Followers

Blog Archive

The Lesser Of Two Evils . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Friday, June 02, 2006

I stumbled across these two pictures while surfing the Internet, and both disturbed me for different reasons.





After my initial laughter subsided, however, I started debating about which one was worse. Or rather which picture felt the most wrong or disturbing in the eyes of myself and of society at large.

The knee-jerk answer would be the kid in the t-shirt because there is something inherently misguided about someone this young offering up this kind of suggestion and punctuating it with the word fuck.

But then again, he’s also young enough to where this wouldn’t scar him for life, and his friends at school would get a good laugh out of the shirt before the principle hustled him out the door and suspended him.

Bruce Willis does not have youth to scapegoat for his ridiculous outfit.

Willis has been walking the Earth for more than 50 years, and at no point during that time would this suit have ever been reasonable outside of a Dr. Seuss book.

He looks like a smirking stop light, although he is rumored to be dating the model standing next to him and she doesn’t seem to mind that she’s draping herself around a human barber pole.

So, I guess in the end, the kid probably wins this face-off for the more disturbing image.

At least that’s my opinion, but I could always be convinced otherwise.

-BDS

10 comments

  1. The kid in the shirt doesn't bother me. When he is old enough to fit into it, the shirt might work - it might not.

    The Bruce Willis thing is creepy peepy. I about lost my breakfast it sickened me so much. He needs to get a personal dresser or something, because ugly is written all over than outfit.

     
  2. Anonymous Says:
  3. I'd go with the slutty kid. Bruce rocks that outfit. LOL>

     
  4. marcos Says:
  5. Hi this is my very first visit to your blog - linking from Dr. Nazli's. Your blog is mostly enjoyable and I will return to read your new posts, ok?

    As for the post, the boy's t-shirt is outright outrageous. No parent should allow that. On the other hand, I guess Bruce Willis has enough money to be upgraded from pathetically ridiculous to eccentric. So, the boy's got the medal.

     
  6. julia Says:
  7. i'm surprised you haven't seen the kid one before (tho maybe you have and just didn't comment until this comparison).

     
  8. Sarcastic - I agree that the Willis outfit is a truly hideous piece of style, and I really don't see any harm for the kid to throw the suggestion out there and see who bites.

    Anonymous - Bruce rocks in "Die Hard" or "Pulp Fiction," but not in this outfit.

    Caco - I'm glad you find the blog mostly enjoyable as I enjoy writing it, so come on back whenever you can. As for Willis being eccentric, you are right becuase if you have enough money you become eccentric rather than stupid or crazy.
    Julia - I hadn't seen the kid until a couple of weeks ago, but I was saving it for some comparison shopping in the realm of the ridiculous.

     
  9. Unknown Says:
  10. No comment on the age of the model Bruce is with? or the implications of dating someone so much younger...

    I wonder about their relationship..

    And the kids parents should never have bought the clothes. What does that say as well... So much for responsiblity and role modeling!

     
  11. Bruce always dates women much younger than him, but he still seems fairly virile, so more power to him.

    As for the boy's parents . . .

     
  12. Unknown Says:
  13. seems might be the key word.. You never know what goes on behind the scenes. Unless you are the director! LOL. I am such trouble.

     
  14. I have a feeling the kid's shirt is photoshopped. As for Bruce, I wish I could say the same thing.

    What's really weird--and true--is that my dad (age 70) looks a lot like Bruce. I'm going to buy dad a red suit for his next birthday. But he's going to have to hang on to mom. I think a chick like that would kill him.

     
  15. That is an odd thing to have a Dad who looks like Bruce, but as for the chance of death, what a way to go.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com