Followers

Blog Archive

Why The Hell Not . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Friday, July 21, 2006

Although my motivation is lacking, I've decided to give this NYC modeling gig one more shot.

My nutritionist recently held a long discussion with the modeling agent and the topic was my body. Specifically, it was about the exact dimensions that my body needs to attain to earn a free trip to New York and an introduction into print ads, magazine covers and commercials.

And although it wasn't mentioned I would hope that it also means a free pass to parties and scenes from Roman times complete with ample food and drink and drugs and orgies - minus the vomitorioums.


"It won't be easy or any fun at all," my nutritionist warned me, and he is currently devising a hellacious 8 - 12 week program that will be absent of many things that makes life worth living.

That means no booze, sugar, refined grains, milk, dope, starches, and fat. On the plus side, there will be plenty of egg whites and protein powder.

The plan is to start the program in mid-August when I can focus my energies on this project with the idea being to peak in October.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my freedom of food choices and plan to consume a lot of barbecue and Tex-Mex and Shiner Boch beer.

I also plan to start working on my model expression of "I don't care about any aspect of your existence and wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" look. It should look something like this:

It's far from perfect, but it's a start as this one was taken by my brother while we were attending my best friend's wedding in Ireland.

But that's neither here nor there, and I think there's an ice-cold Dos Equis in the freezer calling my name.

The plain oatmeal and chicken breasts will have to wait for now.

-BDS

14 comments

  1. That is a lot to give up. Does your wife follow your diet as well?

     
  2. Miss Ash Says:
  3. I think you should post your diet, and ask your nutritionist for a veggie friendly diet then pass it onto my chubby ass ;)

    I have that look down pat, i love it.

     
  4. Grace Says:
  5. Omg, talk about a tough diet. You must have incredible motivation... I try to change little tiny things here and there when I feel the need to get healthier. Nothing as drastic as all that stuff you listed. Goodest of luck to you!

     
  6. SymplyAmused Says:
  7. You are a far braver soul than I. Good luck!

     
  8. BostonPobble Says:
  9. Egg whites and protein powder...Yummy. Really. It'll be a good time. Wish I was you. Yeah. Um....

     
  10. oronde ash Says:
  11. i have played sports all my life and accept my duty. i needed a strong and able body to help pay for college. can't imagine walking 'round life unhealthy. i'm not the machine i once was, but these days i see how the little aches add up when the body is not taken care of. it's the only one you got. trite but true. don't bend to body worship, but take care of yourself... btw, i'm in nyc for the next 4 days. is there anything you need?

     
  12. Sarcastic - She always follows a strict diet that I consider to be very little fun (tofu,lots of veggies), but I like to mix it up.

    Miss Ash - I'll post the diet when I get it in August, and that look is one that everyone needs for at least a few occassions.

    Jenni222 - It's hard to stay focused with cold Dos Equis & now mine are gone.

    Grace - Thanks for the good wishes & it's definitely a discpline to stick to such a program so we'll see if I'm up for it or not.

    Amused - I'll take all the good wishes I can get & brave means stupid a lot of the time.

    Boston - This reverse psychology won't work on me. I know it's going to suck.

    bygpowis - I can appreciate the time it takes to keep your body in good shape & it's a fine line between working hard and self-obsession. As for NYC just tell them I'm coming for them this fall. A little confidence never hurt anyone.

     
  13. drëâmè® Says:
  14. Hrm... I think the look IS the perfect I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire look. Nice job. & good luck with the diet.

    Speaking of getting fit.. I need to get back to my daily running. Stupid Calculus pushed me off track! Grr.

    Oh & I have a new crazy goal to get into Schulich. Ah. I will truly need all the luck in the world.

    xxx
    Sahar.

     
  15. drëâmè® Says:
  16. oh. Hrm I added your link to my blog. Hope you don't mind.

    Because you know,
    I'm that cool.

     
  17. ILLstate Says:
  18. good look

     
  19. DR - Glad the look is off to a decent start, and thanks for the blog link as we like to think we've got a certain coolness factor at 2 Dollar Productions that could rival the polar ice caps if they weren't being melted by global warming. But I wouldn't let calculous get in the way of running as no calc problem ever did anything but teach people to screw up my bank statements.

    Illstate - All good luck is accepted and appreciated around these parts.

     
  20. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sharp intake of breath.............enough to make me go anorexic again...........

     
  21. Unknown Says:
  22. All the best with that diet! SOme diets seem bad but can be great once your body gets used to them.
    Great model expression you got going there too!

     
  23. Nancy - I always said I could be anorexic way before bulemic (sp?) because I hate throwing up too much for the latter.

    Carmel - You're right as it's not so bad after your body gets over the initial shock, but there are still times that you really want a few beers or something that actually tastes like food.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com