Followers

Blog Archive

It Never Got Weird Enough For Me . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Monday, December 18, 2006

"It never got weird enough for me," - Hunter S. Thompson

So I got tagged to list 6 weird things about myself, and since my mind was running on empty this weekend, it seemed like a good enough idea for a post.

Weird is an extremely relative term. We all have own own peculiar habits, and it is both the quantity and the sheer brute strength of our own personal strangeness which provides the ultimate test in just how long others can hang around us without going crazy themselves.

Anyway, here's my list:

1) I hate cutting my toenails, and had my Mom cut them until I was nearly 17-years-old when she finally rebelled and forced me to take the reigns. This doesn't mean that I won't cut my toenails or that I let them get long, gnarly and dangerous, however, I still loathe this entire process.


2) For a brief period in early high school, I decided that I wanted to be like Steven Seagal. This was around the time of his "Hard to Kill," "Marked For Death," and "Under Siege" fame. Luckily, my hair would not cooperate in growing into a pony-tail thus averting what would have been some truly horrible pictures. Small favors.


3) I have an obsessive thing with the number 3 and all it's deriviatives. I can't remember exactly why I think this number holds power, but that doesn't stop me from stopping sets in the gym at 9 or 15 reps or pumping gas into my car and then turning off the register at something like $21.33. A bit strange.


4) During my junior year of college I got in the habit of waking up by fixing a big bowl of cereal and then eating it in the bathtub. I was taking a bath at the same time (not merely sitting in an empty bathtub eating cereal) and I did this for many months before ultimately giving it up for hygiene issues as the time management aspect just couldn't overcome the fact that I was eating inside a bathtub and then sitting my empty bowl on the toilet seat.


5) I skipped my Homecoming Day at High School to catch the first showing on the first day that "Pulp Fiction" was released. I later went to the game/dance/etc. but this was at the beginning of my Tarantino craze and the theater that I saw it at featured one old guy by himself who seemed to really enjoy The Gimp scene a little too much.


6) I started shaving my legs for a few fitness photo shoots last year after the casting director suggested it. It's been nearly a year since the last one, but I'm still shaving the bastards smooth for reasons I can't entirely explain.



-BDS

13 comments

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. 6 weird comments for 6 weird things
    1) make a game of it, see how far you can fire them from your toe upon cutting, see which toe wins, you'll be pleasently surprised.
    2) Did you know Steven Seagal is currently touring as a lounge singer.
    3) so, 3 nipples, eh?
    4) "stays crunchy, even in soap!"
    5) Did you do that Travolta watutze(sp?) dance at the dance?
    6) Yeah, you're weird.

     
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. Hmmm...ok, yeah, you're weird. ;)

    Easy solution on the toenails. Get a pedicure! You could be so "metro" and they do such a nice job.
    No comment on Steven Segal since I actually used to think he was hot. USED to! Also no comment on the 3 thing, since I do that with the number 5 to an extent. Three is figurative in the Bible for emphasis. Maybe you're an emphatic person? The rest of the stuff is not too weird. I think the leg shaving is because the growing out is such a bitch. ew stubble!

     
  5. Miss Ash Says:
  6. Having your mother cut your toenails until you were 17 is a bit bizzare. Perhaps in a past life you died from a toenail wound and thus in this life do not want to touch them :P

    I agree with Jlee, a pedicure is a wonderful thing.

     
  7. I have to agree and say you should just go for the pedicures. It is alot nicer than doing your toenails yourself.
    I like the number 8. Though it doesn't lend itself easily to reps at the gym.

     
  8. nobich Says:
  9. Don't worry everyone's a little weird- although 17 huh-yikes!

     
  10. WhatIgot - I did know that Seagal had this music career & I don't think I could rival the Travolta dance at all. And I probably wouldn't try without a lot of drinking and probably not even then.

    Jlee - I've thought about the pedicure, and one of these times it's going to happen. I like 5 fairly well too - but it's nowhere near as good as 3. Ha.

    Miss Ash - Now that is something I never considered with the past life toenail scare. It's all falling into place now.

    Sarcastic - 8 is a good one as I think of it as meaning infiniti as well. But you're right as I don't like the gym aspect as 16, 24, etc. just doesn't do it for me.

    Nobich - Unfortunately the last few years were only sparingly performed as I didn't like cutting them any better, however, my requests were being denied.

     
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. OK, how's this for weird: I've been married nearly 22 years and am always thrilled when my gorgeous husband walks in the door.

    I told my kids to tell their friends I'm not their real mother, but the hot young stepmom. Better that they pretend to come from a normal family.

     
  13. Anonymous Says:
  14. hmm...weird things...
    1. i like using a fake accent in public
    2. cassocks turn me on
    3. I make friends refer to me as 'Laura' when I go out
    4. i think Rutger Hauer is still sexy
    5. Marshmallow Fluff is still good with peanut butter sandwiches
    6. I like the smell of mothballs.

    not as fun as yours - but what a fun mini quiz! good call!

     
  15. Wendy - That is weird in about the best possible way I can think of right now. Hope things stay strange in your household.

    LocoMocos - Thanks for coming up with some weirdness on the fly. Of the group, I would have to say the part about cassocks and especially Rutger Hauer were particularly strange to me. But that's what keeps things interesting, eh?

    Julia - I'm glad you pointed out the pot/kettle connection as I like that expression. And I'll have you know that I've gotten a hell of a lot of female (i.e. not male) compliments on them, which can't hurt matters.

     
  16. Anonymous Says:
  17. Your dream girl will only cut your toe nails in your dreams.. sorry sweetie- i can only be so perfect. and yes, sometimes i make the bed (although you are better at it) and do the laundry- because I am better at it.

     
  18. Slopmaster - Those are good qualities as well as I absolutely hate changing my sheets. But like the toenails thing, I still do it.

    Anonymous - It's always a give and take I suppose, although I am extremely good at most things. Ha.

     
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. yeah, I was going to tell Slopmaster ...it's pretty much a given that all married women do the laundry and make the bed. Men that are able to build computers out of sticks and rocks for some odd reason don't know what temperature whites are washed in.

     
  21. It's hard to know everything - I try - but sometimes certain things slip by me such as laundry.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com