Followers

Blog Archive

The Greatest Sex Around Part 3 . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Tuesday, April 24, 2007

{This is the third in a semi-regular series of posts regarding great cinematic sex scenes as defined by me. This is completely arbitrary and open for interpretation, but so is life.}

Springboarding from the amazing threesome scene in "Wild Things," it's not geographically hard to leap to the more normal pairing of William Hurt and Kathleen Turner in "Body Heat."


This movie is also set in Florida, where everyone sweats like crazy and that kind of heat and perspiration can only lead to sex. A lot of hot, swampy sex that does nothing to alleviate the sweating, it in fact can only increase it, yet this combination yields an excellent carnal scene that takes advantage of passion and destruction.

This film is a good early 80s film noir that featured Turner when she was still sexy, Hurt sporting a seedy-looking mustache and also introduced the world to Mickey Rourke who pops up in small role near the end of the film.


But the sex scene in question occurs early on when Hurt follows Turner to her husband's luxurious house. Of course the husband is somewhere far away, and after flirting and sweating all night, Turner attempts to send Hurt home without a horizontal mambo, a result that doesn't set well with him.


Hurt stands outside her front doorway in a frenzy of lust, and watches Turner prowl around inside.

Infuriated by the snub and with absolutely no regard for the high cost of window replacement in Florida, Hurt then grabs an outside chair and hurls the piece of patio furniture through the window. Turner seems to enjoy this display and the duo paw each other and sweat some more.

Nearly everyone in the movie complains about the heat, and as I already mentioned, screwing is only going to make the participants hotter.

But then again, if I have to sweat like an animal there is no better activity to engage in than sex and this scene definitely proves that point.

-BDS

12 comments

  1. nobich Says:
  2. I remember that movie- Kathleen Turner still has the sexist voice in the world. woohoo!!

     
  3. Miss Ash Says:
  4. I've never seen this movie, but i'm wondering why all of your movie picks are from the 80's early 90's....nothing hot and sexy lately?

     
  5. julia Says:
  6. maybe you've already done this one, but don't forget about top gun.

    take my breath away!

     
  7. Nobich - She does have a great, throaty voice, but it worked better for her in the 80s. Selah.

    Miss Ash - That's a good point/question. I'm just doing ones that pop into my head, but I'll try and turn my attention to recent ones (2000 - onwards).

    Julia - I caught the end of Top Gun on cable the other day & own the DVD. A good choice. I'll have to add it down the line somewhere as I did a Cruise movie, Risky Business, last week & need some space between them.

     
  8. Is that also the movie in which William Hurt goes for a run, then lights up a cigarette afterward? I have no idea why that sticks out in my mind. Probably because I like movie irony more than I like movie sex.

     
  9. JLee Says:
  10. Good choice. Love that scene!
    I'm laughing at Wendy's comment because I noticed that same thing in the movie. "That was a good run, think I'll have a cig now!"

     
  11. Wendy - Ha. You're right as everyone was smoking in that movie & I used to have a client (when I was a personal trainer) who would lift weights with me for an hour, do some cardio and then light up a cig as he pulled away from the gym in his BMW. Whatever works, eh?

    Jlee - See above comment about fitness/smoking. Strange behavior indeed, but still a good scene.

     
  12. Florida is one sweaty place. However, picturing Kathleen Turner in the picture now just doesn't do a lot for anyone.

     
  13. Unknown Says:
  14. I haven't seen Kathleen Turner since the 80's or maybe somewhere in the 90's so I still remember her in the young days.

     
  15. Sarcastic - Time has not been kind to her. But her voice is still the same.

    Carmel - Those were her salad days so it's probably for the best anyway. She was also good in Romancing the Stone.

     
  16. locomocos Says:
  17. I've always heard that if you don't heat train - you're dog meat.

    this apparently speaks for sex, too. Maybe he threw the chair cause he wasn't used to the humididty.

    then again, maybe he was practicing smoking ciggies by running and sweating first...

     
  18. An interesting theory on running/cigs. And I've never heard the heat train/dog meat connection but I like it. Good visual.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com