Followers

Quick Hit Friday . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Friday, May 21, 2010

"English motherfucker, do you speak it?" - Samuel L. Jackson, 'Pulp Fiction'


Nearly the entire 'Pulp' movie is quotable, but for some reason, this line delivered with feeling courtesy of Jackson, came to me this week, mostly out of the blue.

Anyway, I will speak to as few people as possible today, and hope I can vacate the office by 4:30 p.m. if things break my way. Until then, however, let's look at the hard stories of the week such as:

Jesse James announced his first interview this week since the break-up of his failed marriage with Sandra Bullock.

James will give his first on-camera interview to ABC "Nightline" correspondent Vicki Mabrey, and the segment will air May 25, according to the Hollywood Reporter.


James will prepare for the interview by shaving his Hitler mustache, however, I doubt he'll drop any 'Bombshells' during the sit-down.

A California judge issued an arrest warrant for Lindsay Lohan Thursday after the actress missed a mandatory court hearing for a "progress report" on her probation from a pair of 2007 arrests on drug and alcohol charges.

Lohan was stuck in Cannes, France due to a stolen passport, according to her lawyer.

"She should have made sure she either didn't go Cannes or made sure to be back two days earlier," said the judge.


The problem was that two days earlier Lohan had traded her passport to someone inside a French nightclub for an 8-ball of cocaine.

In other Lohan news, Lindsay denied having a new girlfriend this week after a New York Post report had the starlet dating a 36-year-old photographer named Indrani.

Lohan told UsMagazine.com, "No, no, no ... In NO way am I dating her."

Indrani said: "We have been spending a lot of time together. I have never had a relationship with a woman before, but Lindsay is just somebody who I find fascinating, gorgeous and extremely smart, as well as super-hot.”


If Indrani finds Lohan “fascinating, gorgeous and extremely smart” then I have to believe that they have never net, and thus cannot possibly be in a relationship.

Rachel Uchitel – one of Tiger Wood’s mistresses – will pose for Playboy magazine.

According to TMZ, Uchitel will shoot the spread in 3 weeks time, although her contract does allow her to pull out anytime before that.


The preceding paragraph had enough double entendres inserted, so I’ll forsake adding to it despite a strong inclination to insert a 'Woods' joke to the mix.

Megan Fox threatened a photographer this week after someone leaked an image of her topless on the web.

The snapper allegedly took pictures of her topless on a camera phone as she filmed her latest role as a circus sideshow performer in the forthcoming ‘Passion Play.’

Fox told Allure magazine: "If I knew who took this picture, I would personally cause them harm – physical harm…"


OK. I admit it – it was me. Please have Fox contact me at her earliest convenience and we’ll schedule time for her to throttle me.

John Travolta and Kelly Preston said Tuesday night they "are expecting a new addition to our family."

The 47-year-old Preston is pregnant, People.com reported. "It's impossible to keep a secret ... especially one as wonderful as this. We are expecting a new addition to our family," the pair wrote on their Web site.


In the past, Travolta & Preston have described the addition of a new Travolta toupee with the same exact words.

As always, let’s end with a gold image or two:



Sometimes I like to strip down and hang out in the closet. Who doesn’t? So, enjoy yourself wherever you might roam today, spend some time with friends and . . . Happy Friday!

{Editor's Note: I will be catching up on blogs this weekend.}

-BDS

9 comments

  1. nobich Says:
  2. Hey!! Happy Friday!! & glad the new job is working out.

     
  3. Miss Ash Says:
  4. First of all I love love love Pulp Fiction AND Mr. Jackson! I think he's the cats ass.....what is that supposed to mean anyway Ha!

    As for James, who cares really? I watch a lot of shitty TV but I don't need to sit and watch some grown man cry about how he "made a mistake" blah blah blah. Nobody cares buddy!

     
  5. Heff Says:
  6. I'm too distraught over Lindsay's horrible life choices to leave a proper comment this week, but I HAVE noticed you're already starting to creep out of work earlier on Fridays at this gig too. If you get caught, just make sure you've got your passport on ya !

    Have a great weekend, BDS.

     
  7. Linda Says:
  8. Oh Lindsay, Lindsay, Lindsay.... wonder if she used "the dog ate my homework" back in the day. Not very creative, but I was glad to see she was busy searching every party yacht in Cannes looking for that passport. I'm due to rewatch Pulp Fiction, love that movie!! Thanks for the reminder. Have a great weekend and Happy Friday!

     
  9. JLee Says:
  10. "cat's ass" lol Miss Ash.
    I was thinking when I saw that last pic of how my coworker had to get in the closet yesterday with her dogs due to a tornado headed toward her house (she's fine) I guess that's not what you meant though. ha

    Have a good weekend and good luck on the sneaking out early (Heff has a good point ;)

     
  11. Jenny Says:
  12. yay! 4:30. EARLY!

    Pulp Fiction is still one of my favorite movies, despite the fact that I typcially don't like violent movies.

    I'm just a little sad Lohan posted her bail money and won't be handcuffed at customs. Boo.

    You're missed during the week, but totally understand that unlike most bloggers.... you have a real job. :-)

    Have a great weekend.

     
  13. BostonPobble Says:
  14. Happy Friday, $$.

     
  15. I've been thinking about Pulp Fiction a lot lately too for some reason. Maybe it's time for a re-watch. Oddly enough, that's one Tarantino movie I don't own, even though it's probably my favorite of his.

    Have you seen the 'Extra Pulp' t-shirt you can purchase on Threadless? I bought it. The only problem is that it's very orange. Check the link:

    http://www.pulpconnection.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/extra-pulp-threadless.gif

     
  16. Nobich - Happy Friday to you and thanks on the job as it's getting better each day.

    Miss Ash - You and me both. I even like the cats ass expression. Ha. Migh have to use that one. I don't want to watch James either, although I wouldn't mind seeing a few excerpts as I think I read that cries. Shocking. Happy Friday.

    Heff - It's OK to cry Heff. You're still a man in my book. Ha. And nice attentin to detail. I figure i might as well set the precedent that I will not be at my desk at 5 pm on a Friday early on . . . then they can't come back later and say I didn't give them fair warning. And strangely enough, I just sent off this week to renew my passport. Happy Friday Heff.

    LInda - I'm overdue for a 'Pulp' watch myself. Can't wait until it hits Blu Ray as well. Lindsay is going to end up broke and in jail and the only question is which will happen first (or simultaneously). Happy Friday Linda.

    Jlee - I snuck out early and that's always a good precedent. Ha. I also like the cats ass line myself. Happy Friday Jlee.

    Boxer - I have an autographed 'Pulp' poster signed by Jackson, Travolta, Willis and the producer. It's framed and I won it in a raffle way back before Pulp got so famous (so like '95') or so. I love it. And I can't wait to get back to weekly activity on this blog and others that I like to read as I don't feel like I doing anything that well right now, and can't wait until I get on top of things once again. It will happen . . . Happy Friday Boxer.

    Bostonpobble - Great to see you around . . . Happy Friday to you wherever your travels have taken you.

    Native Minnow - Thanks for the link - I will definitely check that out. See my Boxer comment above on my Pulp merchanise (my greatest lucky win of my life). And you really need to own 'Pulp' - it's a moral imperative. Happy Friday Minnow.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com