Followers

Blog Archive

I Dreamz of Something Better...

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Friday, April 21, 2006


In general, I like Paul Weitz movies as I own "American Pie" and "About a Boy" on DVD and have watched both of them multiple times.

His latest film "American Dreams," however, holds absolutely zero
interest for me because I can't justify plunking down $9 to go see a
big-screen version of something I can watch on my TV screen any night of
the week.

A singing contest where more people vote on the winner than the
President - check

An acid-tongued Brit berating singing contestants - check

A war in the Middle East - check

A clueless President - check

A shady and controlling VP - check

When your biggest stretch is Mandy Moore playing a singer there is
something rotten in Denmark.

A movie satire needs to be sharp, and this one looks about as
destructive as a butter knife and the only question in my mind is why
did so many semi-talented people spend their time, energy and effort on
something like this?

They should find out the answer when the box office returns come rolling
in on Monday morning.

-BDS

2 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. I saw this movie. And it was THAT painful. And I like American Idol :)

     
  3. I believe it, and it debuted with a pathetic $3.7 million opening weekend, so my prediction was accurate. Thanks for solidfying it with an actual viewing.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com