Followers

Blog Archive

The Orgies Better Be Worth It . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Saturday, May 13, 2006

The next month of my life is going to be pure hell as I started a brutal diet and exercise program that is designed to peak on June 9th or 10th when I meet with a New York modeling agent.

This whole saga has ongoing for almost a year, and stemmed from a photo shoot that I did for a fitness coffee-table book, which is still being shopped to publishers the last time I checked.

If the book ever does get published, my feeling is that it will appeal to a very specialized buying segment of the population - namely gay bath-house owners scattered throughout the United States.

But one good thing resulted from the shoot as these pictures found their way to a New York agent:




I met with the agent last summer when he came to Dallas to speak at a modeling convention (which is one of the silliest conventions one could attend), and he told me that he saw a money-making opportunity for both of us if I gained 10 pounds. So, I spent the past several months stuffing myself and working out amongst the screenplay writing and actual job-related work.

The agent returns to Dallas on June 9th, and if he likes what he sees, he wants to bring me to New York for a week to live in a house for models and go to photo shoots and open calls and take acting lessons and in my imagination generally behave like some crazy outtake from "Zoolander."



I actually hope there's more to it than that as I see the project as a total grab for easy money as well as connections to the film industry. We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm facing a 4 week program to shed body fat and a diet that must suddenly cease to include alcohol, milk, sugar, Gatorade, most carbs and generally anything that tastes good.

My diet now looks like this:

Meal 1 - Protein Shake
Meal 2 - 6 egg whites, 1 whole egg and 1/2 cup of oatmeal
Meal 3 - Protein Shake, handfull of unsalted almonds
Meal 4 - 6 oz. chicken or turkey, 1/2 cup rice
Meal 5 - Protein Shake, handfull of unsalted almonds
Meal 6 - 6 0z. Chicken or turkey, 1/2 cup rice, green beans
Meal 7 - 6 egg whites, handfull of unsalted almonds

That regime is enough to make nearly anyone weep like a little child who skinned their knee, but I will remain strong in the face of nutritional adversity.

All I do know, however, is that the orgies better be worth the pain if this actually works out.

-BDS

9 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. The diet sounds horrible.LoL. But post if it works.

     
  3. It better work because I'm already walking around in a foul mood and feel like running people down in my car for some strange reason.

    This must be how Russell Crowe feels most of the time.

     
  4. Anonymous Says:
  5. you're a stud :)

     
  6. Anonymous Says:
  7. I'd say.good luck!

     
  8. Thanks for the encouragement and I'll take all the good luck I can get because it's a rainy Sunday afternoon and I just finished eating some dry chicken and brown rice, which is roughly as fun as watching back-to-back episodes of "According to Jim" or "Freddie."

    The horror.

     
  9. Good Luck! I hate dieting! I know this is overused, but there is a reason diet starts out die. You better hope the model house is not full of people who frequent said bath houses.

     
  10. julia Says:
  11. cutting out carbs makes one grumpy, or so i've heard from my roommate who went on atkins to lose weight for prom.

    i will be feeling your pain after i'm done rowing and try to drop some weight (muscle and fat) that i don't need anymore. "diet starts tomorrow"

    good luck!

     
  12. This is why I like to wear '50s circle skirts. They hide a multitude of sins.

    Then again, you aren't a goofy middle-aged female writer.

    Obviously.

    I wish you much good luck. I hope modeling agents are more reliable than literary agents.

     
  13. Informant - You're 100 percent correct on the diet food and it's nice to have options because dieting as a career would be awful.

    Sarcastic - That bath/model house problem has already occurred to me, but I'm pushing it out of my mind for now and figure I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

    Julia - Rowing is great exercise and yes my mood is getting noticably worse after only 8 days of this crap.

    Wendy - I somehow doubt that modeling agents are much higher than literary agents on the rung of decency, and it's been years since I've worn a circle skirt - I still don't like to talk about it, but I really wanted to get in the fraternity.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com