Followers

Quick Hit Friday . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Friday, March 12, 2010

“When you side with a man, you stay with him! And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished! We're finished! All of us!” – William Holden, “The Wild Bunch”


I watched ‘The Wild Bunch’ on Blu Ray this week, and it holds up pretty damn well. It also features a healthy body count.

Anyway, I can certainly appreciate the concept of loyalty even if my own allegiance is predominately owed to finding a patio downtown to have a drink by 3:30 p.m., especially since the sun is shining and it’s about 70 degrees. But before that can happen, let’s look at the hard stories of the week such as:

Rapper Lil Wayne arrived at Rikers Island prison in New York City on Tuesday to begin serving a one-year jail term on a weapons conviction.

Wayne, 27, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., chose not to speak at his sentencing on Monday. With good behavior, he could be out of prison in eight months.


But in that 8 month time period, Lil Wayne is really hoping he doesn’t meet up with Big Mike in the shower room.

Lindsay Lohan slapped E-Trade Financial with a lawsuit for $100 million this week, The New York Post reported, as the actress is claiming that E-Trade's latest advertisement about a "milkaholic," boyfriend-stealing baby whose name is Lindsay is modeled after her.

Her lawyer, Stephanie Ovadia, said: "Many celebrities are known by one name only, and E-Trade is using that knowledge to profit. They used the name Lindsay," Ovadia said. "They're using her name as a parody of her life. Why didn't they use the name Susan? This is a subliminal message. Everybody's talking about it and saying it's Lindsay Lohan."



Ignoring her delusions of grandeur, I still don’t get Lohan’s identity hijacking claim: It’s not like E Trade made their baby a coke-sniffing, part-time lesbian, full-time party girl - choices which might have confused the issue. The fact that both like breast milk is largely coincidental.

Charlie Sheen will report back to work on the set for "Two and a Half Men" next week after undergoing rehab his publicist confirmed.

Last month, Rosenfield announced that Sheen had voluntarily entered a rehab facility "as a preventative measure."


The real downside here is that Sheen’s return means that new episodes of the show will be filmed and then forced onto the public at some future date and time.

Conan O'Brien announced on Thursday a live comedy show that will tour U.S. and Canadian theaters starting next month.

The 30-city tour, titled "Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television," is set to start April 12 in Eugene, Oregon. It will travel to Vancouver and Toronto in Canada, as well as major U.S. cities. Billed as "a night of music, comedy, hugging, and the occasional awkward silence," according to O'Brien's website.

Conan spent seven months as host of the "The Tonight Show" on NBC, a position he took over from Jay Leno.


O’Brien plans to play the same theaters that Leno also uses during his stand-up act, but anticipates performing for only half as many people each night.

After a popular online petition kept circulating to recruit her, it was announced this week that Betty White will appear on ‘Saturday Night Live’ in the near future.
White confirmed this to People magazine at Elton John’s annual Oscars viewing party.

When asked by PEOPLE, "Are you doing ‘Saturday Night Live?’," she answered, "Yes," even if she remains perplexed by the groundswell of support. "I don't know why or how," she says, "but it's been wonderful."


I’ve got no joke for this one – I love Betty White. She’s always been Golden to me . . .

And speaking of golden, let’s end with an image or two:



A little ink on skin can be sexy, and a deserted kitchen isn’t entirely a bad thing either. So, don’t be afraid to mix the kitchen with the bedroom today, keep things tidy wherever you are and . . . Happy Friday!

{Editor's Note: R.I.P. Corey Haim}

-BDS

17 comments

  1. wigsf Says:
  2. Betty White is hilarious. I still watch The Golden Girls reruns on a semi-regular basis.

     
  3. Heff Says:
  4. With a name like "William Holden", you really have to wonder what he meant by "Side with a man". I digress.

    Excellent "Lil' Wayne" joke. That's EXACTLY where I was gonna go !

    Regarding Lohan, this is TOTALLY ridiculous. I had NO IDEA she was the only girl on the planet named Lindsay....

    I thought "preventative measure" was Charlie Sheen's nick-name for his penis.

    More power to "Co-Co". DOWN WITH LENO !!!

    Re : Betty White - The Superbowl commercial was classic. I suggest she start a Golden Oldies comedy world tour with Abe Vigoda. They could call it the "White-Fish" comedy tour.

    And in closing, don't get your ass tattooed on your short day, BDS !

     
  5. WIGSF - I used to watch them growing up, but haven't seen them for a long while. Love ol' Betty White . . . Happy Friday WIGSF.

    Heff - Appreciate the detail and the puns, speaking of, great one w/ Holden as my mind didn't even go near that one, ha, the Wayne joke was too easy but still good, I think the exact same thing about Lohan, that's a good theory about Sheen, I tend to agree as I like Conan & he definitely got shafted, that's 'Fish' tour would sell out venues - guaranteed & yeah excellent commercial, and I will not get anything tattooed this weekend. Happy Friday Heff.

     
  6. h Says:
  7. "The Wild Bunch" is a classic. TRIVIA TIME! What Mega-Celebrity had William Holden as his Best Man at his second wedding?


    Red-Eye (america's best TV show)discussed Lohan's nuisance lawsuit. You missed the part where her "lawyer" compared her to "Oprah" and "Madonna".

    A: They both suck but they've DONE SOMETHING.

    B: I've never met an "Oprah" or a "Madonna". I know a dozen Lindseys or Lindsays.

    I did Betty White at her Debutante Party to the sweet sounds of Benny Goodman's clarinet. Ahh....memories.

     
  8. Troll Y2K - I really want to know that piece of trivia. Seriously. Holden is awesome in that movie . . . And I saw that about Lohan's lawyer, and actually cut it out of the report (but now realize I probably should have kept it in). I can't believe he could make that comparison w/ a straight face. And if that Betty White story is true, then the rest of your life was probably all downhill becuase that would be the high water mark for anyone. Anyone. Ha. Happy Friday.

     
  9. JLee Says:
  10. I love Betty White...her Super Bowl commercial was great and Lohan is being an idiot (what's new?)
    Have a great weekend and enjoy the weather!

    wv: "uncup"

     
  11. Linda Says:
  12. I've seen that e-trade ad many times, and not once did Lohan come to mind. What a loon. Also, I'm guessing Sheen prefers rehab to jail. Another crazy mess. Who knew being a Betty White fan would be cool someday? Always felt like a loser if I sat home on a Saturday night watching the Golden Girls. Not so much any more. Enjoy your weekend and Happy Friday!!

     
  13. Jlee - Nobody dislikes Betty White. She's universally popular. Ha. And yeah, every week could be another Lohan stupidity story. Happy Friday & I'm digging the weather.

    Linda - Ha. THe Betty White appreciation has finally come full circle for many of us. She's great. And I thought the same thing about Lohan & Sheen - ridiculous on both accounts. Ready to see a film, but there's not much in the theater right now . . . Happy Friday.

     
  14. Jenny Says:
  15. Betty White in Lake Placid cemented her as a true comedian and icon. I heart her big time and look forward to watching her.

    Lohan is NO Cher, Madonna, etc. I think she did for the publicity and I hope she gets to pay for all of the attorney costs. What.An.Idiot.

    Have a great Weekend!

     
  16. BostonPobble Says:
  17. Lindsey Lohan continues to need to go away, as I have oft repeated here and elsewhere. Although the hubris this time is very nearly impressive. And Betty White needs to stick around. Forever.

     
  18. h Says:
  19. Hint: The Mega-Celebrity Groom was considerably older than Holden. Started in radio. Then films. Then TV. Then a star.

     
  20. I can't believe Betty White will be hosting SNL! It's amazing that she has the energy to appear in movies and on television at her age. I can't even think of a word that would best describe her career, except to say that it is phenomenal.

     
  21. Miss Ash Says:
  22. I loved when Betty was on TMZ and Max the blonde dude was like "damn she looks good" .... everyone was like "ummmmmm....."

    As for Lohan I have the same sentiments....really...you really think it's about you???? Trust me sweetheart you're not Oprah or Madonna!

     
  23. Boxer - I remember reading that White was great in 'Placid' but I never saw that film. I said the same thing about Lohan and lawyer costs to someone today too. Happy Friday Boxer.

    BostonPobble - Hubris is exactly the right word for Lohan here, and it's bordering on so over-the-top that it almost needs to be recognized. Ha. But not quite . . . she needs to go away. Happy Friday Pobble.

    Troll Y2K - Clint Eastwood? No. That doesn't hold up. Hmmm, might have to Google it . . . but thanks for the clue.

    Ehow - I agree completely. She has done it all & unlike most people, only seems to get better with time. Phenomenal is a good word. Happy Friday.

    Miss Ash - Ha. I hadn't seen that on TMZ, and even though I like White, I'm not sure I'd go that far. Lohan is just a dunce. Period. Happy Friday.

     
  24. Hermes Says:
  25. Very tasteful not poking fun at Corey haim. Hard not to feel sorry for him really. But... another overdose from prescription drugs? wtf is happening down there?

     
  26. Savannah Says:
  27. I know I'm horribly late B but thought I would say hi anyway.

    I will join with the rest of the Betty White Fan Club, although I loved Bea Arthur's humour more in the Golden Girls. Man I loved that show.

    Hope you had a great weekend B.

     
  28. Getoffmylawn - Yeah, I figure if you have that much stardom at such a young age that you're probably in for a rough ride the rest of the way. Probably. Happy Friday.

    Gypsy - Glad to see you around, and yeah, I enjoyed Bea more on that show too, although White kept her paces too. And White has been great these past few years. Happy Belated Friday.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com