Followers

Blog Archive

Oprah Meet Tara (For No Good Reason) . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Monday, July 24, 2006

Some things go together like Peanut Butter & Chocolate or Ben & Jerry or drinking & Taco Bell, but then there are times where two items get smashed together for no good reason.

And so it goes with my linking Oprah Winfrey and Tara Reid.

There's nothing that ties these two women together as Tara is a slightly deranged, frequently drunk actress in need of credability and a job while Winfrey has more money than she knows what to do with.

Both women came onto my radar this week, although the reasons were quite different.

Oprah has made news lately by venhemently denying that she has had a lesbian relationship with her friend Gayle King.



Some might say she has been denying it too loudly and too often, but I'm not one of those conspiracy theorists.

What I would say to her is this: When you're trying to assert your heterosexuality don't tell stories like this one:

"When I was 22 years old and working as a TV anchor in Baltimore, there was a young production assistant in the newsroom, Gayle King. One night there was a snowstorm and she couldn't get home. I said, 'Hey, you can spend the night at my house.' She said, 'I don't have any panties.' I said, 'Well, I do. I have clean panties, and once I give 'em to you, you don't have to give 'em back.'"

This story is just plain wrong on so many levels, and the strangest thing is that she would tell it to news outlets for a purpose that it just didn't accomplish in mind.

Moving onto someone who I no longer care what her panties look like, Tara Reid came to my attention after she was seen poolside drinking and hanging out - literally.



Ouch.

It's a long way downward spiral since "American Pie" for Tara, but I hate to take delight in the descent as "Taradaise" was such a spectacularly entertaining train wreck that I can never wish her too much bad luck.

I do wish, however, that she would never stand that way again because it's about as sexy as a hernia exam - which is extremely minimal.

-BDS

17 comments

  1. Grace Says:
  2. Oprah's look: cute!

    Oprah's story: Oh my gosh, that was stupid. Definitely not the right thing to say.

    Tara's look: Ewwwww...

     
  3. Dreamlover Says:
  4. Oprah just annoy's me.

    And wow, TARA looks AWFUL, I thought it as just her nipples that were bad, but add sag,weird stature and lumpy belly, haha

     
  5. ILLstate Says:
  6. so i take it women should not wear each other panties

     
  7. julia Says:
  8. maybe tara and paula abdul need to go bra shopping together.


    how come any time a woman just doesn't get around to getting married because she's too busy being hell of successful (condi rice, for another example) she has to "defend" herself against accusations of lesbianism (as if being a lesbian is a bad thing)? too many parentheses, julia, nobody knows what you're saying.

     
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. I agree with you Julia- I think what was so ridiculous was that THAT was the story she was telling AS she was trying to explain that she is not a lesbian. it just didn't fit.

     
  11. Grace - A poor story to illustrate her point for sure.

    Dreamlover - Sometimes Oprah does seem a bit full of herself, but Tara is looking worse and worse these days in every way possible.

    Illstate - I personally have no policy against this idea, but I would be selective about who I tell about it.

    Stiltwalker - And then you felt the horror.

    Julia - It's easy to get carried away with parentheses (not that I do), but your point is valid. See Marcia Cross for another example of gay rumors until she got married this year.

    Anonymous - This is a bad story for almost any occassion under any circumstance.

    Jenni222 - We never reveal our sources nor do we pay for photos and the thoughts are 100 percent my own. That might not be a good thing all the time, but it works for now.

     
  12. Unknown Says:
  13. Tara Reid is looking much older than she should, too much booze and partying perhaps. :)
    I don't know much about Oprah but no one seems to like her lol.

     
  14. Hey they're probably comfortable...

     
  15. Carmel - I don't think there's any perhaps about it as the hard lifestyle has taken its toll on Tara.

    Nancy - I guess you mean Oprah's panties are comfortable, and that is just a thought I don't care to ponder. And I don't want to know the color either.

     
  16. Miss Ash Says:
  17. I love Oprah....

    As for Tara, eeeek. I like your blog, these photos make me feel better about myself LOL.

     
  18. Anonymous Says:
  19. Ha! poor rich oprah!
    ;]

     
  20. Unknown Says:
  21. So what exactly is your point here...
    Oprah admited to a fling...
    With a woman.
    Bi-sexual women turn many men on. Will probably raise her popularity- although she is getting old. Have lots of men saying- "Honey, you could try that if we could find the right person.."

    Yep- not conservative though.

     
  22. Anonymous Says:
  23. I think the point is that she DID NOT admit to a fling. She keeps denying a fling but then uses this story to demonstrate how "connected" they are. Denial, denial, slip up, denial. Thats what it looks like anyway.

     
  24. Tara definitely looks like she was ridden hard and hung up wet. I've had 3 kids and no work done and I don't even sag like that.

    In Oprah's defense - the story was probably not a good choice. However, any story with the word panties gets my vote. Panties is such a fun word to say.

     
  25. drëâmè® Says:
  26. Yeah. Hrm. That story of hers was just odd. And... dr... Tara Reid... ofcourse she's only human but she's only 30 for freakin' God's sake! She should take better care of herself, especially when she's an actress whose fame is solely based on looks!

    & I used to love Oprah. Now she acts like she knows how to heal everyone, and her shows are just one repetetive concept after another. She thinks she's now qualified to give advice, just because she's been through tragedies of her own.

    Mahalo,
    Sahar.

     
  27. Miss Ash - We're big into confidence-boosting around here, but I'm sure you don't need to see Tara Reid looking like absolute crap for that.

    Starbender - It's hard to feel bad for Oprah as anyone with that much money and influence doesn't really deserved to be pitied. Mocked yes, but pitied no.

    Devil - Oprah and Gayle King do not turn me on in any way at all. Carmen Electra and Pamela Anderson might be a different story . . .

    Anonymous - Denial is not just a river in Egypt and this story is a terrible denial.

    Sarcastic - You're exactly right as panties is one of those words that are instantly funny no matter what context they are used.

    Dr - Tara looks 40 at least, and I agree about Oprah as she's intelligent enough, but I'm not sure what qualifies her sometimes to cast judgement and give advice about subjects that she's just not qualified for.

    But she's still better than Dr. Phil.

     
  28. I've heard of "Futurama" but never watched it.

    So I'll have to take your word on the comparison, but I bet the cartoon character looks bad too.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com