Followers

Blog Archive

Bad Hair Hall of Fame . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Saturday, April 01, 2006

The new Vin Diesel movie, "Find Me Guilty," opened in Austin yesterday, and I wasn't paying the project a speck of attention until I saw a preview where Diesel was running around some courtroom sporting an atrocious wig that I personally found insulting.



How could the filmmakers expect me to believe anything that Diesel said or did when it appeared that someone had plucked a large bird's nest and then glued it sideways onto his bald chrome of a head.

If the production value was so low that they couldn't find a better wig for their main star then the film was in big trouble.

The case could also be made that "Find Me Guilty" was already doomed by the decision to cast Diesel in the first place, but let's focus on his disasterous follicle choices for now.

The tonsorial trauma of Diesel quickly got me thinking of other films where a suspect hairstyle or horrible wig had sabotaged a project.

So, here's a few cases (in no particular order or awfulness):

Joe Pesci in "JFK"


Jeff Bridges in "The Vanishing"


Bruce Willis in "The Jackal"

Collin Farell in "Alexander"


These are just a few cases of preposterous hair in movies, and I'm always curious about other examples that are lurking out there unbeknownst to me.

So bring 'em on if you've got some good ones. In the meantime, I think I'll go see "Thank You For Smoking" where everyone's hair appears to be just fine.

-BDS

3 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Some of Mel Gibson's mullets in the Lethal Weapon seris deserve consideration.

     
  3. I also think that the Diesel is suspect when it comes to being straight, although he denies it in the new issue of Details and claims he adheres to the Pacino and De Niro school of not discussing sexuality. So he's probably gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

     
  4. I'll definitely agree with Colin and Jared's horrible hair, but Nic Cage's mustache was a thing of beauty.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com