Followers

Vince Young Owns Austin And A Little Piece Of My Heart . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Thursday, January 05, 2006

There are few things that can compare to the euphoria one feels after witnessing one of the greatest sports games in history - especially when your team comes out on top.

UT 41 USC 38

UT football is the only sports team that causes me to experience a roller coaster of emotions nearly every week during the season.

Doubt, delirium, and anger get replaced by pride and extreme prejudice in the Longhorns favor when they suck it up and beat what the mainstream press had dubbed "the greatest team in college football history."

But Vince Young and an opportunistic defense ruined the Trojans party on a night where the stars were aligned and a shaggy-looking Matthew McCaughney roamed the sidelines.

Young's performance was the greatest single effort in a major contest EVER, and the guy will never have to pay for food, lodging or women for the rest of his life inside the city of Austin.

To prepare for the game, I invited my brother and a few select rabid UT fans over to watch the game on my Hi-Def TV and stocked the place with Rudy's barbecue and Shiner Boch.

The barbecue tasted great going down, but then it repeatedly threatened to come back up in an ugly way during a game that went back and forth more times than the sexual orientation of Anne Heche.

By the end of the night, my adrenal glands were fried and my emotions were spent.

The drama made the victory all the sweeter, however, and for at least one night everything was right in the universe.

That is a feeling to savor because it doesn't occur very often, and for that reason as well as many others I can honestly say that I love Vince Young and the entire 2006 UT football team.

But Vince will forever hold a special place in my heart.

-BDS

0 comments

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com