Followers

Blog Archive

See You Later Alligators . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I would be perfectly content to live in a world where snakes, sharks and alligators did not exist.


If a plague wiped them of the planet tomorrow, I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep or shed one single tear, and as far as I'm concerned they can take Freddie Prinze Jr. with them.

After last week in Florida, I'm sure many people feel the same way I do about alligators as three women were killed in separate incidents by the eerily intelligent beasts who should only be kept around in wallet, boot or belt form.

Instead, they compete for Florida's prime real estate with senior citizens and the serial perverts who roam South Beach.

"We live in a wildlife state in and among many different species," said Willie Puz, a spokesman for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. "Be alert to your surroundings. Any freshwater body in Florida can be home to alligators."

Mr. Puz attributed the recent attacks to factors like warm waters and recent drought-like conditions in the area, and said the attacks were "unfortunate and tragic, unrelated coincidences in three different geographical regions of the state."

That's troubling news to me because it leads to the assumption that the alligators are communicating with one another to deflect suspicion and are possibly using some kind of intricate, underground swamp system to prey on victims.

I hope that's not actually the case, and if police are still searching for some of these marauding, murdering beasts, then I suggest they start with these three candidates who all appear as scaly as they come.





Beware.

-BDS

4 comments

  1. Well count yourself lucky you don't live in my country. You think you have a lot of those, creepy, crawly, scaly human eating monsters... think again!!

    Sharks are the most scary in my opinion. Probably because attacks happen around here all the time. On a recent holiday in North Queensland, I was happily enjoying the waves and then I heard the shark warning siren. I discovered a hidden talent of walking on water... really damn fast. THEN I was told my a local that I shouldn't have been swimming there in the first place because salt water alligators frequent the area. A fucking SIGN would have been fantastic. Geez...

     
  2. First, I have to say at least one of those alligators helped clean up the gene pool. Why in the world would you go scuba diving alone in an area known to be inhabited by alligators? Clearly not the crunchiest cookie in the box.

     
  3. Friday - You've expressed perfectly the reason why I plan to visit Australia one day, but I will not go out in the ocean because being eaten is not my idea of relaxation. And they should post signs EVERYWHERE is gators or sharks are on the loose.

    Sarcastic - I thought the exact same thing when I read about that because scuba diving anywhere near gators won't qualify you for MENSA membership anytime soon.

     
  4. Haha. Well, in the sixties, it became the law to install shark nets on any popular beach where humans swim/surf.

    But if the sharkies are REALLY hungry, a little net isn't (and hasn't) stopped them!

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com