Followers

Quick Hit Friday . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Friday, August 22, 2008

"You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory. That's where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory." - Tim Robbins, "The Shawshank Redemption"


Despite being played into the ground on basic cable, "The Shawshank Redemption" is still a damn fine movie and one of the best on-screen friendships I've ever seen. But I have no time to ponder friends, enemies or anything else today as I have a training on our new product at work, a schedule which seems especially cruel on a Friday.

So, before I soak up new and exciting knowledge, let's look at the hard stories of the week such as:

Latin superstar Ricky Martin is the father of twin boys born by a surrogate mother.

The children were born a few weeks ago and are "already under Ricky's full-time care,'' according to a statement from his representatives. The statement gave no further details but said Martin, 36, ''will be spending the remainder of the year out of the public spotlight in order to spend time with his children.''


Concerning the surrogate mother, Martin commented that "She Bangs," however, I strongly doubt he knows for certain.

Malaysia's Islamic opposition party has urged the government to cancel a concert by Avril Lavigne, saying the Canadian singer's on-stage moves are "too sexy," an official said Monday.

The youth wing of the Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party said Lavigne's concert would promote wrong values ahead of Malaysia's Aug. 31 independence day.

"It is considered too sexy for us. ... It's not good for viewers in Malaysia," said Kamarulzaman Mohamed, a party official. "We don't want our people, our teenagers, influenced by their performance. We want clean artists, artists that are good role models."


The Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party also requested only "talented performers" be booked for future concerts.

US talk show host Ellen DeGeneres has married her long-time partner, actress Portia de Rossi, according to the Associated Press news agency.

DeGeneres' publicist confirmed reports that the couple tied the knot at their Beverly Hills home on Saturday. DeGeneres, 50, and De Rossi, 35, exchanged handwritten vows in a private ceremony attended by 19 guests, reported People and US magazine.


Somewhere in the world, Anne Heche is ruing her decision not to stay a lesbian.

Roseanne Barr used her personal website to slam Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt and Jolie's father, Jon Voight this week.

Calling Jolie the “evil spawn” of Voight and Pitt “vacuous,” Roseanne’s attack seems to be directed at the actress and her family members over their opinions regarding presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama.


I'm sure Barack Obama has been waiting for Barr's endorsement to boost him over-the-top in this tight election.

Christina Applegate says she has a clean bill of health after undergoing treatment for breast cancer.

"I'm clear," Applegate tells ABC News' "Good Morning America" in an interview Tuesday. "Absolutely 100 percent clear and clean. It did not spread. They got everything out, so I'm definitely not going to die from breast cancer."


I'm glad Applegate received the good news as I have enjoyed her work since "Married with Children" and while I'm no doctor, I'd be happy to give her my own personal clean bill of health, which varies slightly from the traditionally restrictive medical journals.

Jessica Simpson is now selling beer as the singer/actress has signed on as spokeswoman for Stampede Light Plus, made by Dallas' Stampede Brewing Co.

Simpson will appear in ads in stores for the beer and is taking a 15 percent stake in the brewer. Lawrence Schwartz, Stampede's president and chief executive, says Simpson is the now face of the brand.


For a 15% stake, I think I'd negotiate some of Simpson's other attributes to go along with the face.

As always, let's end with a gold image:


It's not a bad thing to be joined at the hip, especially when you're naked. So, find yourself a good partner, stretch thoroughly before navigating complex movements and . . . Happy Friday!

-BDS

18 comments

  1. Miss Ash Says:
  2. I'm certainly not a speedo kind of gal....but those two can certainly pull that shit off....I think I'm changing my mind!!

    Happy Friday!

     
  3. Heff Says:
  4. Shawshank is one of my favs as well.

    As far as Ricky Martin goes, anything that keeps him from performing is a "plus" to me.

    Regarding Avril Lavigne, The first time I hear that Madonna is performing in Malaysia, I'm gonna raise hell.

    Does Ellen DeGeneres pitch, or catch ? Just curious.

    This is probably the FIRST (and last) time I'll ever agree with Roseanne Barr.

    Great to hear that about Christina Applegate, as her breasts are one of my primary concerns.

    I'll have to start my own personal stampede to find the "Stampede Light Plus" for a beer review on my blog. A Jessica Simpson lifesize cardboard cutout may be in order....

    As far as your last recommendation, I'M ON IT !

    Have a great weekend.

     
  5. I was thinking the same thing about Avril Lavigne lacking talent, so you hit that one right on the head.

    The Ricky Martin thing is slightly disturbing. I really hope we're not hearing way too much about these twins in another twenty years.

    And, I'm with everyone else who has expressed concern over Christina Applegate's breasts. I've been a fan of those for a long time.

     
  6. nobich Says:
  7. Happy Friday!!

     
  8. Linda Says:
  9. Shawshank on my all time favorites list as well. What a potpouri in celebrity news this week! And BTW, who the hell cares what Roseanne Barr thinks? I know I don't. All I can picture is Angelina Jolie laughing her ass off if she ever got wind of those remarks. I'm guessing she's got other things to think about. Happy Friday!

     
  10. Jenny Says:
  11. ahhhh, Shawshank, that may need to watched this weekend. I love the scene in the rain. Visually, one of the best shots to recreate after leaving the boxing gym in a down pour.

    I really like Christina Applegate's new show -it's worth a watch and when I read the news about her cancer, I became a bigger fan.

    Poor Roseanne Barr - she reminds me so much of the other "Rosie" - big mouth and not so smart.

    Have yourself a great weekend!

     
  12. Miss Ash - Speedos are not a good thing under any circumstances outside of athletic competition - maybe. Ha. And I would bet money that Ricky Martin is less than straight (although I'm not sure about his friend).

    Heff - I appreciate the detail. Shawshank is great stuff indeed, great plus pun, I don't want to know that about Ellen as I am fine being in the dark, and you definitely need to review the beer for your blog. I'l let you know if I start seeing it being sold. Have a great weekend.

    Native Minnow - You and me both on Applegate as she was part of my formative years without a doubt. And I agree fully about Martin and Lavigne as disturbing is a fine description.

    Nobich - Happy Friday to you.

    Linda - That was the first time I'd thought about Roseanne being alive in a long, long time, so maybe that was the point. Ha. And if I were Jolie and Pitt then I would be laughing all the time at how good things were for me. Have a great weekend (I'm going to catch up on movies).

    Anonymous Boxer - Have a great weekend yourself, and I know what you mean about that Shawshank scene. Stellar work. And I heard that Applegate was good on Samantha Who (Emmy nom I think), but havent' seen it. And the less said about Rosanne the better in my book.

     
  13. BostonPobble Says:
  14. I actually went and looked up Roseanne's blog. She seems saner than a lot I've read. Still, don't think I need to bookmark her. Have a great weekend.

     
  15. vivavavoom Says:
  16. have a great weekend. been out of the entertainment loop so now I am caught up. what did the jolie/pitt clan say about Obama? and please tell me Roseanne will not be at the DNC this week? ugh!

     
  17. BostonPobble - Wow. That is some dedicated research, so I'll take your word for it. I think I read that she toned down her original comments on the blog this week too, but can't remember exactly. In Hollywood, she could actually be one of the more reasonable ones, although the bar is pretty low I guess.

    Vivavavoom - I can't imagine she'll be there & luckily Edwards is staying away too. As for Jolie/Pitt, I think they said (or at least one) that they weren't sure who they were voting for or something undeclared like that. Have fun with all the convention hoopla out your way.

     
  18. I have to agree about Shawshank being a great movie.

    Ricky Martin spending the remainder of the year out of the public spotlight? Well I didn't know the paparazzi was banging down his freakin door.(give me a break)

    I can understand why Ellen Degeneres is a lesbian. Look at her but why DeRossi? Anyway...

    The last image was quite interesting.

     
  19. h Says:
  20. Dude....the Applegate comment...not appropriate.

     
  21. TrinabeingTrina - I have to agree about Martin, but maybe it's different outside of the U.S. As for the last image, I found it eye-catching and somewhat pleasing, so interesting seems good to me too. Ha.

    TheTroll - Fair enough as the first part of the statement was the more accurate piece with the latter wandering off in another direction. Regardless, I'm glad she has been given a clean bill of health.

     
  22. Anonymous Says:
  23. As a Canadian, I feel I must apologize for Ms. Lavigne. But knowing that she lives in the US gives me much relief. She's you're problem now!

     
  24. Hermes Says:
  25. Is it me or is the Gold Image getting racier? Not complaining, of course, just wondering if it's a conscious thing.

     
  26. Karen Says:
  27. Ooops...I'm a little late B...sorry.

    You and Heff both crack me up and now I'm having a hard time picking my usual favourite quip. Hmmm...I think the "She Bangs" comment might just be ahead of the pack.

    Was Ricky Martin still even IN the spotlight? I haven't thought about him in years however he does nicely fill out a pair of speedos and so does his friend just quietly.

    I have always loved Christina Applegate and am thrilled she has received a clean bill of health.

    Hope you had a great weekend.

     
  28. WhatIgot - Don't get too smug as she might get homesick and then boomerang back to you. That's my hope. Ha.

    Getoffmylawn - I prefer to think of it as a natural evoluation. Ha. I started out with pictures of big breasts and then largely ran out of finding more images. So, I moved into the black and white erotic photography circuit and found a good website with loads of material.

    Gypsy - I'm glad you made it by for QHF. I just found the Martin story very funny for some reason. Ha. I had a good weekend and I hope you did the same.

     
  29. Joanna Cake Says:
  30. Shawshank Redemption. Right up there in my top ten films of all time. Magnificent.

    For once, I actually know all the people mentioned in Quick Fit Friday. Im not sure if this is good or bad :)

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com