Followers

Quick Hit Good Friday . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Friday, April 02, 2010

"I learn plenty, yeah, I learned how to sand your decks maybe. I washed your car, paint your house, paint your fence." - Ralph Machhio, "The Karate Kid"


I'm not sure why I was thinking of the 'Kid' this week. Maybe it was because I recently noticed that they were adding a new installment with Will Smith's kid in it, which seems like a bad idea all the way around. Oh well, it seemed like a bad idea for Daniel to perform all that manual labor for Mr. Miyagi too, but it paid off in the end.

I have no pay-off in mind today except that it's Good Friday, so let's hope that it's good for everyone, and look at the hard stories of the week such as:

Jesse James checked himself into a rehab center this week in the latest entry in his rapidly dissolving marriage to Sandra Bullock.

"Jesse checked himself into a treatment facility to deal with personal issues," his rep said in a statement to People.com. "He realized that this time was crucial to help himself, help his family and help save his marriage."


Rehab Lesson #1: Don't cheat on your extremely popular wife with trashy babes linked to White Power groups. Lesson #2 - repeat lesson #1 dumb-ass.

Ricky Martin confirmed this week that he was gay.

Martin broke the news on his blog, and wrote: "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."


For me, Martin confirmed he was gay many years ago when the above pictures surfaced.

Erykah Badu released a new music video this week where she appears naked and uses the Dealy Plaza in Dallas as the backdrop for her nude stroll.

During the video, there is an edited-in sound of a rifle shot, and Badu falls to the ground within feet of where President John F. Kennedy was shot. Badu said in an interview Monday that the video for "Window Seat" was a "protest" and "about liberating yourself."


Badu was lucky to to be filmed at all since the original photographer had technical issues, but there was a second shooter behind the grassy knoll who captured the footage.

According to TMZ.com this week, police officers who routinely come into contact with Lindsay Lohan have reportedly considered forcing the 23-year-old starlet to get help.

Officers who have encountered Lindsay during her late nights and early mornings of partying said they have been concerned about her “erratic behavior” and “attitude,” TMZ reported, and one night “cops became so concerned they discussed taking her in for a 5150 evaluation.”

Lohan disagreed.

“I’m working and healthy,” Lindsay told Gossip Cop after a report from TMZ had her headed for disaster.


"Working on getting my party on - woo-hoo!" Lohan shouted and then ran away laughing to herself.

Kate Gosselin got into a filmed spat with her dance instructor - Tony Dovolani - over his teaching methods this week on 'Dancing With the Stars.'

“Can you just show me? We don’t have enough time. I’m stressed!” Gosselin told Dovolani.

“Really? Then why don’t you start to pay attention to my teaching then,” he responded. “It’s like really? You’re telling me how to teach you how to dance? That’s what I do for a living.”

After Gosselin proclaimed, “I’m done. I’m done today,” Dovolani agreed. “I’ve been mister nice guy. I’m done,” he said, and mouthed “I quit” to the cameras.


Dovolani later received sympathy basket from Gosselin's 8 children with a note reading: "Please don't send her home yet."

Former 'Dawson's Creek' star James Van Der Beek finalized his divorce to Heather Ann McComb on Monday.


McComb finally requested the divorce after Van Der Beek refused to stop allowing girls to climb through their bedroom window late at night.

As always, let's end with a gold image or three:




Sometimes it's just as good before you completely unwrap something. So, remember that when it comes to Easter candy, find all your eggs and . . . Happy Good Friday!

-BDS

12 comments

  1. Linda Says:
  2. I think Jesse James checked into rehab to stay away from Bullock, as I'm guessing she'd kick his ass if she were in the same room with him. If Lohan is healthy, why does she look like she's 40? Kate Gosselin is the most painful person to watch on DWTS. Not only is she a bad dancer, but she looks terrified. Even the judges told the "celebrities" to stop arguing with their pros. She seems like an enormous pain in the ass. Have a great weekend and Happy Friday!!

     
  3. Jenny Says:
  4. ahahaha to Linda's comment about Jesse James. I'd kick his ass too. I'm sooooo tired of rich people f-ing up and then hiding in rehab.

    I'd pay to watch a meteor drop on Kate Gosselin. That's pretty bad, isn't it?

    Happy Good Friday and Easter to you and the Mrs.Bucks.

    How's the new job?

     
  5. Heff Says:
  6. To begin, Ralph Machhio WAX OFF !

    Re : Jesse James - These guys "checking in to rehab" for cheating, KILL ME ! It's absolutely ridiculous, and they're only doing it to save face. "Yes, my name is Heff, I'd like to check in. I'M ADDICTED TO PUSSY." Please.

    I've wondered if Ricky Martin was queer ever since that interview where he had to pull a cock out of his mouth so he could answer questions....

    Excellent Kennedy joke for Erykah Badu. I'd love to see her brains splattered, but that's just me.

    Lohan is just a total TRAIN WRECK now, and I can't wait for the wreckage to completely fly off the rails !

    "Can you just show me? We don’t have enough time. I’m stressed!” - Isn't that what Kate use to tell John in the bedroom ?!?

    And regarding Mcomb & Mr. Dawson's Creek, "She don't want to wait.... for their lives to be over...", lol !

    And in closing, PICTURE # 2 Has Heff in SUSPENSE !

    Happy Egg weekend, BDS !

     
  7. BostonPobble Says:
  8. I'm torn about the Karate Kid remake. On the negative: it's a Karate Kid remake. On the positive: Jackie Chan. And nobody does what Jackie Chan does better than Jackie Chan. Guess we'll see. Have a good weekend, $$.

     
  9. Miss Ash Says:
  10. I don't get why they all check themselves into Rehab after cheating....like "oh she might want me back now"...ummm no thanks!

    Oksy so don't judge me but I started to watch Dancing with the Stars for the 1st time ever.....how the fuck is that woman still on the show at all???

     
  11. Hermes Says:
  12. Lesson #2. Ha. Hollywood is a weird place.

     
  13. Savannah Says:
  14. I hope Sandra doesn't take that scum bag back. Rehab seems to be the hideout of choice when these cheating husbands don't want to face the music. With all their money they could go anywhere...why rehab?

    I just wanted to wish you and Mrs $2 a very Happy Easter. Don't eat too many eggs and ruin that buff body will you? :)

     
  15. JLee Says:
  16. I am tired of all this rehab nonsense too. Any retarded behavior ends up with someone in rehab (which in some cases is probably warranted) Secondly, I'm with Miss Ash because Kate Gosselin is a HORRIBLE dancer and should have gotten booted, but didn't. Go figure. Hope you had a great Easter weekend...

     
  17. wigsf Says:
  18. I'm pretty sure Jackie Chan is playing Mr. Miyagi in this new Karate Kid. So that's what his career has come to, playing the new Mr. Miyagi.

    Eh, who needs Jackie Chan anymore. Isn't that Ong Bak guy (Tony Jaa or something) got a new movie out soon?

     
  19. Linda - Ha on James/Bullock as I'm just tired of celebs running to rehab. It's nonsense. James is in trouble . . . And yeah, Lohan looks rough & so does her entire family. They all look about twice their actual ages. Gosellin is an enormous pain the ass - I guarantee it. Happy Belated Friday.

    Boxer - I know. Jesse James & Rehab - pitiful pandering. Agree with you exactly on that point. I might do the same with Gosselin if you included her ex husband in the mix. Hope you had a good Easter & we certainly did.

    Heff - Always appreciate the detail, so whatever happened to Macchio, yeah the whole sex rehab thing is absolutely ridiculous and pitiful for everyone involved, ouch on Ricky as it was no big surprise to anyone, agree about Lohan, thanks on Baydu as I didn't even like the story but came up with the joke right away, nice one about Kate/Jon, maybe Butlik should play the theme to Dawson's Creek in your next set list, ha, and Happy Belated Friday Heff.

    Bostonpobble - I didn't even realize that was Chan until you said so. He might be good, but he can't replace the one & only Pat Moriata as Mr. Miyagi for me. :) Happy Belated Friday Pobble.

    Miss Ash - Agree on the rehab thing as it is just a pitiful measure that won't work (maybe with Tiger Woods though, eh?). And I know a ton of people who watch 'Dancing,' and I hear that Gosselin is terrible, but on that show, talent alone (or lack thereof) doesn't seem to keep you on or off from what I can tell. Happy Belated Friday.

    GOML - You said it, but without the weirdness, QHF wouldn't exist so I choose to just laugh at it. Ha. Happy Belated Friday.

    Gypsy - I doubt Bullock will take him back. Unlike Tiger's wife, she seems to have a stronger backbone . . . and I'll contain myself w/ the eggs or log extra gym time for vanity or health reasons or something. Ha. Happy Belated Friday Gypsy.

    Jlee - Hope you had a great Easter & the whole Hollywood rehab culture is just kind of distasteful to me. It feels like a shame or performance most of the time. Gossellin won't last too much longer on 'Dancing' - will she? Probably not. Happy Belated Friday.

    *(#^&% - Thanks for dropping by & wish I could decipher your message. Happy Belated Friday nonetheless.

    WIGSF - I saw a preview w/ Jaa & he does seem like a badass. Didn't even realize that was Chan until Pobble mentioned it in the comments section. I think Chan is starting to wind down his career & give it over to people like Jaa to jump through walls. Maybe. Happy Belated Friday.

     
  20. nobich Says:
  21. Hey I missed out on Friday- Hope the weekend/ holiday was great. I'm all chocolated out.

     
  22. Nobich - You and me both. Ha. Thanks for coming by & Happy Belated Friday to you.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com