Followers

Blog Archive

Pieces Of Meat . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Tuesday, June 13, 2006

After a few shirtless poses inside a downtown Dallas hotel room this past weekend, I am now one step closer to New York City - If I want it bad enough.

The meeting took place on the 5th floor of Hyatt Reunion Hotel, and I was examined like a piece of meat (although I've never felt this was a bad thing as I happen to treat my own meat very well).

This was no mere metaphor as the agent used some of the same terms to describe me as he did his ribeye steak at our dinner following the meeting.

Back - "Looks great. Perfect."


Back
Originally uploaded by twodollarproductions.



Legs - "Fine. Nobody pays for those anyway."

Chest - "Looks good. But needs to be a little bigger and heartier."


BDS33
Originally uploaded by twodollarproductions.



Arms - "Same as chest. Bring out the veins and tendons more. A bit tender."

Abs - "Tight, but need to bring out the obliques."

The verdict was that I was close to earning an all expenses paid trip to New York, but I needed to finish "hardening out" first.

He explained that I had to "perfect" when I hit New York because my week will be spent going to casting calls, taking acting lessons, going to the offices of "Men's Health" and "Men's Fitness" and meeting all sorts of key players in the industry.

Commercials is where the real money lies, and luckily he said I had a very "commercial" look and so that made me happy as you get paid every time an ad airs anywhere in the world.

Easy money, eh?

Well there's no such thing as truly easy money because to get as hard as he wants, I will have to lead the life of a monk for awhile (if said monk were to lift weights everyday & still swear & view the occasional risque video).

The agent is supposed to get in touch my nutritionist this week, and then I should have a concrete plan by Friday of just how hellish this transformation will be.

At that point, I will decide if the reward is worth the work as it will undoubtably strain my relationship with my signficant other, cause my social life to suffer and place strict demands on my schedule.

But there's also the money to consider as the agent told me that he's got a guy who has booked $25K a month for the past 3 months and he said I've got a "prettier face - no offense."

"None taken," I replied. "I'd rather be called a pretty boy than an ugly bastard any day of the week."


BDS1
Originally uploaded by twodollarproductions.


So, big decisions will need to be made after this week, but for now, I plan to fill myself up with barbeque and Tex-Mex and drink some Negro Modelos.

And I'm really gonna miss those things if I have to give them up.

-BDS

16 comments

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. Oh.. I miss Tex-Mex food that I'm not cooking. That's why I read this blog, you know. To remind me of Austin.
    That and pictures of cute guys!
    I am a devil after all!
    Good luck with the modeling.

     
  3. SS Says:
  4. Really, I don't know how you do it. I have pretty decent will power but I've got nothing on you. Attaining perfection is crazy hard and no matter how perfect you get there will always be something that "needs work" (at least that's what the modeling agencies will say). Good luck with it all. But, damn, you're pretty frickin' hot now!

     
  5. Devil - Thanks as I'll take all the luck I can get, and it's tough to get decent Tex-Mex once you leave Texas.

    Jenni222 - Again I appreciate the good luck, but I've got a lot of work left to do as the agent reminded me.

    Dreamlover - I always like a good "Deuce Bigalow" reference, and the Eddie Griffin character's "man whore" references were pretty funny.

    Suburbanite - As I mentioned, there's always something to do as "perfection" is a hard thing to attain in anything and I suppose keeps us all working towards something.

     
  6. Trish Says:
  7. Good Luck. Nic pics, btw

     
  8. D Says:
  9. OOh my !!! I have to tell you I almost fell out of my chair when I saw your face. NO KIDDING.. You look identical to my x- boyfriend.. Even your hair is the same.. as well as your body's.. Wow.. what a shocker.. you have a twin..I have always said-you can do anything you want in life.. patients and preserverance.. pay off.. I promise..

     
  10. Grace Says:
  11. Very nice pics! And I definitely agree with the rest of the chicks here, I think your body's amazing as is. Good luck with the modeling!

     
  12. Miss Ash Says:
  13. I guess you have to weigh the pros and cons...is it an attainable goal, will the road there be worth it, how much of a strain will it put on your relationship...alot i would assume. I had a trainer at the gym who was into bodybuilding and the shit he had to put his body through for one competition was insane. So in the end, is it worth it for you to pursue this?

    Nice pics by the way, but everyone has metioned that already :)

     
  14. Trish - Thanks for the good wishes.

    D - There really shouldn't be another of me running around this world somewhere as I thought they broke the mold (of course I'm hopelessly biased)

    Grace - Thanks for the feedback and we'll see how things go.

    Miss Ash - I can only imagine what your trainer went through for competition and hopefully mine will be somewhat tamer and involve less steroids. Let's hope, eh?

     
  15. You look great. The question is...Do you feel great? That would be a hard decision. From your pictures it doesn't look like you need anything more done, but I guess the guy knows his business.

    Good Luck!

     
  16. Anonymous Says:
  17. as far as straining your relationship, i think it depends on whether you are taking in enough fuel for things other than working out and posing :)

     
  18. Unknown Says:
  19. Oh yeah- CA does not do manage Tex-Mex at all...
    Went out last Saturday- Mexican restaurant. I don't remember what the menu was but I started to joke that this was "San Francisco Mexican at it's finest! And nobody could top the elegance... A long way from Mexican or Tex-Mex.'

    You do look great!

     
  20. Samantha Says:
  21. Hey great writing and great pics. Now I remember why I wanted to move to Texas.

    Good luck with the modeling gig, you look gooood!

     
  22. Sarcastic - I feel better now that it's over, and I'm still indecisive about going to this extreme for the long haul.

    Anonymous - Luckily my sloth-like ways have been reversed and if I were to pursue this I will find some sort of drug to combat sexual fatigue because if you're too tired for that you might as well be dead.

    Devil - San Francisco Mexican is an oxymoron, and I wouldn't trust any Tex-Mex once I left Texas until proven wrong.

    Samantha - Thanks for the good wishes & Texas has a lot of good things going for it and Austin is a place that requires visiting for even more reasons as live music, barbecue & the outdoors are hard to beat.

     
  23. Colleen - Did I fail to mention that I have no recollection between the time that I was posing shirtless to the time we went to dinner. Suscpicious?

    Informant - I think you would get the worse end of that deal unless you're talking about a bar to get drinks at - and I doubt it. Good luck.

     
  24. It's a poor trade in my book.

     
  25. Unknown Says:
  26. Devil's back..

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com