Followers

Blog Archive

Screw Being Anybody's Purse . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Sunday, August 27, 2006

I have nothing against Ashton Kutcher.

He was perfectly fine playing an air-headed himbo in "That 70s Show" and despite his frequently irritating between skit monologues on "Punk'd," the actual pranks were fairly entertaining (loved when Justin Timerlake almost broke down crying on the first season).

His movies have been mostly extensions of the same slacker-doofus-moron character that he cultivated during the '70s' as "Dude, Where's My Car?" "Just Married," "My Boss's Daughter" and others have ranged from passable to putrid.

Kutcher was recently on the cover of "Details" magazine under some title about being the world's best husband.


And after reading the piece, the headline might indeed be true if being hen-pecked, extremely accomodating and most importantly a good accesory are the criteria.

A large part of the relationship seems built around dressing as Kutcher has quickly realized how things work at the Moore house.

He's learned to ask "How do you feel in it {outfit}? This is the most important thing. Because is she feels good, you're going to have a good night. If she doesn't, you're not."

One his proudest accomplishments was the wet bar that was recently installed in their walk-in closet "where he often sits on the sofa getting an early-evening buzz on, with one eye on the game, while Demi gets dressed to go out."


It's not all drinking and watching TV, however, as Kutcher must also pay strict attention to the colors of the evening.

"I'll go, 'So you're wearing brown?" Kutcher says. "Then I know, I 've got to either go for a brown or khaki suit. you could go navy, too. If she's wearing black, you just wear black. Matching is not her job. It's yours. you're the purse."

I think it's possible to be attentive and affectionate towards your wife without also putting your balls into her purse, but to each his own.

Somehow I just don't see Bruce Willis playing this same role when he was married to Moore as he would dress as individually as his personality.



Obviously, Bruce and Demi didn't make it, and there is a price to pay for individuality as this outfit is atrocious.

Despite all that, I came away feeling somewhat sorry for Kutcher because even if he loves his current situation, sometimes a man just needs to wear what he feels is necessary - even if that turns out to be a suit made out of stop-light red material.

-BDS

8 comments

  1. Dreamlover Says:
  2. Yeah, i'm first!! '-)

    BTW, I love Edward Norton and Astom Kutcher is a pansy.

    I mean let's see what he will be saying in 5 years, haha

     
  3. Miss Ash Says:
  4. Wow!! That's a little too accomodating for my liking. He should wear whatever the heck he wants.

    I used to date this guy years ago that loved Thrift stores and such. We would go out, he would be wearing someones old 7-11 employee shirt and non matching cords, I would be in my black dress pants and suit jacket. We must have looked ridiculous together.

     
  5. Whoa do I hear you. Don't like ANYONE accommodating ANYONE ELSE that much, male or female...but hey it's not my marriage...

     
  6. Grace Says:
  7. I don't know why, but Ashton's situation seems so wrong to me. Why can't he wear whatever he feels like? Does Demi actually think that anybody will give a damn if her and her beau aren't matching? It's just ridiculous if you ask me.

     
  8. Melissa Says:
  9. Oh like anyone thought Ashton was the one in charge in that relationship.

    I remember Bruce Willis from his musical days as Bruno Radollini and Moonlighting (his best role ever).

     
  10. The thing is, celebrities ARE held to a higher standard. So, if he did dress like a bum while she looked gorgeous, it WOULD be noticed. And, in their case, it'd look as if he were out with his mommy, not his wife.

    We all give our husbands suggestions about what to wear. What makes Ashton sound like a wuss is that he talks about it publicly.

    It took me years to get my hub to get rid of his "Members Only" jacket. But what do I know? I shop at thrift stores.

     
  11. Maybe Bruce should have tried a little harder to match. That could have been the problem in their marriage.

    I do have to say Ashton is probably smart to ask how someone is feeling in their since he is now living a estrogen heavy home.

     
  12. Dreamlover - It feel good to start things off, and I agree as Norton has already notched more great performances than Kutcher will ever give for the rest of his life.

    Miss Ash - There's a definite give and take when going out together, and I just think Ashton has swung far too heavily to the other side.

    Nancy Drew - Whatever works, eh?

    Grace - It's defintely ridiculous, but in Hollywood, it might be one of the more normal marraiges.

    Melissa - There was never any pretending who wore the pants, and Willis was excellent on Moonlighting, but he surpassed that with his Die Hard character John McClane.

    Wendy - If you would have let your husband keep the Member's Only jacket it would have become retro and cool again. And I agree with your Hollywood assesment of the situation.

    Sarcastic - He is surrounded by a lot of women, so maybe he knows things that I don't.

    Planeswalker - You might be out of luck as he seems to prefer someone about 15 years his senior.

    JLee - I think Demi might have already stolen your thunder - but there's always the need for a bit more discipline.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com