Followers

Quick Hit Friday . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Friday, August 20, 2010

“I could have killed 'em all, I could kill you. In town you're the law, out here it's me.” – Sly Stallone, ‘Rambo: First Blood’


I had to give some acknowledgment to Sly for coming in Number 1 last week at the box office with ‘The Expendables.’ At some point, I will see that guilty pleasure, probably at the theater in town where you can get a beer along with your movie ticket.

Personally, I’ll try to stay above the law this weekend, but before I hit the door by 4 p.m. and brave the 103 degree temperature, let’s look at the hard stories of the week such as:

Mel Gibson was uninjured after crashing his sports car into a Malibu hillside this week.

Gibson's spokesman Alan Nierob said that the actor-director was doing fine, and that authorities do not suspect alcohol was involved.


Road rage against women, Jews, African-Americans, whores and people in general, however, has not been ruled out as a cause.

Betty White announced this week that she will write two books reflecting on everything from aging, sex and her animal friends at the zoo.

"Much as I love what I do for a living in show business, I love writing even more -- so I am thrilled to be working on not only one new book but two of them," White said.


I would follow White almost anywhere – except if she combines sex, aging and animals into a singular story. I sincerely hope that is not the case.

Michael Douglas announced he has throat cancer and will undergo eight weeks of radiation and chemotherapy this week.

Douglas is expected to make a full recovery, and told People.com he's "very optimistic."


I really hope that is the case because nobody says “Greed is good” quite as well as Douglas.

Heidi Montag’s plastic surgeon, Dr. Frank Ryan, was killed in a single-car accident Monday in Los Angeles.

Ryan performed 10 plastic surgery procedures on Montag, 23, in one day last year.

"I am devastated to hear the news of Dr. Frank Ryan's death," Montag wrote on Twitter. "He was the most amazing person I have ever known. He was an angel and changed my life and the lives of everyone he met. He was the most brilliant talented surgeon who will ever exist. Dr. Frank Ryan changed the world."


I refuse to laugh at anyone’s untimely demise, but Montag is another matter entirely, so I think her statement is a bit grandiose and “Dr. Frank Ryan changed my entire face and body so much that my own mother doesn’t even recognize me” is actually more accurate.

‘Jersey Shore’ star Snooki was charged with disorderly conduct and creating a public nuisance at a court hearing this, but prosecuters also added another charge to her list: annoying people on a beach.

Seriously. That is a crime in New Jersey.

Snooki’s attorney, however, entered not guilty pleas to all three charges, which relate to an arrest July 30 for being intoxicated in public.


Snooki better hope that the judge doesn’t allow the prosecution to show every single episode of ‘Jersey Shore’ or she will be found guilty as charged for annoying people on the beach, on the street and virtually anywhere on the planet.

Steven Tyler -- frontman for Aerosmith, - was officially added as an "American Idol" judge this week.


Fox had planned to add a female judge following the departure of Paula Abdul and Ellen Degeneres over the past two years, however, in their negotiation meetings, Tyler’s reps kept insisting that the ‘Dude Looks Like a Lady.’

As always, let’s end with a gold image or two:



I’m all about secrets and today, I guess dark hair is dominating the action. So, whisper sweet nothings to a friend of your choice, don’t concern yourself with putting on all your clothes and . . . Happy Friday!

-BDS

6 comments

  1. wigsf Says:
  2. If Betty White's book is about growing up in St. Olaf, I would totally read that book.

     
  3. Heff Says:
  4. I'll bet Betty White had a SMOKIN' hot bod back in the day.

    Save your movie money for September 3rd - when MACHETE opens.

    For the first time in YEARS, Heff WILL be at the theater for that one !!

     
  5. BostonPobble Says:
  6. Happy Friday, $$. I will try not to be too jealous of your triple digit temperatures but I make no promises. Apparently, we should expect snow flurries within the next 2-3 weeks.

     
  7. That's a shame about Michael Douglas. I hate to hear about stuff like that happening to anybody. I hope he beats it.

     
  8. Miss Ash Says:
  9. I love Betty, she's so cute and funny! I never watch SNL but I saw the episode with her and the whole "muffin" sketch was hilarious!

    As for Steven Tyler...really??? I thought he was a rockstar...WTF??? I don't even understand how that show is still on the air and I watch shitty TV!

     
  10. JLee Says:
  11. For a minute there I thought that quote was from Mel Gibson instead of Rambo...easy mistake. ha
    Happy Fri...well, Tuesday.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com