Followers

Blog Archive

Quick Hit Friday . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Friday, February 23, 2007

"It's so damn hot. Milk was a bad idea," - Will Ferrell, "Anchorman"


I made it back from New York City in one piece, my psyche firmly intact and a palpable sense of relief on my mind.

And I appreciate all the good wishes that came in during my hiatus as I just caught up on them today, which was a much nicer thing to return to than just a suitcase full of dirty clothes.

This weekend, I will be working up a detailed trip synopsis for a multi-post series starting Monday, as much for a mental scrapbook as anything, but I hope it's enjoyable to read as well.

Since I was running amok in the city all week and devoid of a computer and never saw a newspaper, I'm not really sure what went on in the world, but I'll give it a shot as I've got a better chance of remembering than Britney Spears who apparently shaved her head bald in-between short-lived rehab stints (up to lucky number 3 the last time I checked).


Spears is obviously a mess at the moment, but I am most concerned about her children because things have gone horribly awry when Kevin Federline becomes the one parent who has his shit together in a relationship. Those poor, poor kids.

It appears that Anna Nicole Smith will be buried in the Bahamas. One of the lawyers involved in the dispute says all sides have come to that understanding, with the exact details still to be worked out.


I am already tired of all these legal proceedings regarding Smith, a torrent which will likely drag on for years with the amount of money involved coupled with the greed-crazed dildos running the show, but it still seems wrong for her to be buried in the Bahamas.

I'm not sure where her resting place should be, however, somewhere far away from the island she fled to for a variety of reasons and ultimately lost her son on seems a poor choice.

In a story about Heather Mills that doesn't involve her impending divorce from Sir Paul McCartney, the former Beatle's estranged wife has reportedly signed on to compete in the fourth season of ABC's Dancing With the Stars.


There are so many awful, tasteless jokes about 'breaking a leg' or others a similar nature that I'm just going to leave them alone and simply wonder why she's wasting her time because she's about to rake McCartney for a boatload of money and doing reality TV is just a peculiar move.

In a bit of news about good-looking bastards who have it all, New England quarterback Tom Brady's ex-girlfriend, Bridget Moynahan, is three months pregnant and says he is the father.

Brady is currently galavanting around Europe with his new paramour, Gisele Bundchen, and has been fairly quiet on the pregnancy.



If he's not winning Super Bowls, Brady apparently dates and impregnates really good-looking women before moving onto super-models. It goes without saying that I hate/envy him.

In a related story, it was rumored this week that notorious playboy George Clooney and Reese Witherspoon were seen dining together.


In Touch recently floated the possibility that the admittedly commitment-phobic Sexiest Man Alive "may be interested in getting together" with the newly single actress.

I guees Clooney will be finding out if Reese is legally blonde or not. Ouch.

Sorry that the news was light this week as I feel vaguely out of touch with the world - or at least the real world - as I was living in a narcissistic bubble that finally burst and sprayed all over the East Coast.

How's that for an image? But let's end with a better one:


So, think about doing something crazy with your hair, always keep your knees bent while stretching and . . . and Happy Friday!

It's good to be home.

-BDS

12 comments

  1. JLee Says:
  2. Welcome back! Can't wait to hear the gory details. My daughter and I watched "Zoolander" when she was home sick Monday and I couldn't help but chuckle and think of your "model house antics" in NY. haha

     
  3. nobich Says:
  4. Glad you're back
    Happy Friday!!

     
  5. Shroom-monkey - You've got to feel for her kids as they have some shaky parents and that does not help you in life.

    Jlee - Thanks and I should have busted out some "Blue Steel" during my trip. I had a little going, but . . .

    Nobich - I'm glad to return as well & Happy Friday!

     
  6. Seems like you pretty much know what happened this week. I agree that I'm already tired of the whole ANS court woes and am very tired of Britney Spears. For heaven's sake if you can't do it for yourself then do it for your kids before they start rapping.

     
  7. BostonPobble Says:
  8. And it's good to have you home. Looking forward to hearing the stories!

     
  9. Melissa Says:
  10. Just let me know when you'll be the hot picture on the gigantic billboard in Time Square so I can get a photo of it.

     
  11. Sarcastic - That was just a quick google Ent search for the week, but it's a pretty safe bet that Anna and Britney will be dominating things. Not a great scenario.

    BostonPobble - I appreciate the thought & I'll be working through my memory & sorting through them this weekend for a detailed account starting Monday. Ha. It was interesting.

    Melissa - If that happens then I'm definitely moving to New York like I was asked to do, but which will likely not happen in this lifetime. I might be downloadable on a Cingular phone, however, and I'll get into that next week.

     
  12. Miss Ash Says:
  13. You were asked to move to NY but doubt you will....crazy man!!!

    I've always wanted to shave my head and wear wigs....i'm too chicken.

    Welcome back.

     
  14. Anonymous Says:
  15. Looking forward to the stories!

     
  16. Anonymous Says:
  17. Thank You for the stretching tips!
    I will keep them in mind this weekend.

     
  18. Anonymous Says:
  19. Welcome back! Now do as I have and set the dirty laundry aside, get busy posting those highly-anticipated shots!

     
  20. Miss Ash - Easier said than done. Ha. And I think you're very sane for not wanting to shave your head & don wigs - very sane.

    Anonymous - Thanks and I hope that they are worth it.

    Girlbehind - I'm all about fitness & stretching & proper form. Ha. Hope they work out for you.

    Orchid - I've got one shot already, but I have a feeling that the rest might take quite awhile. Nobody seems to be able to keep any kind of schedule.

    Hootch - I think Tom Brady & my wife might have something to say about that, but I suppose you never know.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com