Followers

Blog Archive

Never Seen That Before . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Thursday, August 02, 2007

"I've never seen that before," said the voice on the other end of the phone yesterday.

You never want to hear that phrase coming from your Doctor or your financial advisor, however, it can be used to great effect in the bedroom under certain circumstances.

But it was an employee of NTB who said that, and he was placed firmly in the disturbing phrase category as he had called to inform me that a steel rod had not only punctured my tire, but also went straight through my rim which necessitated ordering an entirely new one.


So, after blowing out my tire at 6:30 a.m. and spending the day stranded at work while NTB hunted down my equipment, I got to cap it off by buying 4 new tires and 1 new wheel to the tune of $1,000.

I was due for tires anyway, but it still wasn't much fun shelling out the money. Buying tires ranks right up there with purchasing other exciting items like washers and dryers, household cleaning supplies and bootleg copies of Rosie O'Donnell's honeymoon (don't ask).


Luckily, I now have my car back, which I plan to drive straight to happy hour later tonight to meet my brother and I already told him that he's buying the first pitcher. Selah.

-BDS

12 comments

  1. Heff Says:
  2. I smell another Viking post in the near future....

     
  3. JLee Says:
  4. wow, and here I was bitching about spending $200 on 2 new tires last week. I feel better now, thanks ;)
    Enjoy that pitcher...you need it.

     
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. How does a steel rod shoot across the street to puncture a tire?
    Sounds like sabotage to me...

     
  7. Tiara Girl - You might be right as the Viking emits a powerful aroma too. Ha.

    Jlee - Tires suck all the way around in my book whether it's 2 or 4 or any number. I plan to enjoy the pitcher (but it's a damn expensive one if you consider the reasoning behind it.)

    WhatIgot - That's what I'm saying. It was early, I was drinking coffee and half-asleep and so it's very possible that someone set me up. But what was the end game for them? Questions.

     
  8. Jenny Says:
  9. Tiara Girl stole my comment... either there will be NO post tomorrow or a Drunken Viking.

    Either way, you've earned that pitcher AND a few shots.

     
  10. nobich Says:
  11. Have fun with your brother, he should guest post once in a while he had a nice writing style. Try not to get arrested.

     
  12. vivavavoom Says:
  13. I think Rosie did it. She wants her honeymoon tape back. go have a pint tonight, but get a cab!

     
  14. Anonymous Boxer - I think so to, and it typically takes an average of 2 Viking nights for enough post material, but you never know.

    Nobich - I'll pitch that idea to him and also berate him about being a sloth to see about making it happen.

    Vivavavoom - I'll have to check into Rosie's travel schedule to see if she was in the area. It's all starting to make sense now.

     
  15. Miss Ash Says:
  16. Ummm does your car really have stickers and flames on it???? Not judging...just asking....well maybe i'm judging just a little :P

     
  17. Alas, I don't have a red car nor flames on it. Besides, I emit my own flames. Ha. It's good of you not to judge.

     
  18. Sherry Says:
  19. Since no one else asked, I AM going to...
    The honeymoon tape was a result of sheer drunken morbid curiosity, right???
    ;-p

     
  20. Of course I was drinking . . . heavily. At least that's my story (and the tape doesn't exist by the way).

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com