Followers

Blog Archive

Jessica, John, Mothers & Papa Joe . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Rumor has it that Jessica Simpson and John Mayer are currently making sweet (or overly-dramatic hooey depending on your point of view) music together.


It has also been reported that both singers have recently come down with a case of laryngitis, which makes one wonder if anything else has been transmitted back and forth but that is purely speculation.

I own Mayer's first album even though I haven't actually listened to it for more than a year.

He can be a semi-funny guy during interviews, however, I still can't entirely forgive him for writing, singing and performing that treachly, maudlin, and amazingly awful song "Mothers."

Although I do have a wonderful mother, I do not have any daughters that I know of running around and regardless I find the song to be grating and obvious.

Obviously others don't share my opinion because I believe it won a Grammy a few years ago, thus giving me another reason not to care about nor watch the Grammy Awards.

I am curious what pushed Mayer over-the-top in the Simpson bonanza, and I'm sure Zach Braff would really like to know as he supposedly did everything short of begging to woo Simpson over the summer.


It must be a personality or size thing because I just realized that Braff and Mayer share a decent physical likeness of one another.


Regardless, I put the over/under on this relationship to be about 6 months give or take a Joe Simpson intervention.

-BDS

15 comments

  1. JLee Says:
  2. aaaawww..I love that song "Mothers" or "Daughters" or whatever the heck it's called! I was walking with my daughter in an outdoor shopping center with that song playing through some speakers as we walked hand in hand and she looked at me and said "I like that song" It was a Kodak moment...

     
  3. I knew I would get called out for disliking it, but as I said, I am neither a mother nor have a daughter so I'm obviously not the target demographic for that one.

     
  4. Miss Ash Says:
  5. I'm more of an angry boy music fan, like NIN and such. I do however also enjoy that song. Actually i like just about anything other than country. *shudder*

     
  6. Melissa Says:
  7. Is it me or does Joe Simpson look like Gary Busey just out of rehab? I swear he's one Jack and Coke off a 3 day binge.

     
  8. Grace Says:
  9. I'm not a huge fan of that song either. Not for any particular reason, it just isn't my style. I do enjoy a few of his other songs though. Hehe, and that Jessica Simpson's a funny gal... that's all I have to say about her.

     
  10. they make a cute couple I guess : )

     
  11. That picture of Papa Joe and Jessica just keeps getting creepier and creepier.

     
  12. JLee Says:
  13. I always liked John Mayer after I saw him pull that prank of dressing in a dog costume and talking to fans outside his own concert. He was heckling himself and kept referring to himself as John "Meyers" It was hysterical!

     
  14. julia Says:
  15. i'm a daughter, i could've been a mother, and that song is *horrid.*

    i used to think zach braff was kind of neat but now i think he's a bit self-indulgent and his neurotic tendencies come off as contrived. too bad, i was ready to mother him some daughters.

     
  16. drëâmè® Says:
  17. Hey... I always thought the song was called Daughters...

    Either way.. Although that's not my favorite song of his I do think it's okay. Although I do admit it's slightly feminist for a man... which can be just a tad bit contradictory (But at the same time, it's not really feminist... AH I can't make up my mind) Anyways...

    At the same time... hey... I like Zack Braff!! He did an amazing job for Garden State! He directed, wrote, and starred in the thing man! You gotta give him some credit for that...

     
  18. BostonPobble Says:
  19. Pretty much, I find Simpson and Mayer's music (individually or *gasp* together) dreck. And have no real opinion one way or another about Zach Braff. Aren't you glad I shared all this?

     
  20. Miss Ash - NIN is a bit harder than Jessica and John put together.

    Melissa - Papa Joe does look like cleaned-up, but straining at the edges relation to Gary Busey. And he might even be crazier in his own way.

    Grace - Some of his songs are perfectly fine, although I consider them better background music than songs I actually listen to.

    Alex - They fit together in a not altogether unpleasant way.

    Sarcastic - I feel that way about practically any picture of Joe.

    JLee - I saw that too, and it was funny as hell. That's what I mean as I think the guy has a good sense of humor.

    Julia - You summed up my feelings about Braff perfectly.

    Dr - It is tough sometimes to decide where to come down on feminism. As for Braff, "Garden State" was pretty good and I'll give him props for it, but I'm starting to wonder if it might have gone to his head. We'll see.

    Bostonpobble - At least you covered all topics. That definitely counts for something in my book.

     
  21. Its a terrible mismatch if it is true.

    I love Zach Braff, him and Mandy Moore were a hot couple. But Jess?!? Probably a little to bimboish for Zach, even John.

    I used to love John Mayer.

    Then I got bitter. Haha!

    But I agree with you $2 - the "Daughters" song was a total wank.

    I'm probably the only female in the entire planet who would say that... but shit happens.

     
  22. I'm glad somebody else who's not a guy feels that way, but let's not forget that Mayer dated Jennifer Love Hewitt so Simpson is not too bimboish for his tastes.

     
  23. I can't either.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com