Followers

Blog Archive

Lost & Found & Drifting Away . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Friday, December 29, 2006

Well it's snowing like crazy in Taos, and I've only got a few minutes left on my Internet time allotment at the local library, so things will be brief as I've been getting stern looks from the librarians every time I even access something that looks vaguely questionable (another nail in the coffin of my previous librarian fantasy).


Luckily, the luggage finally arrived and I now have some new clothes to wear and solution for my contacts. I'm still waiting for an apology from American, but I'm not holding my breath.

Despite my reversal of luck, however, I found myself drifting away last night while having drinks at a local bar.

I tend to boast an extremely low tolerance for social obligations that require loads of small talk. These kind of scenarios usually cause me to play a little game with myself titled: What Would I Rather Be Doing

The key is to sip your drink, look intently yet mysteriously at the person leading the conversation and then imagine a list of better alternatives to your present situation.

Last night I came up with places I would rather be that included:

A) Drinking at the same bar alone
B) Cleaning the underside of a walrus


C)Reading a book somewhere on the beach


D)Getting lap dances from Rosie O'Donnell

This was merely a short list, but I would recommend trying this same type of thing the next time you're fed up in a social situation that isn't working for you.

It's not a complete cure, but it beats talking about your job or the weather for hours on end.

-BDS

7 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. hahaha...can I play that game when I'm at work and on the air for hours with overkill weather coverage?? Please say "yes".

     
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. hah! That's hilarious. I think I'll be using your tactic from now on. :)

     
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. Man, what a boring conversation that must have been for you to want a lap dance from Ro' instead.

    Have a Happy New Year!
    Try not to get too drunk,
    or hire a DD for the night if you do.

     
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. Happy New Year!! Make it home safe.

     
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. Happy New Year!!

    When caught in a boring conversation i generally stare, and try to look unamused hoping they will get the hint. Your game sounds much more fun.

    Miss Ash (i've switched to beta and i have no idea what i'm doing and this will not let me sign a comment)

     
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. If the group is large enough I just move to the other end of the table. Seems to work well enough. My new picture is one of my favorite drinks - Happy New Year!

     
  13. Jlee - I say yes, and you'll thank me soon enough.

    Dr - Thanks and it works for many a situation.

    Sherry - That shows you the depths of the conversations I was in that night. Happy New Year to you.

    Jlee - Happy New Year & I'm back from the snow now.

    Miss Ash - I think women can look unamused and distant easier than guys can as that is a universal sign (for most guys) to leave you the hell alone. Happy New Year.

    Sarcastic - Hope you had a good New Year with a few of your drinks then, and I like your tactic as well.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com