Followers

Blog Archive

North Dallas Birthday Blues

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Saturday, January 29, 2005

I figured I should post something on my 28th birthday even though I'm not in high spirits as I sit at my computer and work on finishing a large pot of Jack Daniels coffee (no alcohol included). Can you say celebration?

But what does it matter anyway?

I've always said that birthdays cease to be any fun once you hit 21, and if you can remember all the details of that night of debauchery then you didn't have a good enough time. You're simply lucky to survive the evening without throwing up, going home with an unattractive partner or waking up in jail. If you're really unlucky all three might happen in the same night.

Luckily, I managed to avoid that fate, and I plan on staying relatively low-key this year. The most pressing thing on my mind is our efforts to finish formatting our script in order to make the early deadlines for two screenwriting contests that expire on Jan 31st.

The script is clocking in around 120 pages right now, which seems excessive given that "Alexander" was supposedly a giant script at 130 pages. And look how well that turned out, eh?

So, I'm giving myself the rest of the day off from work, but come tomorrow, no hangover or general laziness shall prevent work from being done and the deadlines from being met. In the immortal words of Hunter S. Thompson "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

And I am nothing if not a professional.

-BDS




0 comments

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com