Followers

Blog Archive

Gambling Sounds Good To Me

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Wednesday, January 05, 2005

After watching a gutless performance by OU in the Orange Bowl last night I can only say that I knew it would happen. Call it a feeling, a vision or simply karma, but I just knew that those dogs from the Sooner state would embarrass themselves and the entire Big 12 conference over the course of a few hours.

Luckily, I had bet USC to win the game despite the prevailing pre-game wisdom that OU seemed certain to hand it to the Trojans. It's always a good feeling to be right and even better to turn your "knowledge" into cold hard cash that comes from fleecing your co-workers out of theirs. This windfall came quickly on the heels of a recent gambling binge in Vegas where I won 4 out of 5 bets split between the NFL and college bowl games.

It seems that gambling is everywhere these days, and the best part is that there's no longer any social stigma attached to it. It wasn't too many years ago when frequent gambling was on par with swearing in church or practicing beastiality. But those days are over, and a new golden age of gambling is upon us.

It's all over network and cable television as evidenced by shows like "Las Vegas," "Celebrity Poker," "World Series of Poker," and now ESPN is about to launch a new show "Tilt,"which is built entirely around gambling and features Michael Madsen of "Reservoir Dogs" fame as a stud poker player known by the astoundingly cool nickname of "The Matador."

I desperately wish I had somehow procured that nickname in high school, but life is full of missed opportunities. In the meantime, I plan to ride my winning streak at least until the Super Bowl is played and maybe I'll even bet on the NBA.

Life is good when you're on top of the gambling world. Things can turn on a dime, however, so I don't want to talk too much about it lest the bad karma of the Sooners come back to haunt me and put me in the poorhouse where I'll spend my days being chased down by sleazy bookies and their knee-capping friends.

- BDS

0 comments

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com