Followers

Blog Archive

Drinking, Drugging & Wakeboarding . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Friday, July 14, 2006

Strange thoughts start running through your head when you realize that it's early Thursday afternoon and you're half-stoned and partially drunk and being driven around Lake Austin by the highest boss that you report to in your company.

This is a dodgy proposition under the best of circumstances, and then "Paradaise City" comes on the radio and thanks to your slightly altered state everything is OK again.



For at least a little while.

I found myself in this very situation today as I was one of four employees who were spending the day "bonding" and "planning strategy" on the boat.

As far as I can recall no real iniatitives came from the afternoon, but I can attest that there was a lot of Negro Modelo and Heineken consumed and then things got even stranger with a little dope.

There's nothing quite like being more than a little strung out on sun, surf and other intoxicants before deciding that it would be a good time to wakeboard (sp?) for the first time.


{Editor's Note: This is NOT me in the picture}

I wouldn't recommend it for anyone considering the option, but I did manage to get up and ride the waves several times before swallowing a lot of water and ultimately wiping out.

But what I had on my mind wasn't wakeboarding - it was music as the radio station that we had cranked in the boat played a random selection of tracks that I thought were absolutely essential for the situation.

In addition to Guns N Roses, I also heard:

1) "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith
2) "Blister in the Sun" by Violent Femmes
3) "Slow Ride" by Foghat (?)

There were others, but due to my state I've since forgotten them.

But I would like to hear from anyone else just which 3 songs would you consider to be 100 percent perfect for a day cruising around the lake with one of your bosses in tow and a bunch of bad stuff running through your body and mind.

Music might not solve this situation, but it damn sure made it a lot more bearable.

-BDS

11 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Pour some sugar on me (D. leopard), Jump (Van Halen), We're not gonna take it & Come on Feel the Noise (Twisted Sister).
    Good luck with your move :)

     
  3. Miss Ash Says:
  4. Living on a Prayer(Bon Jovi), The Twister sister song above and Shout at the Devil (Motley Crue)

     
  5. "Sheena is a Punk Rocker" (Ramones), "Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked in Tonight" (The Rezillos), "Pablo Picasso" (The Modern Lovers).

    It's good to be self-employed.

     
  6. Anonymous Says:
  7. I bet you looked awfully sexy on your wakeboard. Im sure next time will be easier.

     
  8. What a day you had! The three songs that I think would make the day would be Jukebox Hero by Foreigner, Animal by Def Leopard, and Rock the Cradle of Love by Billy Idol. I'd have to add one more - Rock You Like a Hurricane by the Scorpions. I play XM radio in my office and I usually have the Big Tracks on. My boss has heard several of these songs when she comes in to talk to me. I think she realizes there is a whole other side to me she didn't suspect. On the plus side, my students think I'm cool.

     
  9. Grace Says:
  10. Dope with your boss? Some people have all the luck...

     
  11. Anonymous - Those three bands were some of my favorites & I would take any of those songs too.

    Miss Ash - I like addition of Motley Crue and Bon Jovi, although I might take "Girls, Girls, Girls" over the Devil. Maybe.

    Wendy - I like the Ramones and haven't heard the other two, but one of my goals is to one day be self-employed again. Or retired.

    Jenni222 - I would agree as that was always a major downer hanging over the trip even if he was drinking the most.

    Anonymous - I looked very sexy until I kept crashing down into the water again and again.

    Sarcastic - Love the Billy Idol selection and "Dancing with Myself" would have been another great one. As for the teaching, some street cred is always a good thing.

    Grace - It's true, but it's also difficult to fully enjoy things when you're constantly watching what you say and not being allowed to snack a lot - which are two things I enjoy most when I'm stoned.

     
  12. drëâmè® Says:
  13. Hrm. Quite interesting. Sounds like something Hunter would get himself into! haha. & i dono since I haven't had any of the "stuff" running through me yet I'm not quite sure of music. But anything by System of a Down should do.

    Mahalo.

    Sahar.

     
  14. Unknown Says:
  15. If I was the only lady on a boat full of men in that condition... Oh hell. Let's see.
    "Poison" by Alice Cooper
    "No Strings" by Lola
    "Hot and Wet" by 112

    Then a few more to dance to...

     
  16. D - It will probably happen if you give it long enough and I'm always surprised by just what kind of nasty personal business people will admit while drinking.

    Dr - It was a vaguely Dr. Thompson situation, although much more tame and far less violent. Probably a good thing since it was technically a "work" function.

    Devil - Like the Alice Cooper, but haven't heard of 112 and thankfully there was no dancing on the boat by any of the guys. Small favors.

     
  17. locomocos Says:
  18. for some grade A bonding, while high, with your heavy metal listin' boss - you should've played

    a. More than Words - Extreme
    b. Anything by Yngwie Malmsteen
    c. Knockin' Boots - Candyman and Tone Loc

    there ya go, dood. rawk on.

    ;D

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com