Followers

Blog Archive

Quick Hit Friday . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Friday, September 05, 2008

"I mean, I've heard that women do fake orgasms, but I've never seen it... It really, deeply upset me." - Russell Brand, "Forgetting Sarah Marshall"


I concur, and think this might still be an urban legend or something that happens with all the frequency of a lunar eclipse. But let's not dwell too deeply on the subject when there are news stories to report such as:

Britney Spears will be opening the 25th annual edition of the MTV VMAs on Sunday at Paramount Studios in Hollywood, according to MTV's website. But this time the pop singer won't be performing as her role for the remains somewhat mysterious and undefined.

"MTV has long played an important role in my career," Spears said in a statement. "How can I not be there to kick off their 25th VMAs? I'm excited to open the entire show, to say hi to my fans and to be nominated."


Body glitter, snakes and Madonna have also played a large role, and if Spears can somehow combine all three into this show, then I will definitely tune in to watch.

Teenage mother Jamie Lynn Spears is reaching out to show her support to Bristol Palin, the daughter of John McCain's VP, Sarah Palin. It was reported that Jamie Lynn ordered a gift from the Beverly Hills baby store Petit Tresor to be sent to 17 year-old Bristol.


I believe the gift in question was an advance copy of Lynne Spear's forthcoming book on quality parenting.

James Gandolfini and Deborah Lin exchanged vows during a marriage ceremony in Honolulu on Saturday, People magazine reports.

"The Sopranos" star and the 40-year-old model were married at the Central Union Church in the bride's hometown, a wedding guest told the magazine.


Gandolfini wrote his own vows, which included his promise to "love and cherish Lin - my angel - unless you rat me or my family out to the Feds and in that case, you're dead."

Oscar-winning British actress Helen Mirren said she used to love cocaine, but stopped taking the drug after learning that a Nazi war criminal profited from the trade, according the British GQ magazine.

The 63-year-old, who won an Academy Award for her role in "The Queen," was quoted as saying:

"I loved coke. I never did a lot, just a little bit at parties. But what ended it for me was when they caught (Nazi war criminal) Klaus Barbie, the Butcher of Lyon, in the early 80s. He was hiding in South America and living off the proceeds of being a cocaine baron. And I read that in the paper, and all the cards fell into place, and I saw how my little sniff of cocaine at a party had an absolute direct route to this ... horrible man in South America."


But Mirren did add that she misses the little white rails because "it made sex so much better."

Usher is preparing an intimate tour for ladies only as the R&B singer revealed in a recent interview with the Associated Press that he will soon announce details of his "One Night Stand" tour.

Usher said he relishes the challenge as "There's only a few artists that can pull that off. I feel like I've had such a connection with my audience. This album, I felt like, was definitely the type of one that was more intimate. So what better way to get up close and personal than to make it all women?"


In response, Clay Aiken immediately announced he would be embarking on a male-only tour or as it used to be called - Saturday night.

An anti-Scientology group plans to stage a protest when Katie Holmes takes to the stage for her Broadway debut next month to protest the religion and rescue Holmes "before it's too late."


The former "Dawson's Creek" star is due to begin her run in Arthur Miller's "All My Sons" at New York's Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre on October 16.

I've got news for the protest group's efforts to save Holmes: It's too late.
But it's never too late for a stellar image, so let's end with this:


It's still hot enough to sweat easily in Austin even if you're not wearing clothes. If you do find yourself covered in profuse moisture, keep a firm hand on your balls, keep your posture intact and . . . Happy Friday!

-BDS

18 comments

  1. JLee Says:
  2. Russell Brand is too funny and I can't wait to see him and Britney paired up at the VMAs. The promos are pretty good. I'm just glad she's not "singing" ha
    Have a great weekend :)

     
  3. Heff Says:
  4. Damn, I've got nothin' today ! Have a good weekend.

     
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. I've heard the Vegas odds for Britney spontaneously combusting during the VMAs is 25 to 1.

    I've said it before, I'll say it again. In Alaska, there isn't much for teenagers to do other than screw, so teenage pregnancy can't really be seen as a bad thing up there.

    I thought it was Paulie who was into the Asian chicks.

    I guess Helen Mirren is sticking solely to toad-licking these days.

    What self-respecting man would go to an Usher concert these days anyway? On his last tour, the only guys there were security and bored boyfriends.

    Can't we just kidnap Tom Cruise instead and throw him in a hole?

    Why can't I ever find a woman like that to play bocce with?

     
  7. Miss Ash Says:
  8. A ladies only concert...I likey!!!

    Have a great weekend!

     
  9. Miss Ash Says:
  10. Wait...that sounded a little ummm...you know what I mean, hot sexy sweaty Usher yummmy!

     
  11. Jlee - I liked Brand in 'Marshall' and am interested to see what he does with the VMAs as I think it's got great potential. I've seen one promo and it does look good. Enjoy the hell out of your birthday weekend.

    Heff - Heff, are you hung over? Ha. That's OK, and have a good weekend on the deck.

    WhatIgot - I appreciate the detail. I would bet those odds but somehow think Britney might pull it off this time, toad-licking is not a crime, I have no desire to go to any Usher concert, the hole wouldn't have to be very big for Cruise and those women who can play a mean game of Bocce and look like that are few and far between.

    TheTroll - But the 'Hugs not Drugs' slogan was so damn catchy. Maybe it wasn't so effective, eh? And I like the pic as well as you can think of it as redemption for the last review. Ha.

    Miss Ash - I like the thought of a ladies-only concert too (if I was there too). Ha. And thanks for the clarification although I didn't need the sweaty part to get the picture.

     
  12. Karen Says:
  13. Well bugger me...I managed to arrive when it's even still Friday in Oz. Yay me!

    You gotta love Helen Mirren and her British sensibilities - "I saw how my little sniff of cocaine at a party had an absolute direct route to this ... horrible man in South America." Horrible man? That would be classified as cursing to that classy lady. Love it.

    Speaking of love it, that's a fab pic at the end but can I just appeal one more time for a little man action....PLEASE. I know, I know...you're not going to do it but I have to try for the sisterhood :)


    Happy birthday JLee! Have a great weekend $2.

     
  14. Gypsy - Just missed you in Cyberspace & thanks for the promptness this week. Ha. I also like Mirren and her walk of talking as that was a great interview. Finally, I found a picture that actually has a guy in it if you squint very hard & I WILL post it next week. Promise.
    Have a great weekend.

     
  15. When I read about Usher's plan, my first thought was that if he were female and it was a concert for males only, somebody somewhere would be suing him, his record label and the venue.

     
  16. Jenny Says:
  17. When I grow up, I want to be Helen Mirren. Or maybe I just want her body.

    Thank God for your Quick Hit Fridays - it's so nice to take a break from politics and just read some fluffy stuff. Bless you.

    Have a fab weekend.

     
  18. nobich Says:
  19. Happy Friday...

     
  20. Wendy - You are correct as the flip side of that plan would produce outrage, indignation and lawsuits. Selah. Regardless, I won't be attending. ha.

    Anonymous Boxer - I'm glad QHF could provide something on an antidote. I'm tired of the conventions as they have always seemed like self-congratulatory pep rallies to me (regardless of which side you are on). And I like Mirren quite a bit too (and have seen that bikini shot) Have a great weekend.

    Nobich - Happy Friday to you.

     
  21. What? You're telling me that bad people profit from the sale of cocaine? Inconceivable.

    /sarcasm

     
  22. Linda Says:
  23. Russell Brand cracks me up. He may actually make the VMAs interesting. Happy weekend!!

     
  24. vivavavoom Says:
  25. helen mirren is a firecracker....love her, but never liked coke. what was that film she was in with everyone eating and she was wearing bondage gear exposing everything. It would have been in the early 80's. any idea?

     
  26. Native Minnow - No kidding, eh? I thought it was old women who gave the money back to the poor who profited from the cocaine trade. Bizarre.

    Linda - Hope you had a good weekend. I liked Brand in 'Sarah Marshall' and watched a bit of the VMAs last night. He seemed a little nervous to me in the opening segment.

    Vivavavoom - I was never a huge fan either, although I do like Mirren. As for the movie, I believe you're referring to "The Cook, the Wife, the something and Her Lover" or something close to that. Interesting film.

     
  27. Joanna Cake Says:
  28. Go Helen! She's from my part of the world you know and has always been something of a personal heroine...

     
  29. Cake - I thought you might room for a homegrown product. Ha. I like Mirren quite a bit too.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com