Followers

Blog Archive

The Greatest Sex Around Part 8 . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Tuesday, August 28, 2007

{This is the eighth in a semi-regular series of posts regarding great cinematic sex scenes as defined by me. This is completely arbitrary and open for interpretation, but so is life.}

"2 Days in the Valley" was released more than 10 years ago, and featured an ensemble cast that counted James Spader, Charlize Theron, Teri Hatcher, Jeff Daniels, Eric Stoltz, and Danny Aiello among the participants.


The project was a black comedy that took notes from "Pulp Fiction," but the results didn't add up to a great movie, merely a decent one that is worth a look if you have 90 minutes to kill on a Sunday afternoon. Even if you don't want to invest in the entire film, however, "2 Days in the Valley" is worth renting to watch the killer sex scene between Spader and Theron, who has never looked better in a film than she does here.


Fresh from the shower, Theron sports a white teddy and an attitude that I thoroughly enjoyed as she argues with and then mounts Spader on the bed. Theron looks amazing . So amazing in fact that Spader is forced to jump from the bed and jam a handful of ice down his shorts lest he end the scene prematurely.

Viewers are rewarded by Spader's foresight as he returns to the bed, and then the action really takes off with Theron straddling him before he rips open her teddy to reveal an award-winning pair of breasts.

The slap and tickle session continues briefly following Spader's lingerie tearing, but unfortunately not long enough for my tastes. But regardless, the Spader/Theron tryst featured enough hotness to qualify as an all-time great, and also makes me bemoan the fact that Theron got famous enough to where she rarely does nudity anymore.

Selah.

-BDS {http://www.pefs.us/viewvideo.php?id=_w5YqEqPDdc} - Link to clip of the scene

10 comments

  1. Jenny Says:
  2. Young Spader.... ahhhhhhhhh.

    I don't know of this movie, but I'm going to tell Tivo about it tonight.

    (I love tivo, it's the only person in my life who REALLY listens to me.)

     
  3. I like Spader just fine, but not in that way. Ha. As for TIVO, it's simply one of the greatest inventions of the past 25 years. Easily.

     
  4. Anonymous Says:
  5. Anonymous Boxer - yeah Tivo's great, but it is to TV what hookers are to sex. Yeah they listen and do what they're told, but you gotta pay for that privelage.

    The problem with this sex scene is that I don't want to be James Spader. To me all good sex scenes have to make me want to be that guy getting laid. And Theron is hot, but not hot enough to make me want to be James Spader.

     
  6. Miss Ash Says:
  7. Hmm i'll add it to my dirty collection to watch when the toy comes out LOL.

     
  8. Hermes Says:
  9. What is it with Spader and sex scenes? White Castle, Sex Lies and Videotape, Crash... anything with sex - not necessarily love - scenes, and he seems to be there. I've read that that the scenes are actually uncomfortable things to shoot so what attracts Spader to such movies... or why do such movies seek him out?

     
  10. WhatIgot - I'm not sure I agree with wanting to be that person because all you need to want to be is that person for the 30 second, 5 minutes, etc. that the scene is taking place. In general, I like James Spader's work OK, so if it got me with Theron, then it would be worth the trade.

    Miss Ash - I'd let you borrow my copy (picked it up a few weeks ago for $3.99 at a used DVD place), but I"m not sure I could part with it. Ha.

    Getoffmylawn - You're right about Spader, and I would add "Secretary" to your list (it's also a really good movie). I've also heard actor's claim difficulty with those scenes, but I guarantee you it beats sitting in a cube or laying bricks all day.

     
  11. Hermes Says:
  12. Oops, I knew that wasn't right. Not White Castle, but White Palace with James Spader ans Susan Sarandon. Sorry.

     
  13. vivavavoom Says:
  14. young James Spader was yummy!!! loved the one with him and susan saranson...forgot the name (white palace?) and just the thought of him in'sexs, lies and videotape'.....got to go get some ice.

     
  15. vivavavoom Says:
  16. oops I meant sarandon. and that Secretary movie was hot!but seeing him now on that Boston Legal show...ewwww....looks like he is molding himself after Shatner physically...not a good thing.

     
  17. Getoffmylawn - I knew what you meant as White Castle is about small hamburgers and White Palace is the movie. Good call.

    Vivavavoom - I know what you mean about Spader now as he's got that fleshy look about him. But Secretary was hot & Sex, Lies and Videotape was also excellent.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com