Followers

Blog Archive

Quick Hit Friday . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Friday, July 17, 2009

"Don't you know that eating that stuff can give you very large breasts?” – Val Kilmer, “Real Genius”


I love ‘Genius’ as it stands as an 80s classic, and features a relaxed and funny performance from Kilmer before he starting taking himself too seriously. Besides, how can you not love a film where some dude lives in a closet?

Oh well, it’s going to be hectic day as I’ve still got food to pick up and beer to ice for the party, so before I leave the office by 3 p.m. to get it all done, let’s look a the hard stories of the week such:

Ryan Seacrest signed a new three-year deal this week with CKX, parent of "American Idol" producer 19 Entertainment, worth $45 million.

Under the pact, which is believed to be the richest ever for a reality host, Seacrest will be exclusive to CKX in broadcast TV primetime to host "Idol" or any CKX-produced show that might succeed it. "Idol" producers 19, FremantleMedia North America and Fox all declined to comment on Seacrest's new deal, as did his attorneys.


Nobody spoke because everyone involved remains embarrassed by the situation.

Singer Oksana Grigorieva released a preview of her new music video directed by her boyfriend Mel Gibson this week.

People magazine revealed the video for Grigorieva's song "Say My Name" from her upcoming album, "Beautiful Heartache." The video was filmed in Mexico over 7 days, and features a torrid tango session.


It also features scenes of slow-motion torture, impalings and cries of ‘Freedom,’ which is how the average viewer will know that Gibson directed it.

In other Gibson news, the actor is in negotiations to star in the whimsical drama "The Beaver," a film about a man and his beaver puppet with Jodie Foster also in discussions to direct and co-star.


{Insert your own beaver joke here}

Jessica Simpson and Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo have split up as the athlete broke it off with Simpson the night before her 29th birthday, according to People.com.

"She is heartbroken," said the source. "She loves Tony. But it's been difficult lately. He's busy with his career and she's getting ready to shoot her show (The Price of Beauty). They decided to part ways."


I guess Romo is now hunting for a new tight end to throw the pigskin with. Ouch.

Molly Ringwald, 41, and her husband Panio Gianopoulos, welcomed twins this week as daughter Adele Georgiana and son Roman Stylianos arrived after a natural birth in Los Angeles, according to People magazine.

The two new additions will join their five-year-old sister, Mathilda Ereni.


Once Ringwald has two more children, she will finally have enough to fill out a complete Breakfast Club at her house.

Robert Redford married artist Sibylle Szaggars this past Saturday evening in Hamburg, Germany in front of 30 family and friends.

Speaking to People magazine, Pastor Frank Engelbrecht of Hamburg's St. Catherine Church, said the couple "wanted a very intimate ceremony."


It was unconfirmed, but prior to the wedding, Redford allegedly made Engelbrecht an Indecent Proposal that she accepted after much deliberation.

On the flip side of marriage, Amy Winehouse's marriage finally ended Thursday when the singer and Blake Fielder-Civil were granted a divorce by a judge in London.

Winehouse married Fielder-Civil in Miami in 2007, but he was arrested six months later over an assault and sent to jail. He filed for divorce earlier this year on the grounds of her infidelity.

Divorce papers filed stated that Fielder-Civil found living with Winehouse "intolerable," and Winehouse acknowledged adultery and said she would not contest the divorce.


Winehouse only requested the return of her crack pipes in the settlement.

As always, let’s end with a gold image or two:



It felt like an extra hand might be needed today, and these images just made sense to me. So, find a good partner, engage in mutually productive behavior and . . . Happy Friday!

-BDS

17 comments

  1. wigsf Says:
  2. Happy Friday!

    And those are some tasty pics at the end of the post.

     
  3. JLee Says:
  4. Yeah, I am a bit tongue tied after looking at the first pic. Ok, maybe there's a pun in there. ha

    I DO remember I was going to say, Mel Gibson seems to be going the way of Spencer Pratt these days with the "girlfriend music videos" NNOOOOOO!

    Have fun at the party! Hope all the preparations pay off...

     
  5. Savannah Says:
  6. Sweet Baby Jesus in the manger....that's all I got after seeing that first gold image. After that, every other thought just flew out of my head.

    Have a great party tonight B and I hope there is no collateral damage my friend.

     
  7. Miss Ash Says:
  8. I've lost my train of thought after that 1st photo!

    I was going to write something about Sescrest...but who cares really???

    Have a great party!!

     
  9. Heff Says:
  10. Quick Heff Friday !


    Without question, the BEST part of "Real Genius" was Linda Weismier, who was only in the movie briefly.

    Seacrest is "Executive Producer" on almost EVERY krappy tv show now. STOP THE MADNESS !!!

    Gibson's "Freedom" is certianly in question now. Didn't he knock-up Grigorieva ?

    I personally have NEVER wanted to see Jodie Foster's beaver. John Hinkley ? Probably so.

    Good for Romo, as Jessica Simpson probably has the I.Q. of a football anyway.

    Ringwald's children are DOOMED to be "Pretty In Pink" !

    Robert Redford ? Hell, I figured he was dead...

    You got me on Winehouse !

    And in closing, Have a great party, but don't let your guests "Net you in" !!!

     
  11. WIGSF - Happy Friday to you & glad you liked the pics as I just found them last night.

    Jlee - Ha. Love a good pun around here always, and let's hope Gibson's video turns out better than Pratt's which was pathetic (not surprisingly). Still have preparations left, but so far, so good. Happy Friday.

    KayDee - I knew you would like that one & included it for the females out there as I am nothing if an equal opportunist (and professional). Ha. Have a great weekend.

    Miss Ash - Forget Seacrest, eh? Ha. Glad you liked the pics & it should put you in a good frame of mind for the weekend. Happy Friday.

    Heff - You were jumped today - ha - but I always appreciate the detail, so . . . she was in it all to briefly, Seacrest must be doing something right (I guess), Gibson's girlfriend is pregnant, thought the beaver joke might take a different slant, I figure Romo got tired of her creepy Dad, like the Ringwald line quite a bit, Redford is still around which is good in my book, Winehouse tires me out, and excellent closing. Happy Friday.

     
  12. All I can say is that I'm shocked, SHOCKED, by the Amy Winehouse divorce. Okay, not really.

     
  13. How will you know when the Apocaplypse is nigh?

    The smarmy ass-bandit will reap a 45 million doubloon fortune.

    The madman and the lesbian will agree to share the beaver.

    A chasm will form between the leggy madrigal singer and the thrower of spherical pork.

    An old leftist nobody cares about will marry a hamburger.

    She who has Beehive on Head will divide the spoils of war with hot-head junkie.

    Heed my words, ye future readers!

     
  14. Linda Says:
  15. Batting for LaLohan in this week's QHF .... Amy Winehouse. What a wackadoodle. And seriously, how do you title a movie The Beaver? Especially with those two involved. Hope your party goes well and Happy Friday!

     
  16. I'm already hot because of the temperatures and that first picture made me even hotter. Thanks for that. :/

    With that pay raise, Seacrest should now be able to afford his ego. What a tool.

    Mel, Schmel. Surely this marriage thing is a Conspiracy Theroy. (I have lots of others I could have thrown in here, but I restrained myself!)

    Speaking of egos, Romo is an idiot. There is no way he could get smokin hot girls (Carrie, Jess) if he were a regular schmo. He's a goofy looking dude with exceptionally large ears. He better play that Cowboy's Quarterback card as long as he can.

    Is it me, or is Hollywood having a twin explosion over the last 5 years? Note to self: If ever in Hollywood, do not drink the water.

    The best Redford movie? Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Best Paul Newman movie as well.

    I figured Amy Winehouse would have died in the group of those who went a few weeks ago.

    Happy Party. Happy Friday. Happy Sticky Floors.

     
  17. Jenny Says:
  18. Reading on the plane! Happy Friday

     
  19. Native Minnow – You and me both pal – you could have knocked me over with a feather. Ha. Happy Friday to you.

    The Seer – You do see far and wide today, so $45 is a lot of coin regardless of who’s giving/receiving, the Foster/Gibson line was similar to one I was thinking about, spherical pork is a hell of a term I hadn’t thought about, I like Redford (go figure, eh?), and I could have seen the Winehouse thing and I can’t foretell a damn thing usually. Ha. Happy Friday in Troll Land.

    Linda – Yeah, it feels like an off week with no Lohan news, but then again, she will always have someone to fill in the gaps. Ha. That is a bizarre name for the movie, and who knows, it might get changed if the project moves forward as I don’t think it’s a done deal yet. Not sure if I’m going to make it out to see anything this weekend – unfortunately. Happy Friday.

    Kmwthay – You and me both as it’s another 100 degree day here & pic only enhances the heat, what a tool indeed (but a rich one), forgot about Conspiracy Theory so thanks for the reminder and the pun, he is a goof-looking guy who does get girls because he quarterbacks the Cowboys (no doubt about it), think it’s probably a lot of in vitro stuff accounting for the twin thing (pure speculation), I own ‘Butch Cassidy’ on DVD, I think Winehouse is holed up in St. Lucia (seriously), and finally, Happy Friday. Stay cool.

    Boxer – Enjoy the hell out of your trip to SF and Happy Friday.

     
  20. nobich Says:
  21. Happy Friday!! Hope your weekend is great!!

     
  22. UBERMOUTH Says:
  23. I came here from JLee's.

    What happened to Robert Redford's first wife of a hundred years?

    I always liked Molly Ringwald.

     
  24. BostonPobble Says:
  25. I was going to offer to lend a hand with the party preparations because I love entertaining. Perhaps, given the nature of the signoff, though, I won't this time.

     
  26. Nobich - Happy belated Friday & hope you had a good weekend yourself.

    Ubermouth - Come back anytime, and I liked Ringwald pretty well myself (even though I never found her particularly attractive).

    Bostonpobble - Ha. Yeah, I guess in this case, that might have taken on a different context. Though in the strictly preparation sense, I could have used a hand or six. :)

     
  27. I wear my knowledge of people like a suit of armor. Their words can not harm me.

    And I have a feeling someone is hiding under their bed right about now.

     

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com