Followers

The Wino And I Know . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Wednesday, August 06, 2008

We've hit 100 degrees or higher in Austin more than 40 times this summer, so I feel more than ready to skip town for cooler climates.

That will happen later today when my wife and I leave for California. The plan calls for a start in San Francisco before spending time driving through the wine country and along the coast with stops in Sonoma, Healdsburg and Mendocino before returning to brave the heat once again.

It should an excellent reprieve, and the general plan calls for copious amounts of wine tasting, hiking along the coast, eating fresh seafood, sleeping, reading, taking pictures, massages, swimming and sloth.



I'll be behind on movies as "Pineapple Express" and "Tropic Thunder" open while I’m gone, however, I can always catch up on my return to the real world. Oh well, these things happen.


Everyone have a good few weeks as $2 Dollar Productions is on hiatus until August 18th when I'll return with lips stained with red wine and a smile on my face.

-BDS

14 comments

  1. Heff Says:
  2. NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING beats SLOTH !

    "Black Downey Jr" - You're killin' me, here !

     
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. I wish somebody would explain to me why seeing Robert Downey Jr. in black face is entertaining. I would also like somebody to explain to me how Stiller and Black are entertaining.

     
  5. Heff - You better believe it - sloth is on top of the mountain. I can't wait to see Downey Jr.

    WhatIgot - Downey Jr. is just a funny guy in general, and I guarantee you that seeing him in 'Thunder' will be funny (if the buzz is any indicator at all). Finally, Stiller and Black are funny in spurts and in the right role, although I generally like them in smaller doses.

     
  6. Jenny Says:
  7. I just saw a preview for that last night - in the old days, a movie with Ben Stiller was an automatic "yes".. nowadays I wait for reviews. However, have you looked at the cast? Massive cameos, including Tom Cruise.

    But who cares.... you're soooo outta there and off to one of my favorite places in the world; Northern California. Have a very slothy vacation! Cool air and lots of wineries.

     
  8. nobich Says:
  9. Oh you'll love it!!

     
  10. Linda Says:
  11. I love northern CA, I've done that trip a few times in August. You'll get a break from the heat and it's beautiful country. The roads are made for driving, check out the coast highways and the mountain roads. Fun stuff if you have the right car. Enjoy, the movies will be here when you get back!

     
  12. Grace Says:
  13. Have a drink or two for me. Hope the weather's cooler in California.

     
  14. vivavavoom Says:
  15. NICE trip!! love that part of the country. Mr. Viva and I have no kiddos this weekend so we actually may be seeing a new movie before you do...amazing!

    have a great time!

     
  16. Karen Says:
  17. Have a great vacation B...it sounds like a winner.

    Oh and if I may offer you some advice....with your movie star good looks, you should be in front of the camera, not behind it, and THAT's coming from an old chick. the young ones would LOVE you ;)

     
  18. UUGGHHHH!!! I'm so jealous. Wine and fresh seafood sounds absolutely delicious. You and your wife enjoy.

     
  19. Miss Ash Says:
  20. Have a great time!! How very Sideways of you....just watch out for fat naked men running in the street.

    Shockingly I will be seeing Tropic Thunder before you yay!!!

     
  21. JLee Says:
  22. Northern CA is some of the most beautiful countryside I have seen.
    Don't drink any fucking Merlot! ha
    Actually, I like Merlot...
    Enjoy!

    word verification: orgye (no kidding)

     
  23. Have a good trip. I hope the view is just like the first picture you posted.

     
  24. Anonymous Says:
  25. holy crap it's hot in Texas. You know in Africa they sometimes say 'It's hot like Texas' here. Truth is in parts of Africa its way hotter than TX, but I live in a plateau and usually it doesn't get over 80 where I live.

    But hey, Cali is good.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com