Followers

Blog Archive

Quick Hit Friday . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Friday, February 20, 2009

"Beer is for breakfast around here, drink or be gone.” Bryan Brown, “Cocktail”


“Cocktail” is a fairly horrible yet also horribly entertaining movie that is far better than it has any right to be. I probably should have quoted an Oscar film as I plan to watch and pull for Mickey Rourke this weekend, but for some reason, “Cocktail” popped into my head.

Anyway, it’s 70 degrees and sunny in Austin, so I need to flee the office as quickly as possible. Before that occurs, however, let’s look at the hard stories of the week such as:

Salma Hayek married her French lover on Valentine’s Day, an official at a Paris City Hall confirmed this week.

The official says the Mexican-born actress wed Francois-Henri Pinault in a civil ceremony. The two met in Italy in 2006, got engaged and then had a child - Valentina Paloma - in September 2007 before breaking off their engagement in 2008.


This just gives me another reason to hate Valentine’s Day, although my love for Hayek remains unabated.

Christ Brown, who was arrested before the Grammys in connection with a domestic violence investigation involving Rhianna, released a statement this week which saying the singer is "sorry and saddened" over what happened.

The statement was released through publicist Michael Sitrick and said: "I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerge a better person."


In a subsequent statement, God stated: “I had nothing to do with this, and don’t appreciate having my name used in connection with the incident.“

Lindsay Lohan addressed her recent rail thin appearance this week as she told Us Weekly that stress was largely to blame.

"I eat. I had my Big Mac yesterday from McDonald's," Lohan told Us Weekly. The 22-year-old actress also said that her recent weight loss is "not intentional," blaming it on "working a lot," "stress" and a "lack of sleep" from traveling.


While her statement contains certain truths, the most accurate order of the wording should be: Lohan cannot find any “work,” which is “not intentional” on her part and she is “stressed” and this is causing a “lack of sleep.” So, she was close . . .

GQ magazine's list of the "10 most Stylish Men in America” named Grammy-winning pop singer Justin Timberlake as its most fashionable man this week.

The singer/actor gave his banker stepfather the credit for his dress sense. The magazine praised Timberlake, 28, for his impact on fashion, his willingness to take risks and "knack for targeting trends" including hats, three-piece suits, skinny ties and beards.


The award is certain to help Timberlake garner female attention as he obviously needed more help in that department.

People magazine revealed this week that Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen are engaged.

According to a friend of the actress, co-stars in 2008’s “Jumper,” got engaged in December. “They’re so excited,” says the pal, adding that no wedding date has been set. “They’re a great couple. Rachel seems thrilled beyond belief.”


As a wedding present to the public, the pair have agreed never to make a sequel to “Jumper.”

Kanye West appeared on Details magazine this week, and gave a wide-ranging interview that discussed his favorite subject – himself – and also credited his past sexual addiction for his success.

"People ask me a lot about my drive," he says. "I think it comes from, like, having a sexual addiction at a really young age. Look at the drive that people have to get sex—to dress like this and get a haircut and be in the club in the freezing cold at 3 a.m., the places they go to pick up a girl. If you can focus the energy into something valuable, put that into work ethic..."


Finally, I agree with West about something as sexual addiction has been great for my own life too.

But let’s not end with addiction, no matter how matter how beneficial it may be, and instead focus on a gold image or two:



I enjoy wide open spaces, nature and nudity, so these photographs agreed with me. So, try to get outdoors today, feel free to leave your clothing behind and . . . Happy Friday!

-BDS

18 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. I'm glad Darth Vader is off the market. For years, many women I meet have been telling me about having met him at some party before he was famous. Whenever they talk about him they swoon. To effing bad, power of the dark side my ass. Maybe the ladies will finally look my way.

     
  3. I wonder if Hayden Christensen is as whiny in person as he is in every single movie I've ever seen him in. My guess says yes.

    And speaking of addiction, I might be addicted to the "golden images" you end every Friday post with.

     
  4. Heff - Always appreciate the detail, so . . . that guy married to Hayek is also a billionaire (sp?)so he's one lucky bastard, Lohan needs to eat and switch back to men, I like Rachel Bilson and really don't care for Christensen, the Kanye solution was my favorite piece here, and hopefully the images keep getting populated out in Cyberspace so it can continue. Happy Friday & enjoy the weekend.

    WhatIgot - Women don't want to admit it, but the Dark Side has more staying power than the other one for most of the population. Happy Friday.

     
  5. Native Minnow - Flew by you in Cyberspace . . . that is exactly why Hayden bugs the shit out of me, and as for the images, let's hope they continue for a long, long time. Ha. Have a good weekend.

     
  6. nobich Says:
  7. Happy Friday Guys!!

     
  8. Anonymous Says:
  9. I'm a little slow today, I just noticed the movie tagline for Cocktail. "When he pours, he reigns." That is the worst thing I've ever read.

     
  10. h Says:
  11. 1) Oscars = Ghey

    2) Francois looks like an unwashed Gallic version of Robert Vaughn.

    3)Brown's "church" is prolly a cult like Obama's.

    4)Pretending to be a lesbo didn't give her that career boost she thought it would.

    5) Timberlake greater than or equal to watching the Oscars in Gheyness.

    6) Never heard of movie or people.

    7) Kanye: I'd rip his arm off and beat him with the bloody stub if I met him.

     
  12. BostonPobble Says:
  13. Perhaps Chris Brown should get some counseling from people other than those who raised him in such a way that attacking Rhianna was an option...? I'm just saying.

    Lindsey Lohan apparently didn't listen to us, as she is still around and still opening her mouth ~ to speak if not to eat. Silly girl. When $$ and the Pobble agree and speak, we really should be listened to. ;)

    Happy Weekend.

     
  14. Nobich – Happy Friday to you. Enjoy it.

    WhatIgot – I read that for the first time yesterday when I found the picture – awful yet so bad it’s almost great, much like the movie.

    TheTroll – Appreciate the detail. I like watching the Oscars even though I wish it were about 1 hour in length versus 3.5, Francois just looks lucky to me, Lohan’s career is in the toilet so it can only go up from here, don’t bother learning about ‘Jumper’ or Hayden and I’m fine with you idea for Kanye as I find him to be generally irritating. Happy Friday.

    Pobble – I know it . . . Maybe we should send Lohan’s representatives some kind of missive – it must look official – with words to that effect and strongly request her to use her open mouth time to eat versus speaking. If you think about it, we’re just looking out for everyone’s interest in the situation. Finally, have a great weekend – you especially for your big event.

     
  15. "I had my Big Mac yesterday," said Lohan. "I mean, that's enough calories for the month, right?"

    Note: She didn't actually say that. I made it up. But now I'm wondering if McDonald's will use her as a spokesperson to prove that their food does not contribute to America's obesity problem.

     
  16. JLee Says:
  17. I will be pulling for Rourke this Sunday too and feel pretty confident he will win. I don't have much else except that first golden pic is interesting...kind of like a bunch of feathers? Have a good weekend.

     
  18. Anonymous Says:
  19. Things change quickly in Hollywood don't they? I mean Salma and Francois went from splitsville to marriage in lightning quick speed and I daresay the divorce will be just as speedy. Oh well, you boys will be pleased to have her back on the market so I will pray that it all goes to plan.


    Lindsay darling, get some fake tan for god's sake. The anorexic look is bad enough but throw in pasty white skin and freckles and you have yourself a career disaster.


    I love Justin. Long may he reign.


    Have a great weekend B and can't wait for next weeks round up after the Oscars. Plenty of QHF fodder there I'm sure.

     
  20. Miss Ash Says:
  21. What about Salma breastfeeding some other woman's kid?? Or was that last weeks news and I missed it....I caught the tale end of that story and have no idea why or what the heck happened there.

     
  22. Anonymous Says:
  23. Pinault looks a lot like Daniel Craig, so it's sort of like he's a movie star too..

    Salma Hayak = 1 hot mom

     
  24. Uuummm, yeah...My thoughts pretty much echo the thoughts of Heff.

    I also want to add that despite the unfortunate turn in Chris and Rhi-Rhi's relationship I still remain a "brownie" My daughter and I discussed the incident and we both agreed that we love Chris' music, videos and performances so evnthough I don't agree with the beat down he handed out to Rhi-Rhi I'm still going to continue to support him in his career.

     
  25. Grace Says:
  26. There's always lots of fun stuff happening in Hollywood... never a dull week.

    Has anybody else noticed that in that final pic, the girl's footsteps are in front of her? She's walking backwards. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

     
  27. Linda Says:
  28. mmmm beer for breakfast....anyway. Lohan is delusional if she thinks what she does is work. Love that Timberlake kid, he's got the boyish charm thing down pat. I really wish Kanye would stfu, he is annoying, kind of like a fruit fly. Happy Friday!!

     
  29. Wendy - You're probably right as Lindsay didn't elaborate on how long that Big Mac would last for her . . . as for McDonald's spokesman gigs, they are one of the few companies still killing it in this economy so I doubt they want Lohan anywhere near their brand. Ha.

    Jlee - I hope you're right about Rourke as I'm pulling for him (but if I was betting, I think I'd go w/ Penn right now). I dig that feather picture too as it just looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

    Romany Angel - You're probably right about the impending Hayek divorce, and if the guy is a billionaire then she will leave with a pretty penny which only makes her more desirable. Ha. As for Lohan, I think I grabbed an old pic of her as the last one I saw she was too tan and appeared orangish. Have a great weekend.

    Miss Ash - Please, I addressed that issue right away last week in QHF - you think I would have missed that? Ha. Happy Friday.

    Coffee - Hayek is definitely one hot mom, but Pinault as Daniel Craig seems like a stretch to me. Ha. I tend to like Craig . . .

    TrinabeingTrina - I think you can separate what Brown did from his songs/videos/etc., but I would imagine it has to slant the way you look at him moving forward, eh? Even though he doesn't have a history of that sort of thing, it was still pretty damn ugly. Happy Friday to you.

    Grace - That is some keen attention to detail you've got on that final pic as I was focused on other matters entirely within that shot. Ha. It is interesting that she's walking backwards, although I might be running if I was naked and in a desert so I didn't burn my skin off. Details, eh?

    Linda - Happy Friday to you. I agree completely about Lohan, remain mainly jealous of Timberlake, and on a wholly different note, am ready to watch the Oscars. Have a good weekend.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com