Followers

Blog Archive

Weird Wild Stuff That Pays

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Thursday, February 10, 2005

Just when I was feeling lost and adrift a bizarre offer came from nowhere to shake up my world and cause my priorities to adjust.

It all started with an email (thanks Gabrielle) asking for male fitness models who would be interested in appearing in a coffee table book. It was described as something akin to an Abercrombie & Fitch catalogue - i.e. a bunch of shirtless guys playing sports or shooting pool or lounging around - minus the vaguely creepy underage aspect.

So, I sent some pictures into this photographer and he called me last night. He said that he definitely wants to shoot me for the book and that if I was a few inches taller I could be doing runway work.

Anyway, he's going to L.A. to shoot something, and then he's coming to Texas at the end of February to meet with me and go over details of the shoot, which he thinks will be in March or April. I suppose the warmer weather means less hard nipples or something.

In addition, he told me that this group from NYC, The Lyons Agency, does all the major booking for fitness shoots across the U.S. and they will be hosting a convention in May in Dallas for $700 for the weekend.

However, he said I don't have to pay that fee and he'll take me to meet the head guy in his hotel suite downtown for FREE.

It's certainly an odd situation, but at the very least the book will be a cool thing to do and something I can have sitting on my coffee table if for no other reason than it will be one less copy that will be sitting in gay bathhouses across the country.

Weird stuff, but at the very least it will be worth a story or two, and besides I've always said when the going gets weird the weird turn pro.

That being said, however, does this seem strange to anyone else?

-BDS

2 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. I had no idea you were so damn funny! I am more then a bit concerned about the obvious pimp situation that will occur when you go to this hotel room, as a gay man (male model) you should know about the problem women face... FREE this or FREE that results in SEX, yeah and dont say that you said no either! what did you expect letting everyone see your nipples?!

     
  3. If there's no such thing as a free lunch then how come I once walked out of a Taco Bell with two burritos that I did not pay for with American money? The subsequent trips to the bathroom for the remainder of the day were also without charge.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com