Followers

Blog Archive

And The Creators Rested . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Sunday, December 10, 2006

"On the Sunday morning sidewalk,
Wishing Lord that I was stoned
Cause there's something in a Sunday
That makes a body feel alone," - Kris Kristofferson - "Sunday Morning Coming Down"


Sundays have never agreed with us.

There's something about that day that usually finds us feeling worn-down, hung-over, downtrodden & disillusioned with a strong case of the blues.

Kristofferson knew what he was talking about in that song as Sundays are about as useful as pennies or the career of Joe Rogan.

To ward off these kinds of feelings, here's some images that seem vaguely uplifting or at least a few items to remind us of something better than paying bills or nursing hangovers.




So watch football, go to church, do laundry, read a book or whatever you choose to do on Sundays because 2 Dollar Productions needs a break to re-charge the creative engines and hit the ground running on Monday.

And with that in mind, check back tomorrow for some actual content which will stay away from self-indulgent whining.

Damn you Sunday.

-BDS & JWS

10 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Yep, that's about it.

     
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. i swear you wrote this exact same post last sunday, with different pictures... but i'm too lazy to scroll down and see.

    it must be sunday.

     
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. i swear you wrote this exact same post last sunday, with different pictures... but i'm too lazy to scroll down and see.

    it must be sunday.

     
  7. Wit & Humor - We couldn't have said it any better, and that's why we choose that pics.

    Bostonpobble - About all she wrote . . .

    Julia - You would swear correctly, and that's pretty nifty posting your comment twice as well (we can certainly appreciate that point. ha).

    This post will be up nearly every Sunday with differnt pictures unless something very strange happens, which it might. I refuse to rule anything out.

    Jenni222 - True. But there are different pictures as this will likely be the case for awhile. We all need a little rest, eh?

     
  8. Miss Ash Says:
  9. I have no idea why but this reminded me of Morrissey's song "Everyday is like Sunday...everyday is silent and gray."

    I just got in from a weekend away...i want to sleep but i have volleyball.....boo.

     
  10. Anonymous Says:
  11. I really sucks when you've been driving in the rain and cold for hours and your car starts making a very strange noise AND you have to go to work :( waaaah!

    Miss Ash got that song in my head "Everyday is like Sundayyy...." I happen to like it though, which is good.

     
  12. Anonymous Says:
  13. Why do you speak of yourself in plurals (a.k.a. us)? Do you have an evil twin?

     
  14. Miss Ash - I was going to play some touch football today, but the weather rained me out. Weather never stops Volleyball, so I feel your pain, but at least you've got a decent song in your head.

    Jlee - That is not good at all, and I hope the noise is nothing at all as my car is still in the shop. Hum the song to yourself at work and try not to snap at anyone which I am wont to do on Sundays.

    Robert - Sorry for the confusion, but my brother also posts here as well. Sometimes we colloborate and post together (when signed -BDS & -JWS) and other times we stand on our own accord (with only one closing signature). I'll keep an eye out for evil twins, however, because you can't turn your back for a second with those bastards.

     
  15. Anonymous Says:
  16. I forgot to say I like the pictures...especially the first one. It reminds me of hell. I've been there and back you know.

     
  17. I actually took that picture (lying). And I thought that Meatloaf went to Hell and back (or maybe that was bat out of hell). I get confused sometimes.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com