Followers

Blog Archive

Thoughts On "Miami Vice" . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Monday, July 31, 2006

1) This movie makes you want to be filthy, stinking rich. I don't mean well-off or upper middle-class.

I mean flat-out, wipe my ass with $100 bills rich. Everyone in this movie has boats, cars, houses, jets & clothing that makes you feel really bad about your current situation after leaving the theater. The fact that these same people with the mega-money are all drug dealers, pimps and scumbags with extremely short life spans is only a minor deterrent. Details.

{This is a car that is driven by Farrel in the film}

2) There is very little actual dialogue in this movie, which is about style, visuals, music and bullets. This combination is a feast for the eyes and actual talking can take a back seat when the music and the scenery are this cool.



3) I like movies that aren't afraid to be rated R. Screw going for the biggest possible demographic with a PG-13 rating - this movie needed to be and is a full-on R due to violence and sex.

4) Colin Farrel's fu manchu in the movie is awesome. Facial hair is a tricky thing, but whoever let him go with this look was a smart individual because it gave him some added weight or gravitas or something that benefitted the entire movie.

5) That being said, I hate when actors decide that they need to talk tough by growling every line they utter. Farrel falls into this trap as his dialogue all sounds like he's gargling glass, which is a poor substitute for actual line readings.

"Miami Vice" was much better than I anticipated despite a rather pedestrian undercover police plot.

The plot is secondary to the visuals and it provided a great escape where all situations were intense and fraught with danger. This scenery combined with the exotic locales, good-looking cast and erection-inducing transportation culiminates in an entertaining film that is worth at least a matinee price.

Now I just need to work on getting more money immediately and I think the local 7-11 has a lottery ticket with my name on it.

-BDS

6 comments

  1. drëâmè® Says:
  2. oOoh hrm interesting. Action isn't my cup of tea, but I noticed... Did Farrell wax his unibrow for this movie? It looks like it...

    Mahalo,
    Sahar.

     
  3. Miss Ash Says:
  4. I have no interest in seeing this movie at all though i did enjoy the tv show when i was younger.

    Is it a super manly movie? If so then i may go and see it to find a manly man for my dating challenge LOL.

     
  5. Grace Says:
  6. OMG, that a one beautiful looking car! Details please!!!

     
  7. "erection-inducing transportation"

    LMAO

     
  8. I always want to be filty stinkin rich!!! I don't need to watch a cheesy action movie to make me feel that way.... but I do love cheesey action flicks... so I win!

     
  9. Informant - Glad you're back in blog game, but I think the movie is doing fine at the box office as it knocked Pirates off its #1 perch. It remains to be seen if it will make back its costs,however, as I think it was over $100 million to shoot.

    Dr - That might be the only thing he waxed, but like I said, that fu manch is awesome and if I could grow one - I would.

    Miss Ash - There's a surplus of testosterone so find yourself a hairy-backed alpha male and enjoy yourself.

    Grace - It's a Ferrari, and when they drive it in the movie it shoots blue flames out of the rear exhaust pipes. I'm horny again.

    Stiltwalker - See above comment.

    Bostonpobble - This thought pops up now and again for me, but this movie really drove it home.

    Friday - You are a double winner in this contest, and you should go see the movie immediately for some wish fulfillment.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com