Followers

Blog Archive

Fish In A Barrel . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Wednesday, May 31, 2006

In the category of easy targets, a few recent stories made me laugh as Star Jones, Paris Hilton and Ben Affleck formed an unholy trinity this past weekend.

Affleck was rushed to the ER with a migraine on the set of his directorial debut, "Gone, Baby, Gone," which is being shot in Massachusetts.



Although I generally like Affleck as a person thanks to his self-deprecating humor, his movie choices such as "Paycheck" (the title says it all), "Surviving Christmas" (just barely) and "Gigli" (as horrible and unintentionally funny as you could imagine) have undermined his career to such an extent that I'm not sure he'll ever fully recover.

Maybe he should cut an album, which is what Paris Hilton is doing as she plans to launch her music career with the single "Stars Are Blind."



She describes the album as universal in its appeal as she stated "I want to have something for everybody."

Hilton neglected to mention if she meant something for everybody to laugh at, and what boggles my mind is that a blue-eyed, blonde-haired girl from Beverly Hills is releasing an album that I saw described as a mix strongly featuring reggae and hip-hop music.

That's keeping it real in a style you know is authentic.

Finally, one celebrity (and I use that term loosely) who's keeping it real - real nasty - is Star Jones as this picture appears to be a microcosm of her marriage.



Her husband, Al Reynolds, looks severely uncomfortable in this position, although it's hard to tell if his displeasure stems merely from Star's attention or from the fact that she might be crushing his thighbone with her pelvic gyrations.

These stories were the equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel, but they still served to make me laugh which is a good thing when you're buried in work from your long holiday weekend.

-BDS

8 comments

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. He looks uncomfortable. But she'having fun!

     
  3. If I was taking bets I wouldn't peg Big Al as the straighest arrow in the bunch, but then again, Star Jones is not the best litmus test of heterosexuality for anyone.

     
  4. Ya kinda have to feel sorry for Al. He has a lot to put up with - and that is just dealing with her thread count issues.

     
  5. I didn't know about Star's thread count issues, but I'm not surprised as her list is long but distinguished.

    And I do feel vaguely sorry for Al, but he knew what he was signing up for when he bought that pony.

     
  6. Ash Says:
  7. I get a migraine just thinking about Paris Hilton. Please G-D, Don't let them play her music on Mainstream radio! Maybe Sirius will come up with a staion entitled "No Paris, All the time"

     
  8. I don't you will be able to escape her music at first as it will be everywhere - even Sirius.

    My gut reaction, however, is that is won't be as bad a K-Fed's upcoming rap album.

     
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. I think it will be worse than K-Fed. K-Fed at least has the lingo down and the look (not the grill(golden teeth)). Paris doesnt even play the part!!! She would be better off singing pop.

     
  11. K-Fed might look the part, but he is equally as talent-less as Hilton.

    But I do agree that Paris should go pop, although imagining her trying to rap is kind of funny.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com