scene. Commuter Flight + Asps + Middle Initialled Actors = Box Office Darling

     
  2. drëâmè® Says:
  3. oh my goodness... *gapes at Nicole Ritchie's skeletal body*

    Where is her father?!

     
  4. D Says:
  5. Nicole looks very, very, sick.That's really sad.

     
  6. locomocos Says:
  7. i *heard* that it was actually IN Jackson's contract that the film HAD to be titled "Snake on a Plane".

    ALMOST makes me want to see it....
    ALMOST.

    And what are you guys talking about? Ritchie is hawt! Don't you remember these pictures of her and her DJ boyfriend floating around the internet a while back?

     
  8. That's Hugh in costume as Peter Allen, Australian singer and yet another gay guy who was once married to Liza Minelli.

    The show was "The Boy From Oz," and Hugh got really good reviews, winning a Tony in 1994.

    As for looking cool in that photo, I know a lot of women who would let Hugh shake their maracas no matter what he was wearing.

     
  9. I mean 2004, not 1994. Sorry.

     
  10. Tbone - I shouldn't have forgot about "Deep Blue Sea" as his death scene in that movie was spectacular. Thanks for reminding me.

    Jackie - I'm going to see it today, and I have a feeling you might be right. I'm definitely hoping so.

    Julia - How tall do you need these guys as anyone over 6 ft 5 in. who doesn't play a sport is strange-looking in real life. And I thought you'd come around on Nicole even if it did involve a Napalm girl joke. Ha.

    Dr - I believe Lionel might still be 'dancing on the ceiling' but I have no confirmation on that.

    D - It's sad and sick and semi-ridiculous as she has more than enough money to get some professional help. Or at least stop appearing in bikinis in public.

    Cassie D - You should go take in Snake just to be sure, and that link was hilarious and probably semi-realistic.

    EC - My wife said the same thing about the thong woman, but it's all in the presentation I suppose as her butt looks great to me (pushed up or not).

    Wendy - I thought it was probably from that show, and although I like Hugh Jackman quite a bit, I still stand by my assesment. I'm sure a lot of women would stand by yours.

     
  11. Unknown Says:
  12. I love the way you describe things lol.
    Yeah I heard about Kate Hudson splitting with her hubby, it's sad really. I watched "You me and dupree" and loved it. Matt Dillon will always be my fave.

    Nicole Ritchie needs to eat some fried donuts.

     
  13. locomocos Says:
  14. okay. i saw it at the drive in with the Ricky Bobby movie.

    i almost fell asleep.

    i really really wanted to like Snakes on a Plane.

    But alas. Apart from the beginning when the couple get bid to death while sexing it up in the bathroom - i lost a lot of interest.

    fast.

    Samuel L. Jackson is pretty funny though. he really took that role to the extreme. he should win an oscar just for acting so well for such a piece of crap.

     
  15. Carmel - I've come to like Matt Dillon a lot too after his turns in the last few years. He was great in "Drugstore Cowboy" too.

    Cassie D - Snakes was very much what you expected it to be, and I've got a review to post soon about the experience.

     
  16. BostonPobble Says:
  17. It's official ~ I'm really, really heterosexual. All I can think about that last picture is that I really don't like her shoes...

     
  18. You must be because I didn't realize she was wearing shoes.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com