Followers

Blog Archive

Excuse Me While I Kiss The Skyy . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Thursday, July 27, 2006

I thought that I'd posted enough disgusting images this week that I felt compelled to regain my karmic balance by posting something hot.





I've had a firm appreciation for Skyy Vodka ads for years as I think nearly all of them have been first-class advertising.

They almost always feature a prominent shot of the vodka and two good-looking people who either just got it on, are about to get it on or just really want to get it on.

And I like the consistency of the message - people who drink Skyy vodka love to screw and drink vodka and maybe not in that order.

I would also like to point out that not all racy images get to me because some are just in poor taste and have the opposite effect.

For some reason, however, Skyy Vodka has me figured out and I can still recall one night several years ago when I ordered a vodka tonic at a club and the bartender then asked me what type of vodka I wanted in my drink.

I was stunned for a second (still in the early 20s) and images of Vodka's past flashed through my head:

1) McCormicks - I used to drink this horrible crap in high school and early college because it was cheap and got the job done.

2) Absolute - Started switching over sometime in college.

3) Grey Goose - Good stuff, but I feathered the goose much too hard one night and have had a difficult time drinking it since then.

In desperation my mind finally seized upon a half-naked woman by a pool with a Skyy Vodka and a willing pool boy nearby.

So, I went with Skyy Vodka for the drink.

Who says advertising doesn't work?

-BDS

8 comments

  1. D Says:
  2. While this is a good vodka.. Try Kettle One
    ( It's my Favorite !!! )

     
  3. BostonPobble Says:
  4. LOVE the Skyy ads. I'm a Belvedere or Grey Goose girl myself ~ but I LOVE the Skyy ads.

     
  5. drëâmè® Says:
  6. Hrm. Hadn't seen these ads until now. Funny how you can see completely down the dress of that woman haha. It's almost like a telescope! Okay weird analogy...

     
  7. Miss Ash Says:
  8. I've also never really noticed these ads before now. But i bet everytime i see one from now on i will think 'hmmm sexy' and i'll want some booze and or sex :P

     
  9. Grace Says:
  10. I agree, their ads are really nice and eye-catching. I'm feeling a little parched now... drink time! :D

     
  11. Lucy Says:
  12. So how's the script coming? Maybe you can test it out on your blog audience in weekly increments...:-)

     
  13. I'm not really sure what type of Vodka we've been drinking lately, but whatever it is it seems to do the trick - especially in my favoriet Cosmopolitans.

     
  14. D - I've had Kettle One and you're right because it's pretty damn tasty too.

    Bostonpobble - I don't know how you can't love those ads even if you don't drink the drink.

    Dr - Funny how cleavage is a product booster, eh?

    Miss Ash - I don't see how you can't think about boozing and sex when you see these ads, and it soon becomes a pavlov response when you see one. Trust me.

    Grace - Those ads are worth their weight in gold as they just accomplished their goal - to make you drink.

    Luce - The first script is mostly done, and the second one is in a full-scale rewrite. We're waiting to get a critique back in the next few weeks, and maybe then some posting.

    Sarcastic - Whatever works I always say & most any kind will work in a Cosmo. At least I'll take your word for it because I've never nor intend to ever drink such a drink as it would forever shrink my masculinity.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com